This isn't a very good day for companies under the Fox banner. First Zsa Zsa's husband, and now this.
Veteran comedienne Carol Burnett is suing Twentieth-Century Fox because they used her animated "charwoman" character (the cleaning lady with the mop and bucket from The Carol Burnett Show) in an April, 2006 episode without her permission. She's asking for $2 million.
I think I have to start taking law classes or something, if these celebrity lawsuits keep coming at this pace. I think I remember this episode. It showed the charwoman as the maid at a porn shop. If the show can be sued for pop culture references like this, the lawsuits will never end, since the show has about 20 of them in every episode, and some aren't too flattering.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.18 Photos: Elena Reevaluates Her Vampire Life
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.17 Photos: Sam and Cas Investigate the Mark of Cain
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.19 Photos: Everyone Observes a Big Surgery
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Psychic in the Soup'
- Masi Oka Returns as Hiro in 'Heroes Reborn'
- More From BuddyTV
- New Girl Sneak Peek: Jess Makes Sweet Music With NFL Star JJ Watt
- John Noble Recalls His Time on Fringe, 24, Sleepy Hollow and More
- Heroes Reborn: Masi Oka to Return as Hiro! Plus, Premiere Date Scoop
- TVLine Items: School of Rock Casts Its Class, NBC's First Date and More
- Walking Dead Spinoff Title Revealed
- More From TVLine
- Vanessa Hudgens, Beyonce & More with Must-Have Accessory Trends
- Is Little Big Town's 'Girl Crush' Really That Controversial? No, and Here's Why
- Star Sightings March 2015
- This Husky Standing Up For Itself Is The Most Adorable Thing Ever
- Zooey Deschanel Admits She's Having Trouble with Her Pregnancy Diet
- More From ET