There's a short but informative interview with television writer Don Payne over at the Futon Critic. Payne has written for Hope and Gloria, The Brian Benben Show, Men Behaving Badly and Pride and Joy. He has also written the screenplays for My Super Ex-Girlfriend and the upcoming Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Payne has also been a writer on The Simpsons for the last eight years.
We originally sat down with Donny P. to talk movies, but c'mon. You try sitting down with a Simpsons writer and NOT bringing up the wonderful town of Springfield. Here's what Mr. Payne had to say about his experiences with Hope & Gloria, Pride & Joy, Men Behaving Badly, and (especially) The Simpsons.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Rush Sneak Peek: Harry Hamlin Debuts as William's Estranged Father
- Killer ABC Promo: Ellen Pompeo and Kerry Washington Welcome Viola Davis to 'Shondaland Thursday'
- Extant Recap: The Unkindest Cut
- Sharknado 2: The 13 Best Worst Lines and 13 Fishiest Leaps of Logic
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: It's Just Emotions, Taking Me Over
- More From TVLine
- Chris Pratt Recalls That Time He Flashed Amy Poehler
- Kate Upton: It Was 'Inconvenient' To Be Pretty Growing Up
- Alicia Keys Pregnant with Baby No. 2!
- Brian Williams Reports on Daughter Allison Williams' 'Peter Pan' Casting News
- Miranda Kerr Gives Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber Something to Fight About
- More From ET