This isn't a very good day for companies under the Fox banner. First Zsa Zsa's husband, and now this.
Veteran comedienne Carol Burnett is suing Twentieth-Century Fox because they used her animated "charwoman" character (the cleaning lady with the mop and bucket from The Carol Burnett Show) in an April, 2006 episode without her permission. She's asking for $2 million.
I think I have to start taking law classes or something, if these celebrity lawsuits keep coming at this pace. I think I remember this episode. It showed the charwoman as the maid at a porn shop. If the show can be sued for pop culture references like this, the lawsuits will never end, since the show has about 20 of them in every episode, and some aren't too flattering.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 11: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- 'Suits' Interview: Rick Hoffman Wishes 'the People of Pearson Specter Good Luck Dealing With Louis'
- The Best Zings from 'Big Brother 16'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 7 Premiere Photos: Jax Gets Out
- 'The Strain' Season 1 Episode Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Reckless Sneak Peek: Will Jamie Give Love a Second Chance?
- Ratings: SYTYCD and Talent Slip to New Lows, Extant Steady, Motive Rises
- Grey's Boss Shonda Rhimes Drops Bombshell: 'I'm Not Going to Say Derek and Meredith Are Never Breaking Up'
- Nashville's Rayna and Juliette Face the Future in New Season 3 Poster
- Julianne Hough Returning to DWTS… As a Fourth Judge — Yea or Nay?
- More From TVLine
- Chris Pratt Dresses Up as 'GOTG' Character for Children's Hospital Patients
- MTV VMAs 101: Everything You Need to Know About Sunday's Show
- EXCLUSIVE: The 'Revenge' Cast is Tipsy in These Hilarious Season 3 Bloopers!
- Tina Knowles Comments on Beyonce and Jay Z Split Rumors
- Lauryn Hill Dedicates 'Black Rage (Sketch)' to Ferguson
- More From ET