With this particular final 4, you know that Rock Night is going to be interesting -- and they don't disappoint. Adam and Allison are definitely suited for this, while Kris and especially Danny have a bit of an uphill battle. Slash is the mentor, which sounds exciting, but we don't really see a whole lot of him. I have no idea if this is what actually happened or not, but we definitely get the impression that he didn't work with the contestants as much as some of the other mentors did.
Also this week we have something new: duets. Frankly, I thought the idea was going to be kind of a train wreck, but they turned out to be really interesting. Pairing Allison and Adam together makes sense, but it left the odd couple of Danny and Kris. It was really kind of hilarious, and I'm sad that they won't be able to do it again this season (unless they do it tomorrow during the results show), because it was a lot of fun.
Now... who would make an interesting pair? I wouldn't be surprised to see Nicollette Sheridan coupled with her fiance, Michael Bolton. How about Punky Brewster with Cyndi Lauper? And Johnny Fairplay with Macy Gray?
The series debuts August 29th. The celebrity pairs will be eliminated each week by judges and viewer votes.
As per the norm of FOX over the last few years, the fourth network (which has been around for almost, gasp, 20 years), will jump out of the starting gate earlier than the other networks with fall season premieres. This is done to give new and returning shows time to build up steam before Major League Baseball takes the stage in early October with playoffs and the World Series.
The new season will begin on Monday, August 21st with the second season premiere of Prison Break and the introduction of the new drama Vanished. On Wednesday, August 30th, Bones will enter its second season, along with new lawyer-drama Justice. Duets, the series that pairs singing stars with celebrities outside the music world, will have its 2-hour premiere a day later. House will step into its third season on Tuesday, September 5th.
The complete listing of premieres can be viewed at Zap2it.com. Save a copy of it, folks, because I'm sure the schedule will change during the first week of premieres, then again after the World Series, then again during the NFL post-season, and then once more when the juggernaut we know as American Idol premieres in January. By the time 2007 rolls around you may just see some of the shows now listed as entries in our 'Short-Lived Shows' category.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Two Dancers Will Leave the Top 6?
- Which 'Bachelor' Alum is Joining Season 20?
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Spoilers: Desperate Measures and a Surprise Wedding
- Kim Kardashian To Appear in 'Absolutely Fabulous' Movie
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Joe's Demise and the Epic Couple Swap
- More From BuddyTV
- President Obama Will Be Running Wild With Bear Grylls
- Graceland First Look: Is the New Lady in Jakes' Life an Angel... or a Devil?
- Miley Cyrus Flashes Bare Breast on Camera at MTV Video Music Awards
- More From TVLine
- Justin Timberlake Responds to Kanye West's Big MTV VMAs Diss
- Justin Bieber Hooks Up With Model Xenia Deli in Sexy 'What Do You Mean?' Music Video
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in Rapper's PDA-Filled 'Stimulated' Music Video
- Rob Kardashian Appears Thinner In First New Selfie Shared in Years
- Rachel Bilson, Melinda Clarke & Kelly Rowan Have Epic 'O.C.' Reunion at Unofficial Musical Debut!
- More From ET