It would have been so easy for Tom Hanks to skip the 'Bosom Buddies' reunion yesterday during the taping of the TV Land Awards, which will air next Sunday night at 9PM. He's one of the biggest movie stars in the world, appearing in more popular and/or critically-acclaimed and/or biggest-grossing modern movies than most other actors, so why in hell would he even bother to go to the reunion of some low-rated show he was on 30 years ago for only 37 episodes?
Because he's Tom Hanks, that's why.
There seems to be some confusion over what the term "OpEd" means. Well, let's concentrate on the Op part. Op is short for opinion. That's what I and many bloggers like myself express in our pieces, our opinions. As a fan of TPiR, I would be very upset to see Rosie hosting, mainly because I am not a fan of hers. I don't find her funny or entertaining. Aside from the fact that she bores me to tears, I have nothing against her.
There are those in the world that will try to convince you that Bosom Buddies, the early 80s sitcom starring Tom Hanks and Peter Scolari as two advertising guys who have to dress as women in order to afford the rent at an apartment building, is a terrible show. A show that was short-lived because it was so bad. A show that Tom Hanks is probably embarrassed to have on his resume.
None of those things are true. Hanks is proud of the show and has talked about it fondly for years. And the show is actually good. Sure, the premise is ridiculous and "sitcommy," but so what? If it's funny, it's funny. This show was funny, and the two leads and the supporting cast (including Telma Hopkins, the late Wendie Jo Sperber, and Holland Taylor from Two and a Half Men) are great together.
TVShowsOnDVD is reporting that the first season of the show is finally coming to DVD, after many years of speculation. No official word from the studio yet, but there is a pic of the box for the set, which will include 19 episodes. Hopefully there will be some commentaries too.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Madam Secretary's Téa Leoni, EPs Talk Elizabeth's First Scandal, Henry's Spy Game, Staff Bonding and More
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs from Grey's, Mindy, Parks and More
- Ratings: Five-0 Slips to Low, Last Man Rises, Cristela Ticks Up, Dixie Flat
- Performer of the Week: Lady Gaga
- Glee Recap: Party Poopers
- More From TVLine
- Kanye West Honors His Late Mother & North -- See the Tattoos!
- Kate Mara Doesn't Want You to Eat Meat On Mondays and Here's Why
- William Shatner Feels Awful for Having to Miss Leonard Nimoy's Funeral
- Did Ryan Gosling Get His Daughter's Name Tattooed on His Knuckles?!
- Alicia Keys Shows Off 2-Month-Old Baby in Most Adorable Family Pic!
- More From ET