January 30, 2015
by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 17th 2009 10:12AM
Before The Simpsons begat Futurama, current executive producer of The Simspons Al Jean, along with Mike Reiss, created a short-lived animated series about a film critic who hated almost every film he ever saw.
Starring Jon Lovitz in some brilliant voice work, The Critic ran through two networks in two seasons. Like Futurama and Family Guy, it found some success with reruns on cable -- in this case, Comedy Central -- and a subsequent DVD release. But unlike those series, The Critic remains but a distant memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- The 30 Best Auditions of 'American Idol' Season 14
- More From BuddyTV
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Photos: Cersei Schemes, Tyrion Lurks, Arya Arrives, New Faces Emerge
- Parenthood Deleted Scenes Show Seth's Return, Sarah's Roast and More
- Lewis and Clark: HBO Greenlights Miniseries Starring Casey Affleck
- Celebrity Apprentice Sneak Peek: Does Kenya Moore Call Vivica A. Fox Fat?
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Nashville, Supergirl, Castle, Flash, Supernatural, Forever, Grey's, NCIS, Jane and More!
- More From TVLine
- Star Shots: What's On Instagram?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Trailer Will Blow Your Mind!
- 'Harry Potter' Star Rushed to Hospital With Severe Flu-Like Symptoms
- We Never Stopped Believing — How 'Glee' Finally Got Its Groove Back!
- Katy Perry Confirms 'Mean Girls' Tweet was Aimed at Taylor Swift
- More From ET