This is an early review.
Orel [reading from the Necronomicon]: I'm gonna read from this book that's written in a different language: "bon jour, arrivederci, ooh la la, that's Italian!, ching ching ching chong, spaghetti, top o' the mornin' to ya!"
When I interviewed Moral Orel creator Dino Stamatopolous last October, he mentioned that an upcoming episode would feature a short film created by Orel himself (but actually animated by Dino*). This is that episode, and it both rewards fans of the series and takes a few shots at those who hate it.
Orel: Gee, Doughy, your parents really do love you after all. They give you money and they don't ever want anything in return, not even you.
This episode was written by former Mr. Show writer/performer Scott Aukerman, along with Neil Campbell and Paul Rust. It wasn't until about one third through the episode I realized this was the first episode that wasn't tethered to some kind of religious ideal. The only "religious" aspect occurred when Orel decided he had to ask his mother if it was morally acceptable for a woman to accept gifts from a man if she doesn't actually like him.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 7 Reasons 'Downton Abbey' Fans Should Be Watching 'Call the Midwife'
- 'Bones' Poll: Should Brennan Go to Jail for Committing a Felony?
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'Put a Ring On It'
- 'Backstrom' Recap: Has Backstrom Sunk to a New Low?
- 'The Blacklist' Recap: Tom Keen Is in a World of Trouble
- More From BuddyTV
- TV's Best & Worst Weddings: Parks Perfection, Buffy Nightmare, Twisty Thrones, a Castle Miss and More
- Arrow Season 2.5 First Look: Oliver and Felicity Exchange Presents
- Hart of Dixie Sneak Peek: The O.C.'s Autumn Reeser Is the New 'Zoe'
- Scandal Recap: The Marrying Man — Plus, 'Sweet Baby' Returns
- Vampire Diaries Pics: What Makes Elena 'Reevaluate Her Life' With Damon?
- More From TVLine
- Jaime King Cried for '5 Hours' When a Pregnant Kim Kardashian Was Made Fun Of at the Met Gala
- Katy Perry Really Needs a Nap
- 'Outlander' Stars Share Their Best Tips on Getting Through Withdrawal!
- Britney Spears Is Taking Pre-Algebra Classes to Help Her Sons with Their Homework
- Get to Know Left Shark & All of Katy Perry's Hunky Backup Dancers
- More From ET