This isn't a very good day for companies under the Fox banner. First Zsa Zsa's husband, and now this.
Veteran comedienne Carol Burnett is suing Twentieth-Century Fox because they used her animated "charwoman" character (the cleaning lady with the mop and bucket from The Carol Burnett Show) in an April, 2006 episode without her permission. She's asking for $2 million.
I think I have to start taking law classes or something, if these celebrity lawsuits keep coming at this pace. I think I remember this episode. It showed the charwoman as the maid at a porn shop. If the show can be sued for pop culture references like this, the lawsuits will never end, since the show has about 20 of them in every episode, and some aren't too flattering.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Vampire Diaries' Quotes from 'Fifty Shades of Grayson'
- 'American Horror Story: Coven': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Head'
- Best 'Arrow' Quotes from 'Three Ghosts'
- 'Nashville': 2 Jaw-Dropping and 12 Surprising Moments from 'Tomorrow Never Comes'
- 'Scandal' Fall Finale Recap: The Devil Came In
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Psych's' Top 10 theme episodes: Vote for your favorites
- 'Grimm' Season 3 fall finale spoilers: Bad Christmas and angry gators
- 'Friday the 13th: The Series' marathon: 5 favorite episodes
- 'The X Factor': Restless Road think Alex and Sierra will win
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kurt Sutter gets medieval pilot at FX with Brian Grazer
- More From Zap2it
- House of Cards Season 2 Trailer: 'No Mercy'
- Psych Exclusive: Shawn and Gus Take London By Bloody Storm in First Season 8 Promo
- Exclusive Once Upon a Time Sneak Peek: Peter Pan Teaches His 'Laddie' One Last Lesson
- What to Watch Friday: Haven and 4 Other Finales, Nikita's Big Decision, Five-0 Meets WWII and More
- Post Mortem: Scandal EP Breaks Down the Fall Finale's Big Twists — Including [Spoiler]'s Return
- More From TVLine