"It's very similar, and we did recover in an incredible way," Ono said of the aftermath of the war. "And I'm sure that we will too this time. I think it's a kind of challenge -- it's a very big challenge, nobody wants this kind of big challenge. Well, with a big challenge, I'm sure that some big, big beautiful results will happen."
Here's Sanchez during the Chile earthquake coverage a few days ago. Savor the moment when he actually yells at the expert he has brought on. I think Jacqui Jerras just wants to get off camera somehow and hide in her office.
Currently, ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN, BET, The CW, HBO, MTV, VH1, CMT, CNN International, National Geographic and MTV are aboard to air the event live. It will air at 8 p.m. ET, 5 p.m. PT, January 22.
Clooney will host from Los Angeles, and Haitian music star Wyclef Jean will take the mike from New York as co-host. CNN's Andersoon Cooper will offer special live reports from on the ground from the ground in devastated country.
I didn't hear about yesterday's earthquake from the usual sources, CNN or one of the major newspaper web sites. Nope, I heard about it on Twitter! Ah, the days of rapid communication. They're calling it TwitQuake, since everyone in the area of the quake made a note about it on their Twitter pages the moment it happened. It took CNN and Fox News a few minutes to catch up.
The quake made news on the blogs too, including Rich Sommers'. Rich plays Harry on Mad Men, and filming of the show was interrupted. Rich took the picture above showing cast and crew mingling outside the studio. The quake also interrupted things at the Big Brother house (probably a romp in the hot tub) and on Judge Judy (video!). The judge promptly told everyone to shut up because she knows more about earthquakes than anyone else. Sunset Tan also felt the 5.4 jolt but looked fantastic during it.
And if you were wondering, everyone at America's Best Dance Crew is safe.
(S01E08) Man, Eli got whupped this week! I'm not talking about a physical beating here...I mean something worse. On this week's episode of Eli Stone our main character got emotionally and metaphysically beat up. And, the wounds that those beatings created take a lot longer to heal than physical injuries. Hence, the reason why Eli had a bit of a meltdown this time around.
It was probably bound to happen sooner or later, for Eli is a man with much on his shoulders. First, he has that whole "prophet" thing going on. Then, he has this supposedly inoperable brain aneurysm that has refocused all of his daily activities. Finally, to top it off, he has not one, not two, but three women in his life that are causing him nothing but grief. Gosh, Eli has been pretty strong to get through all of that. But, he couldn't remain stoic for long. So, tonight he threw up his hands and gave up.
(S04E15) It's starting to feel very final isn't it? I'm really impressed with the way the series is wrapping itself up. Some of the cheese factor still exists (Seth getting help from the homeless folks again), but for the most part the characters and their paths are falling into place.
I think this may have been the first episode of The OC that took place entirely at night. As a result, the whole episode was lit in shades of dark and light blues. It reminded me a lot of a season one episode of CSI: NY.
Overall though, what the episode really emphasized for me is how far Ryan has come. This is probably the biggest tragedy that could have possibly occurred in Newport Beach and despite that, the group remained intact with Ryan right in the middle of it. Not bad for someone who came into their lives as an outsider.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 8 Girls Performance Rankings
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'The Lawn Chair'
- 'The Amazing Race' Leg 3 Prediction: Which Team Will Go Home?
- Kim Kardashian: 'I Have the Hairiest Forehead'
- [Video] 'Real Housewives of Orange County' Star Tamra Judge Leaks 'Sex Tape' with Husband
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Scandal, Elementary and Blacklist Slip; Grey's, Odd Couple and Bang Rise; American Crime Tops Hour
- Glee's New Recruit Talks Romancing Spencer, Singing Darren Criss''Rise'
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: Is Netflix Comedy as Resilient as Its Heroine?
- Scandal Recap: Olivia Defuses a Bad Situation, Fitz Seeks a New VP
- American Crime: Does ABC's Morally Gray Drama Hit Too Close to Home?
- More From TVLine
- Kelly Clarkson Denies Calling Miley Cyrus a 'Pitchy Stripper,' Admits to Dating Justin Guarini
- EXCLUSIVE: Julie Chen Gets Emotional Reading Her Grandfather's Obit on 'Who Do You Think You Are?'
- Kim Kardashian Says She Has Sex with Kanye West '500 Times a Day'
- John Mayer Says He's a 'Recovered Ego Addict'
- EXCLUSIVE: Ellen DeGeneres to Present Kerry Washington with GLAAD Award
- More From ET