April 18, 2015
by Joel Keller, posted Sep 15th 2010 5:35PM
If you read the interview with Tom Colicchio that I posted earlier today, you read what he thought about the two-round finale from Singapore that wraps up the show's seventh season. "Quite frankly with this finale, overall was better than any finale we've had," he told me.
It's hard to top the way the final four cheftestants -- Kevin Sbarga, Angelo Sosa, Ed Cotton and Kelly Liken -- stepped up in last week's episodes; Colicchio is still thinking about the banana fritters Ed made, and he had immunity. But during this week's season finale, Ed, Kevin and Angelo are going to be battling for the ultimate prize and the title of Top Chef.
It seems like a pretty good matchup, but it feels like one of the cheftestants is peaking at the right time. After the jump, I'll talk about the three finalists and handicap their chances to get the title.
by Joel Keller, posted Sep 15th 2010 10:00AM
The 'Top Chef' season finale is upon us, and, despite what many (including me) think has been a disappointing season, it looks like the cheftestants have finally decided to step it up and produce consistently good food.
"Quite frankly with this finale, overall was better than any finale we've had," executive producer and head judge Tom Colicchio told me on Monday. Yes, the final four this season -- now down to Angelo, Kevin and Ed with Kelly's elimination -- have impressed the usually impassive judge that much.
The lush Singapore location has helped, of course, and it seems that the prospect of one of the finalists getting sick (if you see the ads for the finale, you'll know who) did little to dampen his enthusiasm.
We talked about the unexpected events of the finale -- he didn't give much away -- and about Tom's general frustrations with how the audience perceives the judging process. He also dropped a hint or two about next season, which has been rumored to be an all-star year.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Exclusive Interview: Joel Courtney on What Makes CW's 'The Messengers' Different
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: The Race Turns Beastly in Africa
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 6.19 and 6.20 Photos: Damon, Elena and the Cure
- 'The Messengers' Premiere Recap: Angels Among Us
- 'Arrow': Our 10 Favorite Roy Harper Moments
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Last Man and Cristela Finales Tick Down, Messengers Opens Low
- Performer of the Week: Ming-Na Wen
- The Messengers: Do You Have Faith in The CW's New Supernatural Drama?
- American Idol: What Should the Top 6 Sing for 'Arena Anthems' Week?
- TVLine Items: Weeds Star Joins Preacher, Masters Kid Cast and More
- More From TVLine
- 'Anne of Green Gables' Actor Jonathan Crombie Dies at 48
- Ryan Reynolds Posts Adorable Throwback Pic
- Erin Andrews' NHL Player Boyfriend Arrested in Las Vegas
- Zayn Malik Thanks One Direction at Asian Awards: 'Four of the Best Guys I've Ever Met'
- David Beckham Insta-Bombs Son Brooklyn's Big Announcement
- More From ET