by Debra McDuffee, posted Jan 6th 2009 11:02AM
Random House defines outrageous as highly unusual or unconventional; extravagant; remarkable. It's as though they've been watching TV, and wrote their definition to fit some of the crazy characters on television shows today.
Oh, don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining. I love these larger-than-life characters, played to perfection by the talented actors who grace these roles. Some fit in perfectly with their surroundings, others stand out like a sore thumb amongst castmates. One thing they all have in common, though, is that watching them is pure entertainment.
Patrick Jane (played by Simon Baker on The Mentalist)
Jane doesn't quite have the social graces to blend into society, and that's why I love him. The frumpy suits, the obnoxious antics, and the constant pushing of the envelope make for some good TV. From card counting in the casino to reading Lisbon's mind; hypnotizing suspects to making a sandwich in a victim's home, Jane's done it all. Unconventional, to say the least.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 2014 Grammy noms: Miley Cyrus snubbed, Katy Perry and Sara Bareilles face off
- 'Nikita' recap: Birkhoff's secret past (and name) is revealed ... though is it too late?
- Grammys 2014: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis lead the nominations list
- 'Bones' recap: Did McKayla Maroney impress in 'The Spark in the Park'?
- 'Breaking the Faith': Meeting Mormons in Salt Lake City
- More From Zap2it
- Meet the Agents of NCIS: New Orleans — Plus a Few Off-the-Cuff Casting Suggestions
- Pilot News: Bunheads' Sutton Foster to Fudge the Numbers in TV Land Comedy Younger
- Exclusive First Look: Episodes Season 3 Promo Highlights Sean's Very Best Catch-Faces
- Scoop: Fox Cuts Dads Episode Order
- Low Winter Sun Sets at AMC, Low-Rated Drama Cancelled After One Season
- More From TVLine