Recreating Yale professor Stanley Milgram's groundbreaking and disturbing psychological experiment from the 1960s -- which showed regular people inflicting pain on others because they were "just following orders" -- Roth came away with some fascinating insight into human nature, and a very matter-of-fact conclusion. "We haven't changed in 50 years, and I don't think we will," he said.
Here, Roth talks more about the nature of evil and why even Hitler shouldn't be completely faulted for his evil acts during the Holocaust. And speaking of Hitler, as the guy that killed Hitler (on-screen in 'Inglourious Basterds,' that is) does Roth think he has what some have dubbed "the evil gene"? He goes through a few tests himself in the special, all in the name of science and his own curiosity.
Keep reading for more on this fascinating study, and to find out which recent horror movie sequel "terrified" the master, leaving Roth and pal Marilyn Manson "squealing like teenage girls." (You're welcome.)
Anyway, actor and director Eli Roth appeared on 'Chelsea Lately' (weeknights, 11PM ET on E!). While he was on the show, Eli and Chelsea Handler discussed the topic of Mr. Roth's new girlfriend -- a woman by the name of Peaches Geldof. ... Chelsea confessed that merely based on the name, she had assumed that Peaches was a stripper when they met for the first time.
While at NYU, he was hired by a men's magazine to have "sex with people over a computer," said Roth. Armed with an 800-speed modem, "I would pretend to be a very sexy girl. There were ads in the magazine for me -- that for 50 cents a minute you could talk to me."
Roth had three personas: a 22-year-old bisexual French woman, an East Village slut or a divorcee pursuing a writing career. (You can guess which persona was least in demand.)
He also worked in film production as a stand-in, replacing an actor while lighting and camera crews set up the scene. The director (Martin Brest) saw him in action and promptly fired him. Is he bitter? "No, I hold no grudge because he made 'Gigli,' and that's really the greatest revenge," Roth joked.
According to Roth, he was stung approximately 200 times, and having the needles removed from his feet rivaled the kind of torture depicted in his 'Hostel' movies. However, Quentin Tarantino kindly provided him with a cure involving alcohol and other substances.
Watch the video after the jump.
As they have done with many shows, NBC plans to kick off the new season by showing a one-hour clip show. This will be followed by a two-hour season premiere. That's three hours of Heroes in one night. That's enough to cause a brain aneurysm for the more ardent Heroes fans.
(S01E09) Last week a reader by the name of Videophile posted a link in the comments to this YouTube video noting the similarities between it and Zach's film Die Hardly Working.
After watching the film, I tend to agree and encourage you to have a look for yourself.
I'm not accusing Zach of stealing from the SecretFunTime crew, but the video was posted on their site on May 1st and apparently, Zach only shot this film last week. Also, On The Lot didn't start airing until May 23rd which presumably means Zach could have seen the video before leaving to participate on the show. Just something to think about.
I apologize for the rampant conspiracy theorizing. I have to keep myself interested in this show somehow.
First of all, she's getting married to Kid Rock. The couple had been engaged once before, but apparently the on and off romance is finally on for good. Also, according to this CBS article, "Anderson was married to Motley Crüe drummer Tommy Lee on Feb. 19, 1995, and divorced Feb. 28, 1988." To those who doubt the intelligence of our lady Pammy, I ask you just how it was she was able to go back in time and divorce someone seven years before she even married them. Even Stephen Hawking hasn't been able to accomplish that.
Speaking of Tommy Lee, he refuses to sign copes of the sex tape he and Anderson made, because he's still upset about the fact that they were leaked. He says, "everybody assumes that it didn't really get stolen, that we put it out and made millions of dollars, like retarded geniuses. Who would do that?" Frankly, I think Lee is exaggerating just a tad, because the last I checked retarded genius don't make nearly that much money. I hired one for my nephew's birthday party, and it only cost me about fifty bucks for three hours, plus tips.
Lastly, Pam will be donning her red swimsuit once again for a cameo role in the upcoming Baywatch movie, which is being produced by horror director Eli Roth for some reason.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Summer Projects: What Are Your Favorite TV Stars Up To?
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 6?
- 'The 100' Season 3 Interview: Eliza Taylor Teases Clarke's 'Going to Be Losing Her Mind'
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Two Dancers Will Leave the Top 16?
- 'True Detective' Recap: Everyone's on the Run for Their Lives as a Detective Bites the Dust
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: American Crime Plot Scoop, Transparent Return Date & More
- CSI Finale Photos: Marg Helgenberger Shares 'Grillows' Reunion and More
- Sleepy Hollow Season 3: Hasta la Vista, Headless!
- Scoop: Carla Gugino Joins Showtime's Cameron Crowe Pilot Roadies, Replacing Christina Hendricks
- Legends of Tomorrow Casts Reckless Actor as Hawkman
- More From TVLine
- Failing to Realize The Lego Movie Was the Exception, Not the Rule, Hollywood Begins Developing a Pez Dispenser Movie
- Ronda Rousey to Star in Her Own Biopic: Will It Last Longer Than 34 Seconds?
- Wet Hot American Summer's Christopher Meloni on Humping the Fridge and Returning to ‘Gene' After 15 Years
- More from Vulture
- Beyonce Sparks More Pregnancy Rumors as She Covers Her Stomach in Flowy Dress
- Carrie Underwood Looks Incredible During Music Video Shoot Just 5 Months After Giving Birth
- Listen to 'Uptown Funk' as Performed by 280 Movies
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Heartbreaking Burial Service Asks for Prayers for Cissy Houston
- Rooster McConaughey -- Yes, Matthew's Brother -- Talks ‘West Texas Investors,' His Nickname & Donald Trump
- More From ET