CBS News correspondent Lara Logan is reportedly telling friends she will not let the brutal beating and sexual assault she suffered in Egypt keep her from working.
Sources told TMZ that Logan, who is recovering at her Washington, D.C., home with her husband and two children, has vowed to return to work within weeks. One friend said, "She is going to be OK," and another noted that Logan has an "incredibly tough constitution."
Fox News Journalists Greg Palkot and Olaf Wiig Describe Brutal Beating During Egyptian Protests (VIDEO)
Appearing on 'America's Newsroom' (weekdays, 9AM ET on Fox News,) the two talked about what happened to them, and displayed their substantial injuries.
"I just kept pushing and pushing," Wiig said, explaining how he tried to escape after the pro-Mubarak mob descended upon him. "And the whole time you're getting pummeled. And you're still thinking to yourself, 'I'm OK, I just have to stay on my feet.' "
Both men suffered multiple wounds to their face and heads. Wiig was also stabbed in the leg, and his back is so bruised it looks "like a piece of modern art." One of the lacerations Palkot suffered on his head barely missed an artery.
After the men were treated at a hospital, they were accused of being Israeli spies, blindfolded, and driven to a warehouse, where security forces "played with" them and kept taking their pictures. Their harrowing ordeal finally ended when they were released to the ambassador of New Zealand, which is Wiig's home country.
Anderson Cooper and his CNN film crew were attacked Wednesday by supporters of embattled Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak while reporting on the mass protests in Egypt.
Speaking on 'American Morning' (weekdays, 6 AM ET on CNN), Cooper described how he and his crew were punched multiple times in the head after being descended upon by a pro-Mubarak mob:
"It was pandemonium, there was no control to it. Suddenly, a young man would come up, look at you, and punch you right in the face. The instinct is to try to punch back, or push back, but in a situation like that, you really can't because that just inflames the crowd more. So all we could do is walk as quickly as possible, stick together, and seek a safe location."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.2 Photos: NFL Star Tony Gonzalez Guest Stars
- 'The Strain' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won Part 2 of the Final HoH Competition?
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Epsode 6 Photos: The Art of the Hair Flip
- 'Big Brother 16' Clip Show Recap: The Final 3 Look Back at the Season
- More From BuddyTV
- Once Upon a Time Drafts Army Wives' Sally Pressman in Season 4
- TVLine's Performers of the Week (tie): Jenna Coleman and Tobias Menzies
- Summer TV's 26 Winners and Losers: True Blood, OITNB, Outlander and More
- NCIS Casts 24 Alum Marisol Nichols as a Blast from DiNozzo's Past
- The Blacklist Season 2 Trailer Teases Red Vs. Berlin Showdown
- More From TVLine
- Zoe Saldana Does a Pregnant Pole Dance
- Jennifer Lawrence Supports Chris Martin at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Luke Bryan Makes a Dying Teenager's Wish Come True
- 'Madam Secretary' Review: A Solid Start for Téa Leoni's Political Drama
- Exclusive Clip: Did 'Angels' Save Woman from Plane Disaster?
- More From ET