While walking the streets of Manhattan, heading to the office early this morning, one of those giant open-air tour buses came flying by me as I crossed Sixth Avenue. Normally, since I see them everyday, I ignore them. But this one had a giant ad plastered across the side of it for Ed Begley Jr.'s green livin' reality show, and I couldn't help staring at it because it confused the hell outta me. Not because it's an inherently confusing ad, but because the fonts and text create an inherently confusing message.
Now, I'm no ad man, but am I the only one who sees the problem here?
U.S. Rep Jim Moran of Virginia recently sent letters to three major drug manufacturing companies (Pfizer, Eli Lily, and GlaxoSmithKline) asking them to "tone down" the nature and material of their erectile dysfunction ads on TV.
Moran's beef (ahem) with the companies are how they affect the children, stating, "Parents should be able to watch a football game with their kids without having to either mute the television or explain the side effects of a life enhancement drug." The issue seems to be a personal one for the representative. I mean with the television ads, not ED, although I can't say that with any certainty, or maybe I just don't want to.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'True Blood' Season 7: Ryan Kwanten says fan-favorite characters will die
- 'Cosmos': A 'stunning,''magical mystery tour' to revive popular science for the world
- 'Turn': Meet Jamie Bell's Abe Woodhull and more in new character posters
- 'Sherlock' Season 4: Steven Moffat, Mark Gatiss tease Moriarty's return, premiere date
- Katie Holmes cast to star in 'Dangerous Liaisons'-style pilot on ABC
- More From Zap2it
- HBO Reveals First Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Promo — Watch and Weigh In
- American Idol: What Should the Top 11 Sing for Movie Soundtrack Night?
- Veronica Mars Movie: Jason Dohring Answers the Burning Question – Is 'LoVe' Still in the Air?
- TVLine Items: Sharknado 2 Premiere Date, True Blood Promotion, Orphan Catch-Up and More
- Pilot News: Felicity Huffman Joins American Crime, John Corbett Returns to FX and More
- More From TVLine