From a marketing point of view, this was probably just what the Streisand camp wanted. On Tuesday, April 28, Sony is releasing a 3-DVD set of Barbra TV concerts, including the full, two-hour-plus version of Streisand Live 2006. So in many ways, the CBS special was an extended preview, an infomercial, a nibble that would make you want to buy the DVD.
To enter, leave a comment below before 5:00PM Eastern, Friday, November 14 simply telling us why you'd like to own this DVD set. As always, we'll randomly choose one winner amongst the eligible entries. Some other details:
- To enter, leave a confirmed comment below stating why you'd like to own The Cosby Show 25th Anniversary DVD set.
- The comment must be left before November 14, 2008 at 5:00PM Eastern Time.
- You may enter only once.
- One winner will be selected in a random drawing.
- One winner will receive The Cosby Show 25th Anniversary DVD set (valued at $124.98).
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
It's still amazing to think that ABC had a chance to put this show in their schedule and let it get away. Their loss is Lifetime's gain -- and they're feasting on it.
If you missed the first season of Army Wives, and didn't get into the show until the fifth episode -- like me -- then you'll be glad to know that Army Wives: The Complete First Season is now available on DVD. It's a great set, too, with some very nice bonus features and quality commentaries.
"Reserve lots of money for Christmas, 2008."
That's the word from HBO Home Video head Henry McGee, speaking at the DVD and Beyond industry conference. He's talking about a Sopranos complete set. TVShowsOnDVD.com verified the info with McGee, and says it will be an expensive set. Though I wonder what they mean by expensive, since TV fans are used to paying $150-300 for complete sets.
Maybe the set will have commentary by David Chase on that series finale, or maybe deleted scenes or other info that will give more closure (for you fans who need that). Or maybe they'll be more of that black scene, which Chase wanted to last 20 seconds longer than it did (HBO talked him out of it).
For our next giveaway, we're giving out five copies of the Kitchen Confidential Complete Series DVD set! We'll give one copy away to five randomly chosen commenters to this post. Just post a comment below stating your favorite episode of the entire series. We'll randomly choose five winning entries from all eligible comments.
Some basic rules and clarifications:
- To enter, leave a confirmed comment below stating what your favorite restaurant from a television show is. What restaurant you mention makes absolutely no difference, as long as it's one featured on TV.
- The comment must be left before May 25, 2007 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time.
- You can only enter once.
- The winning entry will be chosen completely at random.
And now we present you with the legalities of the contest. (Read them. Please.)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Episode 2.5 Photos: Who Can Asher Trust?
- ?Heroes Reborn?: The 15 Most Exciting Quotes from 'The Needs of the Many'
- 'Project Runway' Season 14: Ranking the Looks of ?Crew?s All In'
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 20 Moments of a Post-Elena Life from the Season 7 Premiere
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Brother in the Basement'
- More From BuddyTV
- HTGAWM EP on 'Shooting Night' Theories, Annalise/Wes Flirtation, Asher's Secret ('It's Bad')
- Arrow's Killer Mystery: Why Felicity, Diggle, Oliver's Kid or Any of 8 Others Will (and Won't) Be the One to Die
- Extant Cancelled at CBS
- How Did Arrow's Canary Suit Up So Fast? Is Quantico Hair Criminally Good? Where Are Grey's Kids? And More TV Qs
- Reign 'Shocker': Francis Dying in Season 3, EP Confirms
- More From TVLine
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies at 40 After Stroke
- Justin Bieber's Dad Is 'Proud' of His Son's Package
- Jimmy Fallon Says He Still Has No Feeling in His 'Jesus Finger'
- Taylor Swift's 50 Most Important Instagrams to Celebrate Her 50 Million Followers
- Taylor Swift on Losing at the GRAMMYs Last Year: I Cried, 'Got In-N-Out Burger and Ate a Lot'
- More From ET