September 2, 2014
by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 17th 2009 10:12AM
Before The Simpsons begat Futurama, current executive producer of The Simspons Al Jean, along with Mike Reiss, created a short-lived animated series about a film critic who hated almost every film he ever saw.
Starring Jon Lovitz in some brilliant voice work, The Critic ran through two networks in two seasons. Like Futurama and Family Guy, it found some success with reruns on cable -- in this case, Comedy Central -- and a subsequent DVD release. But unlike those series, The Critic remains but a distant memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Suits Bad Boy Brendan Hines Fitted for a Recurring Role on Scorpion
- Netflix's Hemlock Grove Renewed for Third (and Final!) Season
- True Blood's Anna Camp Casts an Evil Spell on Disney's Sofia — First Photos
- Major Crimes Casts Pretty Little Alum Torrey DeVitto as [Spoiler]'s Daughter
- John Stamos Lands Leading Role on Members Only Country Club Drama
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: Melissa Rivers Only Sees One Outcome for Joan
- Former Lead Singer of Survivor Jimi Jamison Dead at 63
- Jennifer Lopez on Her Failed Relationships: 'I Will Eventually Get It Right'
- Teenage Katy Perry Sings and Cries in New Footage from Her First Tour
- Justin Bieber Arrested During ATV Date With Selena Gomez, Charged With Assault
- More From ET