March 9, 2014
dragonriders of pern
by Stephanie Earp, posted Jun 13th 2011 4:00PM
It would be easy to blame it all on 'Lost' -- our obsession with the supernatural, the insolvable mystery, the sense that things are not what they seem. Since the day day Jack Shephard first opened his eyes on that highly metaphorical island, television has been growing increasingly infested with science fiction, fantasy and supernatural tales, once the purview of cult shows and brilliant-but-canceled lists.
Add to that the rise of the vampire love story as standard fare for both teens and adults, and the emergence of two great ass-whooping heroines in Lisbeth Salander ('The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo') and Katniss Everdeen ('The Hunger Games'), and it's not hard to see what well the fall television slate is drawing from.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'True Detective' Season 1 crib sheet: All you need to know before the finale
- 'Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey': President Barack Obama to introduce FOX special
- Showtime's 'Gucci: The Director' gives a close-up view of Gucci creative director Frida Giannini's vision and life
- 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' Season 6 debuts on Netflix: Did the final season tie up all the loose ends?
- 'The Trip to Bountiful': Blair Underwood is caught between the love of two very different women
- More From Zap2it
- Louis C.K. Set for Saturday Night Live Encore
- Pilot News: Robert Patrick, Amy Sedaris and a Desperate Housewife Are Among Latest Castings
- Hot Video: In 24: Live Another Day, All Jack Must Stop Is a New 'World War'— Also: Is That…?!
- Pilot Scoop: Supernatural Spin-Off Gets a New Title, Casts Its Final Series Regular
- Ratings: Grimm, Enlisted and Undercover Boss Tick Up, Hannibal Falls
- More From TVLine