September 23, 2014
by Debra McDuffee, posted Jan 6th 2009 11:02AM
Random House defines outrageous as highly unusual or unconventional; extravagant; remarkable. It's as though they've been watching TV, and wrote their definition to fit some of the crazy characters on television shows today.
Oh, don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining. I love these larger-than-life characters, played to perfection by the talented actors who grace these roles. Some fit in perfectly with their surroundings, others stand out like a sore thumb amongst castmates. One thing they all have in common, though, is that watching them is pure entertainment.
Patrick Jane (played by Simon Baker on The Mentalist)
Jane doesn't quite have the social graces to blend into society, and that's why I love him. The frumpy suits, the obnoxious antics, and the constant pushing of the envelope make for some good TV. From card counting in the casino to reading Lisbon's mind; hypnotizing suspects to making a sandwich in a victim's home, Jane's done it all. Unconventional, to say the least.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Who Does Nick Cannon Choose for His Ad Campaign?
- 'Reign' Season 2 Cast Portraits
- 'Big Brother 16' Final 3 Photo Booth Gallery
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2 Premiere Recap: The Search for Berlin Continues
- 'Under the Dome' Season 2 Finale Recap: Big Jim Goes on a Killing Spree
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Gotham Has Super Start But Sleepy Slips, Blacklist Returns Strong, Big Bang Still Huge, Voice Drops
- Scandal Video: Would Fitz Risk It All For 'One Woman'? (Spoiler: Yes!)
- New Girl Photos: Jess Gets a Glance at Her New Man's, Er, Shortcomings
- The Blacklist Season 2 Premiere Recap: Good Morning, Lord Baltimore
- Under the Dome Season 2 Finale Recap: Heeeere's Jimmy!
- More From TVLine