Their friendship had ended when Elka caught Lydia in a tent with her husband. So when she saw her old friend, she did what anyone would do. She knocked her out with a hard right hook.
Lydia tried to explain that it was a misunderstanding, and that Elka's husband was only warming her because of frostbite. It was pretty convincing when she showed her three-toed foot, but it turned out to still be a fantasy.
Still, it wasn't all bad. When Lydia's son showed up, Elka saw so much of her deceased husband in him. So much that despite her anger at Lydia, she couldn't bring herself to tell the truth to the son her husband had with her best friend. She simply enjoyed the chance to look into her husband's eyes again.
The 'Everybody Loves Raymond' star is guest starring on not one, not two, but three shows at the end of this TV season.
According to Entertainment Weekly, Roberts will reprise her role as Brick's teacher and go toe-to-toe with Patrica Heaton, her former 'Raymond' co-star, once again on the May 25 episode of 'The Middle.'
"Patty and I go head to head once again," Roberts told EW. "I still think I'm right about her kid and she still thinks I'm evil and mean."
The actress made her first appearance in the season 2 premiere.
Frankie Fires Off an Angry Drunk Letter to the Principal About Brick's Teacher on 'The Middle' (VIDEO)
Frankie tried to reconnect to Brick's situation at school when he started getting Ds on his math tests. But after meetings with his teacher weren't going well, Frankie decided to take a more direct approach. An approach inspired by beer.
She fired off a letter to the school principal. In it, she implied that Brick's teacher was a drunk, and possibly a former Nazi. "What do we really know about her?" she wrote.
[Warning: Spoiler alert.]
Brick is the youngest and most precocious child in the Heck family. And so when his parents Frankie and Mike (played by Heaton and Neil Flynn) show up to talk to Ms. Rinsky, they're understandably hopeful that they can get Brick some "special attention." Ms. Rinsky isn't in the mood to humor them, though, and takes specific aim at Frankie. "Every parent thinks their child is 'special',"she tells Frankie. "[But] they can't all be." Okay, that's actually a good point.
The Emmy award-winning 'Everybody Loves Raymond' star is slated to reprise her titular role as Mrs. Miracle in 'Debbie Macomber's They Call Me Mrs. Miracle' this fall on the Hallmark Channel, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
In this sequel to last December's 'Debbie Macomber's Mrs. Miracle' (and once again based on the best-selling author's book, which will hit stores in September), Roberts again will play Emily Merkle, a.k.a. Mrs. Miracle -- the mysterious and saintly woman who swoops into troubled lives in order to work her restorative Christmas magic.
The two famously sparred often on 'Everybody Loves Raymond,' but this time Roberts will be on Heaton's turf when she guest stars as Brick's new teacher.
According to Ausiello Files, expect Roberts' character to have some strong opinions about Frankie's (Heaton) parenting, just like old times!
In other TV news:
• Scott Porter, known to many for his role on 'Friday Night Lights' is joining CBS's 'The Good Wife' for as many as 10 episodes of the show's second season.
Warning, minor spoilers for 'The Good Wife' begin here!
In fact, Roberts went on, she also has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and her hands on a wall in Auckland, New Zealand,
And now, she said, I'm "looking for a place for my ass."
Hmmm...a mystery over at TV Land.com.
In the video section, there is a listing for "Remington Steel clips." Now, besides the fact that they didn't spell Remington Steele correctly, I don't remember the show being on TV Land (or Nick at Nite for that matter). The show is not even listed on their show list. So I clicked on the link to see what clips of the show the site had and I found out that there are also clips for Lost in Space and The Time Tunnel! Is this a promotion for the DVDs you can buy (there are links to buy them) and nothing more, or is it a little preview of shows TV Land has added to the lineup.
But this would be a good show for the network to pick up (I'm talking about Remington Steele, not Lost in Space or The Time Tunnel). I remember a cable network (I think it was A&E) ran the show every afternoon a few years back, and I really got into the show again.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Contestants from 'Hell's Kitchen' Season 12
- 'Castle' 6.19 Photos: Captain Gates Gets a Visit from Her Estranged Sister
- 'Grimm' Season 3 Episode Photos
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Moments of Desperation or Hope
- 'Once Upon a Time': 16 Moments of Good, Evil and Shock in 'New York City Serenade'
- More From BuddyTV
- 'The Originals': Will Marcel and Rebekah run away together?
- 'True Detective' ends on a series high, 'Cosmos' gains audience from cable
- 'Castle' Season 6 episode 18 video: Geishas and karaoke in 'Way of the Ninja'
- ABC Family summer 2014 schedule: 'Pretty Little Liars,''Switched at Birth,''The Fosters' and new shows
- Jimmy Kimmel likes Austin and SXSW ... and its BBQ. A lot.
- More From Zap2it
- ABC Family Sets Summer Premieres For Pretty Little Liars, 90210 Gals' Mystery Girls and More
- Orphan Black Season 2 Trailer: New Enemies Attack Sarah & Co. — Plus: A [Spoiler] Clone?!
- Cable Ratings: True Detective Finale Draws Record Crowd; Plus Lindsay's Premiere Numbers
- Exclusive Twisted Sneak Peek: Danny Makes a Surprising Confession About Vikram's Death
- Pilot News: Psych's James Roday Joins CBS Relationship Comedy Good Session
- More From TVLine