August 29, 2015
by Debra McDuffee, posted Jan 6th 2009 11:02AM
Random House defines outrageous as highly unusual or unconventional; extravagant; remarkable. It's as though they've been watching TV, and wrote their definition to fit some of the crazy characters on television shows today.
Oh, don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining. I love these larger-than-life characters, played to perfection by the talented actors who grace these roles. Some fit in perfectly with their surroundings, others stand out like a sore thumb amongst castmates. One thing they all have in common, though, is that watching them is pure entertainment.
Patrick Jane (played by Simon Baker on The Mentalist)
Jane doesn't quite have the social graces to blend into society, and that's why I love him. The frumpy suits, the obnoxious antics, and the constant pushing of the envelope make for some good TV. From card counting in the casino to reading Lisbon's mind; hypnotizing suspects to making a sandwich in a victim's home, Jane's done it all. Unconventional, to say the least.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Alison Brie and Cast of Teachers Preview 'Shocking' TV Land Comedy
- Downton Abbey Trailer Tees Up Bittersweet Final Season
- Elementary Casts Shohreh Aghdashloo as Papa Holmes' Associate
- Blunt Talk Sneak Peek: Harry Chandler, Reluctant Porn Star?
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Frank Dillane
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: Khloe Kardashian Spills on Fireworks Fiasco at Boyfriend's Yacht Party: 'No One Would Just Take That Risk'
- 11 Most Daring Celebrity Swimsuit Moments of the Summer
- EXCLUSIVE: Kris Jenner Sets the Story Straight on Her Kids' Rumors — And Why She Fell Asleep on Kanye West!
- Josh Duggar's Sister Jessa Speaks at Southern Women's Show, Opens Up About Her Home Life
- One Direction's Liam Payne Turns 22! Look Back at 7 of His Hottest Moments
- More From ET