(S02E04) Sadness is nature's spankings. - Clay Puppington
Those of us who have been watching Moral Orel since the beginning know that the show is more complex than it appears on the surface. The inner tensions within his own family and the other grown ups in Moralton were hinted at in the first season and have come more into focus this season. I'm not a television writer, but I imagine trying to meld the funny and the emotional into an eleven-minute amalgam can't be easy, which is why I think the "slow reveal" approach has worked so well for Moral Orel. In this episode, when Orel finds out his mother might have another family, the scene doesn't feel like it was suddenly sprung on us out of nowhere, because Bloberta's unhappiness and detachment has been part of the show's subtext since it first aired a year ago.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Teen Wolf': 15 Times Lydia Martin Proved She Is Better Than You
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 12: Top 16 Performance Rankings
- 'Teen Wolf': 17 Unfortunate Moments from 'Strange Frequencies'
- 'Arrow' Season 4 Interview: John Barrowman on Malcolm's New Take on the League of Assassins
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: The Pack Executes a Dreadful Plan While Kira Tries to Save Herself
- More From BuddyTV
- American Horror Story: Darren Criss Eyeing Spooky Hotel Residency
- Revenge Spinoff Not Impossible, Says ABC Boss: 'It's a Wonderful Brand'
- Kelly Osbourne Sorry for Offensive Latino Comments on The View
- Quantico Boss Promises Terrorist Reveal By End of Season 1
- TVLine Items: Sneaky Pete Trailer, Jimmy Kimmel in NYC and More
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Teen Mom 2' Star Jenelle Evans Calls Off Engagement to Nathan Griffith
- Zayn Malik Ends Engagement With Perrie Edwards
- Here's the Epic Jon Stewart Takedown of Fox News You've Been Waiting 15 Years For
- Kelly Osbourne Apologizes After Remarks About Latinos: 'I Clean My Own F**king Toilets'
- Khloe Kardashian Goes Braless, Flaunts Her 'Revenge Body'
- More From ET