CBS News correspondent Lara Logan is reportedly telling friends she will not let the brutal beating and sexual assault she suffered in Egypt keep her from working.
Sources told TMZ that Logan, who is recovering at her Washington, D.C., home with her husband and two children, has vowed to return to work within weeks. One friend said, "She is going to be OK," and another noted that Logan has an "incredibly tough constitution."
Fox News Journalists Greg Palkot and Olaf Wiig Describe Brutal Beating During Egyptian Protests (VIDEO)
Appearing on 'America's Newsroom' (weekdays, 9AM ET on Fox News,) the two talked about what happened to them, and displayed their substantial injuries.
"I just kept pushing and pushing," Wiig said, explaining how he tried to escape after the pro-Mubarak mob descended upon him. "And the whole time you're getting pummeled. And you're still thinking to yourself, 'I'm OK, I just have to stay on my feet.' "
Both men suffered multiple wounds to their face and heads. Wiig was also stabbed in the leg, and his back is so bruised it looks "like a piece of modern art." One of the lacerations Palkot suffered on his head barely missed an artery.
After the men were treated at a hospital, they were accused of being Israeli spies, blindfolded, and driven to a warehouse, where security forces "played with" them and kept taking their pictures. Their harrowing ordeal finally ended when they were released to the ambassador of New Zealand, which is Wiig's home country.
Anderson Cooper and his CNN film crew were attacked Wednesday by supporters of embattled Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak while reporting on the mass protests in Egypt.
Speaking on 'American Morning' (weekdays, 6 AM ET on CNN), Cooper described how he and his crew were punched multiple times in the head after being descended upon by a pro-Mubarak mob:
"It was pandemonium, there was no control to it. Suddenly, a young man would come up, look at you, and punch you right in the face. The instinct is to try to punch back, or push back, but in a situation like that, you really can't because that just inflames the crowd more. So all we could do is walk as quickly as possible, stick together, and seek a safe location."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- '24 Hours on Earth' travels second-by-second through a virtual day
- 'The Little Couple': Bill takes Zoey to the doctor (and Jen stays home sick)
- 'Teen Wolf' Season 3 death: Which character dies in the final episodes?
- Dan Harmon and Mitch Hurwitz collaborating on new project
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 4: Sam has a reason to exist in Gilly
- More From Zap2it
- Once Upon a Time First Look: A Wicked Intro, Snow With a Bow, Sad Regina and More
- Exclusive Glee First Look: Kurt, Blaine and More Reunite in 100th Episode Promo Art
- Exclusive New Girl First Look: True Detective's Alexandra Daddario Gets a Warm Welcome…?
- TVLine Items: Tom Bergeron to Exit AFHV, Sarah Connor Vs. Syfy's Tentacles, Good Guest & More
- Pilot Scoop: Anna Camp Is Damaged Goods In Awkward Creator's ABC Comedy
- More From TVLine