On a personal note, this was the end of an era for me, because it was Tennant who pulled me back into Doctor Who a couple of seasons ago. I had heard the new series was great, but didn't manage to catch Christopher Eccleston's incarnation. I have since gone back and watched his series, but I may not have had Tennant not been such a fantastic fit for the role (Brad also explained this in out Best TV of the '00s feature).
This is definitely a step in the right direction for the series, as Moffat's previous contributions to the show have been some of the greatest highlights. For example, that chilling episode "Blink" (the one that made it impossible for me to walk through a sculpture garden without looking over my shoulder every two seconds) was his masterpiece.
Here's the BBC press release, but it contains a spoiler if you don't know what happens to Freema's first character, Adeola. And here's a gallery with a couple more pictures of David Tennant and Freema.
I know, it's tough. You've been wanting to watch Doctor Who for a long time now, but you figure it's pointless to try and get into a show that's been on for as long as this one has. Or maybe you're like me and just never cared about Doctor Who in the first place because you got into other shows like Carpenter What and Janitor How. Or maybe you just like to make up really lame jokes that play on the name "Doctor Who." That's not important, though. What is important is that the BBC has a Flash site where you can poke around and learn about the series, different episodes, characters, and other things to get you up to speed. There's a long history, but if you're interested in the show, it's worth checking out.
[via The Cartoonist]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Extant Recap: The Unkindest Cut
- Sharknado 2: The 13 Best Worst Lines and 13 Fishiest Leaps of Logic
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: It's Just Emotions, Taking Me Over
- ABC's The Quest Mixes Fantasy and Reality (With Dragons on the Side)
- Scoop: Warren Kole Is 'Following' Kevin Williamson to CBS' Stalker
- More From TVLine
- Fox News Anchor Bob Beckel Calls 'Bachelorette' Andi Dorfman A 'Slut'
- Zooey Deschanel Tweets Star Studded Set Photo From 'Rock The Kasbah'
- Lily Allen Praises Miley Cyrus' Stage Skills Before Opening For Her On 'Bangerz' Tour
- Ireland Baldwin on Social Media: 'Instagram is Behind the Times'
- Vin Diesel Covers Sam Smith... And Yes, It's Everything.
- More From ET