dvdl high def
Good news for animation fans who are into that whole "high definition" thing. The September 26th HD-DVD release of The Adventures of Robin Hood, the 1938 classic featuring Errol Flynn in the titular role, will also include three Warner Bros. shorts in high def: "Robin Hood Daffy," "Katnip College," and "Rabbit Hood." It would be nice if they actually released HD-DVDs of these and other cartoons, but I guess we'll have to take what we can get for now. At least you'll be able to see Bugs' make-up and all of Daffy's plastic surgery scars. Apparently a Blu-Ray disc will hit stores sometime next year. To be honest, I'm rather indifferent to seeing these cartoons in high def. To me, seeing them in high def is like listening to an old jazz song on a CD. There's nothing wrong with it, per se, but that's not really how it was meant to be experienced. Of course, these cartoons were originally created for movie screens, so I guess anything other than that would be "incorrect" so to speak.
[via Cartoon Brew]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Agents of SHIELD' episode 10 'The Bridge' clip shows Mike Peterson in action
- 'Doctor Who' Christmas special photos: Wooden Cybermen and the Doctor is a wizard?
- 'Justified' Season 5: The Crowes are coming for Raylan
- 'Survivor's' 10 best and 5 worst seasons: How will 'Blood vs. Water' rank?
- TV ratings: 'The Sing-Off' returns to a higher note Monday, 'Christmas Light Fight' has decent start
- More From Zap2it
- Exclusive Sneak Peek: Bob Barker Marks His 90th Birthday With a Price Is Right First
- Ratings: The Voice Boosts The Sing-Off's Return, Almost Human Ticks Up But Sleepy Slips
- Castle Casts Frances Fisher as a Woman from Beckett's Fashion Model Past
- How I Met Your Mother Exclusive: Ashley Williams Brings Victoria Back For One Last Encore
- SCTV's Martin Short, Eugene Levy and Andrea Martin to Reunite in NBC's Working the Engels
- More From TVLine