Shepherd will play one of Stanton Infeld's (Malcolm McDowell) many ex-wives, Evanthia Steele, who is on trial for kidnapping a neglected dog. Series stars Mark Paul Gosselaar and Breckin Meyer will be her defense team.
The show will also welcome 'Ugly Betty''s Eric Mabius and Rick Rox. Mabius will play Rossi, a handsome prosecutor trying to take down dog-napper Steele and one-half of Jango & Rossi, the B-list version of dynamic duo Franklin & Bash. Fox will play Andre, a professional tennis player called in to testify in the dog-napping case.
In other casting news ...
The 'Country Strong' actress confirmed the news to 'Access Hollywood.' Paltrow first appeared on the hit Fox series in November as substitute teacher Holly Holiday. She sang a few numbers with the cast, including Cee Lo Green's 'Forget You.'
'Glee' will be back in February with new episodes following the Super Bowl. CBS News anchor Katie Couric will guest star.
No word on when Paltrow's character will return, though May sweeps is a good guess.
In other casting news ...
• Dane Cook will appear on 'Hawaii Five-0.' The comedian has been tapped to play Danno's (Scott Caan) brother. He'll appear in February. [Entertainment Weekly]
• Anthony Michael Hall is heading to ABC's 'No Ordinary Family.' The '80s film star will appear in February as a "force to be reckoned with." [TV Guide]
• 'ER' veteran Parminder Nagra has joined the cast of Fox's 'Alcatraz.' Nagra will play Lucy, a lab technician. The J.J. Abrams project has also added Robert Forster as Ray Archer, a retired detective who now owns a cop hangout bar. [Deadline Hollywood]
Casting News: Michael J. Fox Will Return to 'The Good Wife,' 'True Blood' Adds New Series Regulars and More
"As soon as we saw the dailies of Michael playing Louis Canning, we started pleading with him to return," creators and executive producers Robert and Michelle King told EW. "Luckily he agreed. He's amazing in this role: unpretentiously brave and funny. It's good to have him back."
Fox played Canning in 'Poisoned Pill,' the sixth episode of the CBS drama's second season. Look for him in episode 13, competing with Alicia (Julianna Margulies) to reach homeowners for a class-action lawsuit.
In other casting news ...
• Eric Mabius is heading to NBC's 'Chase.' The 'Ugly Betty' veteran will play Justin Tate, a former cop who has become a fugitive and uses his law enforcement knowledge to prey on innocents. [Entertainment Weekly]
• Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban were confirmed as two of the guests on Oprah's upcoming Sydney shows. The Australian episodes will be filmed on Dec. 14, and will also feature Hugh Jackman and wife Deborah Lee Furness, Baz Luhrmann and wife Catherine Martin, Cate Blanchett and Jon Bon Jovi. [The Hollywood Reporter]
• Mariana Klaveno, Lorena on 'True Blood,' will guest star on 'Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior.' Klaveno will play Veronica, a spotlight-loving woman who is quite good an manipulating men. [Movieline]
According to Deadline, Mabius has been tapped to star in a high-profile new drama series for the UK's main broadcasting channel, BBC One, where dramas such as 'Doctor Who,' 'Merlin' and the original 'Life on Mars' found popularity.
The new project is titled 'Outcasts,' a sci-fi series set in 2040 after a biological catastrophe wipes humanity from the face of the Earth, forcing 50,000 survivors to start a new colony on a life-supporting planet in a neighboring solar system. (Think Battlestar Galactica without the Cylons and with much posher accents.)
Watch the video after the jump.
Betty (America Ferrera) got off quite a few clever retorts of her own, and how could we not include her boss (and mate for life?) Daniel Meade (Eric Mabius), who often opened his mouth without thinking, to hilarious results. Or what about her always-fabulous nephew, Justin (Marc Indelicato)?
In honor of tomorrow night's series finale (10PM ET on ABC), we count down 20 of 'Ugly Betty's' best zingers.
I really loved the first season of Ugly Betty, and I continued to watch it into the second season, but somewhere along the line I just lost interest in it. It wasn't the cast, I think it was just that plots kept spiraling into directions I didn't think were interesting (or funny). But now that the show is ending I kinda feel bad about not watching it the last couple of seasons.
So I guess this is the part where we all list our predictions on how the show will end, who Betty will end up, what will happen to Mode, and all that. At least they know the show is ending and can plan a good final episode.
On last night's two-hour season finale of Ugly Betty, Henry came back to New York to warn everyone that there's a killer going around killing all of the wedding guests one by one. Well, no, but Christopher Gorham came back to possibly screw things up between Betty and Matt.
Was this a good season finale? Is the show as good as it used to be? Does it deserve to get another season (though it's moving to Friday nights next season, always a sign that it's on its way out)?
(S02E15) You can add "glamourtunity" and "preg-nasty" to the Ugly Betty lexicon. While this episode gave us some cute moments and clever dialogue, I felt like it was light on plot. Yes, we got Renee's storyline out of the way, but the rest of it was build-up to the season's bigger issues. I'm ready for things to start happening.
(S02E13) It might not have been an official season finale (a faux-nale?), but this week's Ugly Betty could be the last one we see for a very long time. I miss the show already. So many issues are up in the air! What will happen with the Henry-Betty-Gio triangle? Will Wili's baby scheme succeed? Is Ignacio ever going to get another storyline? For now, we'll either have to use our imaginations or content ourselves with the Season One DVD. I've never been big on fanfic, so I'm going with Option B.
(S02E12) Courtroom drama! Perfume that makes you crazy! Baby-making schemes! This week's Ugly Betty had all the telenovela angles covered. In the grand tradition of fictional court proceedings, Claire's murder trial was over and done with in a couple of days. Don't you love that about TV? There was even time to spare for Gio, Wili, and Christina. Good thing, too, because there's only one episode left. Better get your fill of Suzuki St. Pierre now, folks.
(S02E11) Many weeks ago (man, it's been a while since we've had a new episode) I shared my dream of a Dixie Carter-Vanessa Williams showdown. This week, Amanda visited a psychic played by another Designing Women cast member, the wonderful Annie Potts. So close! It's great to have Ugly Betty back, at least for now. The sad truth--that there are only two episodes left--is beginning to sink in. Who's panicking?
(S02E10) Even with her Mode days behind her, Wilhelmina had another Betty to contend with. The fabulous Betty White was on hand to take advantage of Wili's bad PR and contempt for the elderly. There were no St. Olaf stories, but it was still one of the funnest Ugly Betty episodes I've seen in a while! I mean, come on--Betty White and a paintball war? It's like Christmas came early!
(S02E09) Thanks to the Medusa X virus, Wilhelmina Slater nearly changed Mode and Ugly Betty forever. Wili's plans for Slater magazine didn't come to fruition this week, but something tells me that she won't stop trying to destroy Mode. While Wili was busy trying to get money from her father, Alexis, Daniel, and Betty were trying to honor their dead parents. I guess we all have different priorities around the holidays!
(S02E08) There have been a lot of sad episodes of Ugly Betty this season, and this week was no exception. Don't let the above photo fool you; the wacky antics were few and far between. For the most part, "I See Me, I.C.U." dealt with the fallout from the disastrous Meade-Slater wedding. Guest star Mo'Nique (as the cleverly named L'Amanda) did her best to lighten the mood, though.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 12: Top 18 Performance Rankings
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: Jason Gets Blindsided
- The Final Rose: Kaitlyn and Shawn's Fairytale Journey on 'The Bachelorette'
- Best 'Pretty Little Liars' Quotes from 'FrAmed'
- Casting Bits: Familiar Faces on 'Fuller House', Chris Browning Joins 'Supergirl' and More
- More From BuddyTV
- Graceland's Serinda Swan Weighs In on Paige Hate, Unsexiest Sex Scene Ever
- Anthony Geary to General Hospital Fans: JK About That Retirement!
- Mindy Project Season 4 Twist: Mindy to Wed Big Bang Theory's Raj?!
- The CW Eyeing Dark Little Women Adaptation From NCIS Star
- Degrassi's Top 17 Couples, Ranked: Eclare vs. Fimogen and More
- More From TVLine
- Salma Hayek: Racism in America Is the 'Big Elephant in the Room'
- Chris Pine Will Officially Play Wonder Woman's Love Interest!
- Miranda Lambert Says She's 'Been Living Off Caffeine & Sad Songs' After Divorce
- Did Gisele Bündchen Secretly Get Plastic Surgery in Paris?
- Rosie O'Donnell Draws From Her Real Life in 'The Fosters' Return
- More From ET