April 16, 2014
by Debra McDuffee, posted Jan 6th 2009 11:02AM
Random House defines outrageous as highly unusual or unconventional; extravagant; remarkable. It's as though they've been watching TV, and wrote their definition to fit some of the crazy characters on television shows today.
Oh, don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining. I love these larger-than-life characters, played to perfection by the talented actors who grace these roles. Some fit in perfectly with their surroundings, others stand out like a sore thumb amongst castmates. One thing they all have in common, though, is that watching them is pure entertainment.
Patrick Jane (played by Simon Baker on The Mentalist)
Jane doesn't quite have the social graces to blend into society, and that's why I love him. The frumpy suits, the obnoxious antics, and the constant pushing of the envelope make for some good TV. From card counting in the casino to reading Lisbon's mind; hypnotizing suspects to making a sandwich in a victim's home, Jane's done it all. Unconventional, to say the least.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Exclusive: Banshee Promotes 2 to Series Regular
- TVLine Items: Roswell Reunion, BMS' Kickstarter Campaign, a Kitchen Exclusive and More
- Ratings: S.H.I.E.L.D. Rises, NCIS, Originals, Supernatural Hit Lows, FX's Fargo Opens Quietly
- FX Renews The Americans For Season 3
- The 100′s Thomas McDonell Reveals Finn and Clarke's New 'Obstacle'— Plus: An Exclusive Clip
- More From TVLine
- Chloe Grace Moretz Faces Life-or-Death Decision in 'If I Stay' (VIDEO)
- Jenny McCarthy Drops Surprise Engagement News on 'The View'
- Robin Roberts: Doctor Told Me I Had Two Years to Live
- Is 'Here' Pharrell's New 'Happy'? (LISTEN)
- 'The View' to Unite all 11 Co-Hosts For the First Time Ever
- More From ET