May 4, 2015
by Debra McDuffee, posted Jan 6th 2009 11:02AM
Random House defines outrageous as highly unusual or unconventional; extravagant; remarkable. It's as though they've been watching TV, and wrote their definition to fit some of the crazy characters on television shows today.
Oh, don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining. I love these larger-than-life characters, played to perfection by the talented actors who grace these roles. Some fit in perfectly with their surroundings, others stand out like a sore thumb amongst castmates. One thing they all have in common, though, is that watching them is pure entertainment.
Patrick Jane (played by Simon Baker on The Mentalist)
Jane doesn't quite have the social graces to blend into society, and that's why I love him. The frumpy suits, the obnoxious antics, and the constant pushing of the envelope make for some good TV. From card counting in the casino to reading Lisbon's mind; hypnotizing suspects to making a sandwich in a victim's home, Jane's done it all. Unconventional, to say the least.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'Sons of the Harpy'
- 'Revenge' Recap: Who Helped Victoria Frame Amanda?
- 'Mad Men' Recap: A Bumpy Transition and a Surprising Departure
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: A Blast from the Past Helps Alicia Decide her Future
- 'Battle Creek' Recap: A Fugitive Stays One Step Ahead
- More From BuddyTV
- Sofia Vergara on Moving Into a House With Joe Manganiello: 'It's Been Crazy'
- J.K. Rowling Tells Fans She's 'Really Sorry' for Killing Off a 'Harry Potter' Character
- Spice Girls Reunite for David Beckham's 40th Birthday Along With Eva Longoria
- Prince Records Song About Freddie Gray and Unrest in Baltimore
- 'Walking Dead' Star Chad L. Coleman Apologizes for Subway Rant
- More From ET