February 26, 2015
by Debra McDuffee, posted Jan 6th 2009 11:02AM
Random House defines outrageous as highly unusual or unconventional; extravagant; remarkable. It's as though they've been watching TV, and wrote their definition to fit some of the crazy characters on television shows today.
Oh, don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining. I love these larger-than-life characters, played to perfection by the talented actors who grace these roles. Some fit in perfectly with their surroundings, others stand out like a sore thumb amongst castmates. One thing they all have in common, though, is that watching them is pure entertainment.
Patrick Jane (played by Simon Baker on The Mentalist)
Jane doesn't quite have the social graces to blend into society, and that's why I love him. The frumpy suits, the obnoxious antics, and the constant pushing of the envelope make for some good TV. From card counting in the casino to reading Lisbon's mind; hypnotizing suspects to making a sandwich in a victim's home, Jane's done it all. Unconventional, to say the least.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.17 Photos: Caroline's Got a Gun
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.16 Photos: Natalie Brings David as Her Fourth of July Party Date
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.15 Photos: Will David Take Down the White House and OPA?
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 12 Guys Performance Rankings
- The CW Developing 'Arrow'/'Flash' Spin-Off with Brandon Routh and More
- More From BuddyTV
- Jennifer Lawrence's Pajama Pants: 11 Deeply Reflective Questions They Bring to Mind
- Kanye West Breaks Down in Tears When Discussing the Loss of His Friend
- Dierks Bentley, Miranda Lambert Break Out the '90s Gear for Cover Band Show
- Mark McGrath Is Still Alive: I Had Nothing to do With Lame Death Hoax
- USC Annenberg's Media Center Named for CBS' Leslie Moonves, Julie Chen
- More From ET