There's a short but informative interview with television writer Don Payne over at the Futon Critic. Payne has written for Hope and Gloria, The Brian Benben Show, Men Behaving Badly and Pride and Joy. He has also written the screenplays for My Super Ex-Girlfriend and the upcoming Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Payne has also been a writer on The Simpsons for the last eight years.
We originally sat down with Donny P. to talk movies, but c'mon. You try sitting down with a Simpsons writer and NOT bringing up the wonderful town of Springfield. Here's what Mr. Payne had to say about his experiences with Hope & Gloria, Pride & Joy, Men Behaving Badly, and (especially) The Simpsons.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TVLine Items: Jimmy Smits Gets Down, Grace and Frankie Renewed and More
- T.J. Miller's The Gorburger Show Gobbles Up Pilot Order at HBO
- Revenge Finale Gets Barry Sloane's Seal of Approval: 'Emily and Jack Were Always Supposed to End Up Together'
- Summer TV Calendar: Hannibal, Liars, Mistresses, 105+ Other Dates to Save
- Ratings: 5th Grader, Weight Loss and America's Got Talent Return Down
- More From TVLine
- Bristol Palin Breaks Silence Over Canceled Wedding: 'This Is a Painful Time'
- Khloe Kardashian Causes Controversy with Niqab Selfie
- Harry Styles' $600 Facial Secret Revealed: It's All About Placenta!
- 9 Celeb Weddings We Can't Wait For
- Jenny Lewis Channels Her 'Troop Beverly Hills' Days in Music Video for 'She's Not Me'
- More From ET