March 9, 2014
by Joel Keller, posted Sep 15th 2010 5:35PM
If you read the interview with Tom Colicchio that I posted earlier today, you read what he thought about the two-round finale from Singapore that wraps up the show's seventh season. "Quite frankly with this finale, overall was better than any finale we've had," he told me.
It's hard to top the way the final four cheftestants -- Kevin Sbarga, Angelo Sosa, Ed Cotton and Kelly Liken -- stepped up in last week's episodes; Colicchio is still thinking about the banana fritters Ed made, and he had immunity. But during this week's season finale, Ed, Kevin and Angelo are going to be battling for the ultimate prize and the title of Top Chef.
It seems like a pretty good matchup, but it feels like one of the cheftestants is peaking at the right time. After the jump, I'll talk about the three finalists and handicap their chances to get the title.
by Joel Keller, posted Sep 15th 2010 10:00AM
The 'Top Chef' season finale is upon us, and, despite what many (including me) think has been a disappointing season, it looks like the cheftestants have finally decided to step it up and produce consistently good food.
"Quite frankly with this finale, overall was better than any finale we've had," executive producer and head judge Tom Colicchio told me on Monday. Yes, the final four this season -- now down to Angelo, Kevin and Ed with Kelly's elimination -- have impressed the usually impassive judge that much.
The lush Singapore location has helped, of course, and it seems that the prospect of one of the finalists getting sick (if you see the ads for the finale, you'll know who) did little to dampen his enthusiasm.
We talked about the unexpected events of the finale -- he didn't give much away -- and about Tom's general frustrations with how the audience perceives the judging process. He also dropped a hint or two about next season, which has been rumored to be an all-star year.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 4 Episode Photos
- 'True Detective' Season 1 Finale Recap: Rust and Marty Bond Over Crazy
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Kenya Kills NeNe with Kindness
- 'Once Upon a Time' Mid-Season Premiere Recap: All Roads Lead to Storybrooke
- 'Resurrection' Review: A Mysterious and Intriguing Drama
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Cosmos' review: Neil deGrasse Tyson brings brilliant science, questionable history to the world
- 'Once Upon a Time' post mortem: Edward Kitsis, Adam Horowitz tease what's next
- 'Saturday Night Live': Louis C.K. to host for second time on March 29
- 'Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey': Neil deGrasse Tyson and Seth MacFarlane traverse time and space
- 'Anger Management': Charlie Sheen delays production by not showing up to set
- More From Zap2it