October 25, 2014
dragonriders of pern
by Stephanie Earp, posted Jun 13th 2011 4:00PM
It would be easy to blame it all on 'Lost' -- our obsession with the supernatural, the insolvable mystery, the sense that things are not what they seem. Since the day day Jack Shephard first opened his eyes on that highly metaphorical island, television has been growing increasingly infested with science fiction, fantasy and supernatural tales, once the purview of cult shows and brilliant-but-canceled lists.
Add to that the rise of the vampire love story as standard fare for both teens and adults, and the emergence of two great ass-whooping heroines in Lisbeth Salander ('The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo') and Katniss Everdeen ('The Hunger Games'), and it's not hard to see what well the fall television slate is drawing from.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.6 Photos: A Visit from April's Mom
- 'Constantine' Series Premiere Recap: John Constantine Makes a Big Entrance
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: One Team is Accused of Playing Dirty
- More From BuddyTV
- Constantine: Will You Go to Hell and Back for NBC's New Drama?
- Grimm Season 4 Premiere Recap: Trubel-ing Times
- ABC's Manhattan Love Story Is Fall TV Season's First Cancellation
- BSG's Tricia Helfer Suits Up as Harvey's Foe (and Lust Interest)
- The Originals Adds Everwood Alumna Debra Mooney as Werewolf Matriarch
- More From TVLine
- Renee Zellweger and 7 Other Stars Who Dramatically Changed Their Look
- One Direction Parties With Danny DeVito in ‘Steal My Girl' Music Video!
- Flashback: Before 'Honey Boo Boo' Got Famous
- Halle Berry vs. Britney Spears: Inside Look at Their Sexy Lingerie Lines
- Happy 30th Birthday Katy Perry! Watch Her Greatest ET Moments
- More From ET