On a personal note, this was the end of an era for me, because it was Tennant who pulled me back into Doctor Who a couple of seasons ago. I had heard the new series was great, but didn't manage to catch Christopher Eccleston's incarnation. I have since gone back and watched his series, but I may not have had Tennant not been such a fantastic fit for the role (Brad also explained this in out Best TV of the '00s feature).
This is definitely a step in the right direction for the series, as Moffat's previous contributions to the show have been some of the greatest highlights. For example, that chilling episode "Blink" (the one that made it impossible for me to walk through a sculpture garden without looking over my shoulder every two seconds) was his masterpiece.
Here's the BBC press release, but it contains a spoiler if you don't know what happens to Freema's first character, Adeola. And here's a gallery with a couple more pictures of David Tennant and Freema.
I know, it's tough. You've been wanting to watch Doctor Who for a long time now, but you figure it's pointless to try and get into a show that's been on for as long as this one has. Or maybe you're like me and just never cared about Doctor Who in the first place because you got into other shows like Carpenter What and Janitor How. Or maybe you just like to make up really lame jokes that play on the name "Doctor Who." That's not important, though. What is important is that the BBC has a Flash site where you can poke around and learn about the series, different episodes, characters, and other things to get you up to speed. There's a long history, but if you're interested in the show, it's worth checking out.
[via The Cartoonist]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.6 Photos: It's Halloween Time Again
- 'Gotham' Episode 6 Photos: Facing Demons of the Past
- 'Bones' Episode 10.5 Photos: Brennan Meets Her Rival
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Episode 10 Photos: Tyra Acts as Makeup Artist
- 'Reign' Episode 2.4 Photos: Let's Dance!
- More From BuddyTV
- Behind the Scenes as Kerry Washington Bares All
- Legendary Fashion Designer Oscar de la Renta Dead At 82
- A Timeline of Sex on Shonda Rhimes' Shows, From Polite Kissing to Full on Eiffel Towering
- Fred Savage on ‘Wonder Years' Famous First Kiss: ‘I Can't Imagine I Was Good'
- Julia Roberts, Honored For Work Against Bullying, Says She Was a ‘Shrinking Violet' in School
- More From ET