This is an early review.
Orel [reading from the Necronomicon]: I'm gonna read from this book that's written in a different language: "bon jour, arrivederci, ooh la la, that's Italian!, ching ching ching chong, spaghetti, top o' the mornin' to ya!"
When I interviewed Moral Orel creator Dino Stamatopolous last October, he mentioned that an upcoming episode would feature a short film created by Orel himself (but actually animated by Dino*). This is that episode, and it both rewards fans of the series and takes a few shots at those who hate it.
Orel: Gee, Doughy, your parents really do love you after all. They give you money and they don't ever want anything in return, not even you.
This episode was written by former Mr. Show writer/performer Scott Aukerman, along with Neil Campbell and Paul Rust. It wasn't until about one third through the episode I realized this was the first episode that wasn't tethered to some kind of religious ideal. The only "religious" aspect occurred when Orel decided he had to ask his mother if it was morally acceptable for a woman to accept gifts from a man if she doesn't actually like him.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 12 Girls Performance Rankings
- 'Agent Carter': What Have We Learned from the First Female Superhero Show?
- 'Kardashians' Family Secures $100 Million Deal with E!
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.17 Photos: Caroline's Got a Gun
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Season Finale Recap: Lila's Killer is Revealed
- More From BuddyTV
- Hawaii Five-0 Sneak Peek: Danny and the 'Killing Machine' Return to Therapy
- How to Get Away With Murder Season 1 Finale Recap: Over Her Dead Body
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Herman's Head
- American Idol Recap: Chick Magnetism
- Castle Casts 24 Vet Reiko Aylesworth, Housewives' Ricardo Chavira
- More From TVLine
- Will Forte Gives Seth Meyers the Best Wedding Toast of All Time
- Eddie Redmayne Channels Transgender Pioneer Lili Elbe for New Film
- Zedd Met Selena Gomez Because 'He Had to Pee'
- Are Alan Cumming's ‘Celibacy Challenge' Undies Too Risqué for Instagram?
- Kanye West Tweets Out Apologies to Beck and Bruno Mars
- More From ET