emmet otters jug-band christmas
For lack of a better word or description, last night's show was weird and anti-climatic. At first, I was really excited about the contestants doing modern hits from the last 6 years, but then...nothing happened. I kept waiting for that one really great performance that would put the show into overdrive, but it never came.
First off, the show was cut down to a hour last night since there are only 10 contestants left. This made everything feel very rushed. It felt less like a national hit show and more like a filler before House came on. Secondly, all the judges were in agreement last night, and yet they were still fighting. Always weird. Thirdly, lack of time translated into lack of Seacrest zingers. Seacrest zingers are always the cheesiest of zings, and yet, I miss them when they're gone. It's like getting a dollar every year in your birthday card from Grandma. A dollar doesn't get you much (heck, it doesn't get you anything), but that first year when it's not in there...it burns. Finally, I think Kevin might have been eliminated prematurely. I'm convinced that if given the chance, he would have performed Britney Spears' "Toxic" and it would have been the best thing to happen to American Idol since Bobby sung the praises of the Copacabana.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Flash' Quotes from 'Grodd Lives'
- 2015 Critics' Choice TV Awards: 'Silicon Valley,' 'Veep,' 'Mom' and 4 More Lead Nominations
- Why 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' is Hurting ABC's 'Agents of SHIELD'
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' Prediction: Who Will Go Home in Week 11?
- 'American Idol' Predictions: Who Will Be in the Top 3?
- More From BuddyTV
- Once Upon a Time Bosses Tease Secret Finale Scene, Tackle 'End Date' Topic
- TVLine Items: Tim McGraw's TV Debut, TNT Delays Legends and More
- Pretty Little Liars Premiere Photos: Can Alison Help Her Friends EscApe?
- Grey's Anatomy Photos: Mer vs. Amelia, a New Face, and Catastrophe Strikes!
- Justified, Broad City, Empire, Mom, 24, Jane the Virgin, Transparent Lead the 2015 Critics Choice Nominations
- More From TVLine
- Oscar Isaac Talks ‘Moving' Moment at ‘Star Wars Celebration': ‘I Definitely Got Emotional'
- Inside the Belly of the Mayweather-Pacquiao Beast: Boxing, Beyonce and the Search for a Hero
- Natalie Portman Doesn't Care About Her Oscar: It's a 'False Idol'
- Bradley Cooper & Irina Shayk Are Totally On -- Spotted Making Out!
- 'DWTS' Couple Robert Herjavec and Kym Johnson Really Are 'Madly In Love'
- More From ET