While walking the streets of Manhattan, heading to the office early this morning, one of those giant open-air tour buses came flying by me as I crossed Sixth Avenue. Normally, since I see them everyday, I ignore them. But this one had a giant ad plastered across the side of it for Ed Begley Jr.'s green livin' reality show, and I couldn't help staring at it because it confused the hell outta me. Not because it's an inherently confusing ad, but because the fonts and text create an inherently confusing message.
Now, I'm no ad man, but am I the only one who sees the problem here?
U.S. Rep Jim Moran of Virginia recently sent letters to three major drug manufacturing companies (Pfizer, Eli Lily, and GlaxoSmithKline) asking them to "tone down" the nature and material of their erectile dysfunction ads on TV.
Moran's beef (ahem) with the companies are how they affect the children, stating, "Parents should be able to watch a football game with their kids without having to either mute the television or explain the side effects of a life enhancement drug." The issue seems to be a personal one for the representative. I mean with the television ads, not ED, although I can't say that with any certainty, or maybe I just don't want to.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- ?So You Think You Can Dance? Season 11: Top 16 Performance Rankings
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: Next Stop...Radio City Music Hall!
- 'Graceland' Recap: Paige Goes Through Hell
- 'Suits' Recap: Harvey (Sort of) Breaks a Sweat
- 'Extant' Recap: Spilling Secrets, Covert Experiments, and a Mysterious Party Crasher
- More From BuddyTV
- Extant Recap: Crappy Birthday to You
- Mircea Monroe, Aimee Garcia Join Michael Rosenbaum in TV Land Pilot
- Dominion's Roxanne McKee Teases Big Changes: 'Claire's Innocence Is Lost'
- New Girl Scoop: Jessica Biel Cast as Jess' New Nemesis
- Game Night Preview: 'What People Help Their Necks to Be Not Cold'?
- More From TVLine
- Jake Gyllenhaal Is SUPER Creepy In New 'Nightcrawler' Trailer
- Justin Bieber Teases 11 New Songs On Instagram
- One Direction Celebrates Four Years Of Making Fans Cry (In A Good Way)
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Baby North West Takes First Steps!
- Tom Hardy Gets Apocalyptic In This Amazing New 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Poster
- More From ET