While walking the streets of Manhattan, heading to the office early this morning, one of those giant open-air tour buses came flying by me as I crossed Sixth Avenue. Normally, since I see them everyday, I ignore them. But this one had a giant ad plastered across the side of it for Ed Begley Jr.'s green livin' reality show, and I couldn't help staring at it because it confused the hell outta me. Not because it's an inherently confusing ad, but because the fonts and text create an inherently confusing message.
Now, I'm no ad man, but am I the only one who sees the problem here?
U.S. Rep Jim Moran of Virginia recently sent letters to three major drug manufacturing companies (Pfizer, Eli Lily, and GlaxoSmithKline) asking them to "tone down" the nature and material of their erectile dysfunction ads on TV.
Moran's beef (ahem) with the companies are how they affect the children, stating, "Parents should be able to watch a football game with their kids without having to either mute the television or explain the side effects of a life enhancement drug." The issue seems to be a personal one for the representative. I mean with the television ads, not ED, although I can't say that with any certainty, or maybe I just don't want to.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Teams of 'The Amazing Race' Season 25
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 11: Top 4 Performance Rankings
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Interview: Paris Barclay Teases 'More Sad Days Than Happy Days' in Season 7
- 'True Blood' Series Finale: Why Sookie Made a Big Mistake
- 'The Flash' Preview: Flash Reunites with Arrow, Meets Weather Wizard
- More From BuddyTV
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Once, Walking Dead, The Mentalist, B99, Beast, Resurrection and More!
- Longmire Cancelled by A&E — Might Another Network Lasso the Drama?
- TVLine Items: Pretty Little DWTS Rumors, Ground Floor Scoop and More
- Frasier Vet David Hyde Pierce to Recur on Good Wife — As Alicia's [Spoiler]?
- It's Official: Bill Gedde Exits The View Ahead of Rosie O'Donnell's Return; Rachel Maddow EP Taking Over
- More From TVLine