This isn't a very good day for companies under the Fox banner. First Zsa Zsa's husband, and now this.
Veteran comedienne Carol Burnett is suing Twentieth-Century Fox because they used her animated "charwoman" character (the cleaning lady with the mop and bucket from The Carol Burnett Show) in an April, 2006 episode without her permission. She's asking for $2 million.
I think I have to start taking law classes or something, if these celebrity lawsuits keep coming at this pace. I think I remember this episode. It showed the charwoman as the maid at a porn shop. If the show can be sued for pop culture references like this, the lawsuits will never end, since the show has about 20 of them in every episode, and some aren't too flattering.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 12: Meet the Top 20 Dancers
- 'Teen Wolf': 15 Freaky and 2 Adorable Moments from 'Dreamcatcher'
- Casting Bits: 'Scandal' and 'Castle' Add Series Regulars, Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire' and More
- Is 'Teen Wolf' Trying to Replace Scott with Liam?
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Adds Jared Haibon for Season 2
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Game of Thrones Season 5 Breaks 20 Million-Viewer Barrier
- Bill Cosby Sitcoms Yanked from Centric, Bounce TV's Schedules
- X-Files: Mulder & Scully Are on the Case in the Revival's Fleeting First Footage
- TVLine Items: New I Am Cait Teaser, @Midnight Renewed and More
- More From TVLine
- Meg Ryan Looks Gorgeous in Rare Public Appearance
- EXCLUSIVE: Ben Affleck Flies to Atlanta, Where Jennifer Garner Is Filming
- Taylor Swift Breaks Another Record With 'Blank Space' Video
- Paula Deen in Hot Water for Posting Brownface Photo on Twitter
- Watch Ariana Grande Lick Donuts She Didn't Buy, Then Kiss Her Backup Dancer
- More From ET