July 4, 2015
by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 17th 2009 10:12AM
Before The Simpsons begat Futurama, current executive producer of The Simspons Al Jean, along with Mike Reiss, created a short-lived animated series about a film critic who hated almost every film he ever saw.
Starring Jon Lovitz in some brilliant voice work, The Critic ran through two networks in two seasons. Like Futurama and Family Guy, it found some success with reruns on cable -- in this case, Comedy Central -- and a subsequent DVD release. But unlike those series, The Critic remains but a distant memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Chicago Fire Season 4: Casey Has Gone Missing! — What Happens Next?
- A.D. The Bible Continues Cancelled
- Is Detective Truly a Snooze? Is UnReal Couple 'Shippable? LOLcats on Zoo? Dreadful Heartbreak? And More TV Qs
- Ratings: Hannibal, Rookie, Beast Steady on Soft Holiday Eve; Dome Drops
- Fireworks! 25 Explosive TV Moments, Including Thrones Death, Once's Dark Hero, an Inhuman Twist and More
- More From TVLine
- President Obama Jokes With The Black Keys on Twitter, Invites Them to Play at White House
- Happy Fourth of July! 11 Reasons to Celebrate America in 2015
- Taylor Swift Gets a Piggy Back Ride From Boyfriend Calvin Harris -- See the Adorable Pic!
- What's the Secret Behind Taylor Swift's Unstoppable Power?
- Jennifer Hudson Readies for Her Broadway Debut in ‘The Color Purple'
- More From ET