October 10, 2015
by Debra McDuffee, posted Jan 6th 2009 11:02AM
Random House defines outrageous as highly unusual or unconventional; extravagant; remarkable. It's as though they've been watching TV, and wrote their definition to fit some of the crazy characters on television shows today.
Oh, don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining. I love these larger-than-life characters, played to perfection by the talented actors who grace these roles. Some fit in perfectly with their surroundings, others stand out like a sore thumb amongst castmates. One thing they all have in common, though, is that watching them is pure entertainment.
Patrick Jane (played by Simon Baker on The Mentalist)
Jane doesn't quite have the social graces to blend into society, and that's why I love him. The frumpy suits, the obnoxious antics, and the constant pushing of the envelope make for some good TV. From card counting in the casino to reading Lisbon's mind; hypnotizing suspects to making a sandwich in a victim's home, Jane's done it all. Unconventional, to say the least.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Quantico' Episode 5 Photos: The Trainees Go Undercover for the First Time
- 'Scandal' Episode 5.4 Photos: Fixing Olivia's Image Problem
- 'ANTM' Recap: A Model Is Welcomed Back, Then Sent Packing Again
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: The Teams Become Gauchos in Argentina
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Episode 2.5 Photos: Who Can Asher Trust?
- More From BuddyTV
- Shia LaBeouf Arrested in Texas for Public Intoxication
- Why Vin Diesel Is Serious About Stunts
- Calista Flockhart Can't Get Over the 'Supergirl' Buzz
- Gigi Hadid and Mom Yolanda Foster Adorably Hold Hands While in NYC With Joe Jonas, Bella Hadid and The Weeknd
- Watch Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson 'Hit the Quan' in Flawless Dance Video
- More From ET