April 19, 2014
by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 17th 2009 10:12AM
Before The Simpsons begat Futurama, current executive producer of The Simspons Al Jean, along with Mike Reiss, created a short-lived animated series about a film critic who hated almost every film he ever saw.
Starring Jon Lovitz in some brilliant voice work, The Critic ran through two networks in two seasons. Like Futurama and Family Guy, it found some success with reruns on cable -- in this case, Comedy Central -- and a subsequent DVD release. But unlike those series, The Critic remains but a distant memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Report: Gwen Stefani Replacing Christina Aguilera on The Voice Next Season
- Shane West Previews Scary Salem's 'Sense of Urgency and Dread,' Talks Taming His Wig
- Exclusive Mentalist Sneak Peek: Pike Has Big News for Lisbon — and It's Not Good
- Pilot News: Ian Gomez Books CBS Comedy Pilot Cuz-Bros – Is This Bad Omen for Cougar Town?
- ABC Family Orders Supernatural Procedural Drama Pilot Stitchers
- More From TVLine
- John C. Reilly Takes You Behind The Scenes Of Disney's 'Bears'
- 'Hawaii Five-0' Star Alex O'Loughlin is Married!
- 'Jesus Christ Superstar' Creators Talk Show's Creation & Controversy
- 'Good Morning America' Promotes Lara Spencer to Co-Host
- Exclusive: Lionel Richie Recalls His Amazing Chance Meeting with Marvin Gaye
- More From ET