This isn't a very good day for companies under the Fox banner. First Zsa Zsa's husband, and now this.
Veteran comedienne Carol Burnett is suing Twentieth-Century Fox because they used her animated "charwoman" character (the cleaning lady with the mop and bucket from The Carol Burnett Show) in an April, 2006 episode without her permission. She's asking for $2 million.
I think I have to start taking law classes or something, if these celebrity lawsuits keep coming at this pace. I think I remember this episode. It showed the charwoman as the maid at a porn shop. If the show can be sued for pop culture references like this, the lawsuits will never end, since the show has about 20 of them in every episode, and some aren't too flattering.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Empire Recap: Bang! Bang! There Goes His Heart!
- The Americans Season 3 Premiere Recap: Nyet Matrix
- Pilots: ABC Orders Flesh and Blood Thriller from Scandal/Grey's Vet
- Post Mortem: Suits Boss Talks Louis' (Unforgivable?) Actions, Donna's Sex Confession and Multiple S-Bombs
- Pilots: CBS Orders Bradley Cooper- Produced Limitless Drama, 2 Comedies
- More From TVLine
- Justin Bieber Addresses His 'Arrogant' Behavior in Emotional Video: 'I'm Not Who I Was'
- 'Empire' Episode 4 Recap: The Good, The Bad, and The Cookie
- Amanda Peet Thought 'Game of Thrones' Was Going to Be a 'Terrible Idea'
- Star Shots: What's On Instagram?
- North West Flushed Kanye's Cell Phone Down the Toilet
- More From ET