Although Bellisario was fired from the show after season 4 when star Mark Harmon threatened to leave, Deadline reports Bellisario is saying that the network was still contractually obligated to include him in the spinoff show.
The network has countered via a statement to Entertainment Weekly, saying "Don Bellisario has no rights to what he is claiming in this suit. The contract is clear, the facts are undeniable and the courts won't need Naval intelligence to conclude that the case has no merit. We continue to honor all of our obligations to Mr. Bellisario under the actual agreement."
In other TV news ...
• The CW network has a new boss. Mark Pedowitz was named the new head of the network. Former chief Dawn Ostroff announced her exit earlier this year. [TV Guide]
• The 'Glee' gang has scored a major guest star while they film the Nationals episode in New York this week. Apparently, Broadway leged Patti LuPone is filming scenes today with 'Glee' stars Lea Michele and Chris Colfer. [TV Line]
• NBC is working on a TV series based on John Grisham's 'The Firm.' The author is on board the project as a producer. [EW]
From a meth-making chemistry teacher to a damaged 1960s ad exec, the guys populating the dramatic actor category in our best of the decade are nothing short of brilliant.
It's hard to choose favorites when you're dealing with the likes of Jon Hamm, Bryan Cranston, Mark Harmon, James Gandolfini, and many others, but the TV Squad team has spoken.
Did your favorites make our list? If not, feel free to add them in the comments below.
Michael Ausiello at TV Guide is reporting a big scoop: NCIS star Mark Harmon is threatening to walk off the hit CBS show.
Citing inside sources, Ausiello says that Harmon has always been fed up with producer Donald Bellisario's (Magnum, P.I., JAG, Quantum Leap) "chaotic management style" and wants off the show. The source also says that Harmon is one of the nicest guys on television and that he's in the right on this one. The dispute is described as "a big standoff."
So I'll ask you readers the same thing that Ausiello asks his readers: can NCIS survive without Mark Harmon, or is he the main reason to watch the show?
[via TV Tattle]
A lot of people who started watch JAG a little later in the show's run might not realize that the first season of the show was on NBC, not CBS. NBC canceled it after the first season, and in a rare move, another network (CBS) picked it up. But at the end of the first season, there was an episode titled "Skeleton Crew." NBC never showed the episode because they canceled the show. And when the second season started, CBS decided not to show the episode either, because Catherine Bell played David James Elliott's girlfriend in the episode, and she would later be on the show as Mac. Certain scenes of the episode were shown later, however, in another episode.
But fans, there's good news: the episode will finally be seen when the first season DVD set hits stores! The set will be released on July 25.
Anyway, the first season of the show is finally coming out on DVD. It will be six DVDS, and these will be episodes from when it was on NBC (it later went to CBS when NBC canceled it - fools!). Paramount will release the set on July 25, complete with a couple of featurettes on the making of the show, plus a commentary from creator Donald Bellisario on the pilot ep.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 10 Unforgettable Moments from 'The Amazing Race' Season 25
- Steroline: 9 Pivotal Moments of Stefan and Caroline's Relationship on 'The Vampire Diaries'
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.11 Photos: Will Grief Unite Emily and Victoria?
- 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4: Ranking the Looks of ?Mix and Match.com?
- Proof That Dunder Mifflin Had the Worst Office Christmas Parties Ever
- More From BuddyTV
- The Amazing Race Season 25 Finale: And the Winner Is...
- Cable Ratings: Colbert Report Ends on High Note, Covert Finale Ticks Up
- David Schwimmer Joins FX's OJ-Themed American Crime Story as Robert Kardashian
- Once Upon a Time Casts Ernie Hudson as Ursula's Father Poseidon in Season 4
- Sarah Jessica Parker Eyes HBO Comeback in Divorce Comedy
- More From TVLine
- New Kids on the Block: Then & Now
- Kevin Jonas, Beyonce and Anna Kendrick Get Into The Holiday Spirit
- 'Annie' Stars Crack Jokes and Reminisce About Filming for ET Roundtable
- Move Over Meryl, Chris Pine Is the 'Into the Woods' Scene Stealer
- Oops! Obama Flubs James Franco's Name, Internet Responds
- More From ET