CBS News correspondent Lara Logan is reportedly telling friends she will not let the brutal beating and sexual assault she suffered in Egypt keep her from working.
Sources told TMZ that Logan, who is recovering at her Washington, D.C., home with her husband and two children, has vowed to return to work within weeks. One friend said, "She is going to be OK," and another noted that Logan has an "incredibly tough constitution."
Fox News Journalists Greg Palkot and Olaf Wiig Describe Brutal Beating During Egyptian Protests (VIDEO)
Appearing on 'America's Newsroom' (weekdays, 9AM ET on Fox News,) the two talked about what happened to them, and displayed their substantial injuries.
"I just kept pushing and pushing," Wiig said, explaining how he tried to escape after the pro-Mubarak mob descended upon him. "And the whole time you're getting pummeled. And you're still thinking to yourself, 'I'm OK, I just have to stay on my feet.' "
Both men suffered multiple wounds to their face and heads. Wiig was also stabbed in the leg, and his back is so bruised it looks "like a piece of modern art." One of the lacerations Palkot suffered on his head barely missed an artery.
After the men were treated at a hospital, they were accused of being Israeli spies, blindfolded, and driven to a warehouse, where security forces "played with" them and kept taking their pictures. Their harrowing ordeal finally ended when they were released to the ambassador of New Zealand, which is Wiig's home country.
Anderson Cooper and his CNN film crew were attacked Wednesday by supporters of embattled Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak while reporting on the mass protests in Egypt.
Speaking on 'American Morning' (weekdays, 6 AM ET on CNN), Cooper described how he and his crew were punched multiple times in the head after being descended upon by a pro-Mubarak mob:
"It was pandemonium, there was no control to it. Suddenly, a young man would come up, look at you, and punch you right in the face. The instinct is to try to punch back, or push back, but in a situation like that, you really can't because that just inflames the crowd more. So all we could do is walk as quickly as possible, stick together, and seek a safe location."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Meet Blake Shelton's Team
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Meet Christina Aguilera's Team
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.13 Photos: Regina and Henry Seek Pinocchio's Help
- Meet the Cast of the CW's 'iZombie'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Mid-Season Premiere Recap: Unveiling the Inhumans
- More From BuddyTV
- The Voice Recap: Suspense & Disbelief
- Mindy Project Recap: A Nut, Busted
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Spring Premiere Recap: Oh, the Inhumanity!
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: I Must Confess
- Reality Check: Agony and Ecstasy of American Idol's Top 24! Plus: Should Voice Singers Show Their Tax Returns?
- More From TVLine