This isn't a very good day for companies under the Fox banner. First Zsa Zsa's husband, and now this.
Veteran comedienne Carol Burnett is suing Twentieth-Century Fox because they used her animated "charwoman" character (the cleaning lady with the mop and bucket from The Carol Burnett Show) in an April, 2006 episode without her permission. She's asking for $2 million.
I think I have to start taking law classes or something, if these celebrity lawsuits keep coming at this pace. I think I remember this episode. It showed the charwoman as the maid at a porn shop. If the show can be sued for pop culture references like this, the lawsuits will never end, since the show has about 20 of them in every episode, and some aren't too flattering.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 22 Episode 10 Photos: The Models Shoot a Music Video
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Brother in the Basement'
- Best 'Grey's Anatomy' Quotes from 'I Choose You'
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from ?Paris Is Burning?
- 'The Amazing Race' Leg 3 Prediction: Which Team Will Go Home Next?
- More From BuddyTV
- Pretty Little Liars @ NY Comic-Con: Season 6B Premiere Date, 'Ezria's Status, Hanna's 'Baby' and More Scoop
- Ratings: HTGAWM Slips Again, Hits Lows for Third Straight Week
- Rowan Blanchard Previews New Movie Invisible Sister — Plus: Watch a Clip
- Banshee's Final Season Gets Premiere Date
- Once Upon a Time Sneak Peek: Regina Makes an Eeeevil Promise to Zelena
- More From TVLine
- Celeb Moms Breastfeeding
- John Goodman Debuts Dramatic Weight Loss at London Premiere
- Selena Gomez on Being Fat Shamed: My Bikini Was 'a Little Too Small for Me, But I Didn't Care'
- Rumer Willis Recalls Her 'Awful' Audition for Blake Lively's 'Gossip Girl' Role
- Oprah Shares Thanksgiving Hosting Tips, Including a Cocktail Trick From John Travolta
- More From ET