The wheels keep on turning for the Battlestar Galactica spin-off Caprica. Eric Stoltz is the latest addition to the cast. He'll be playing Daniel Graystone, wealthy computer engineer. Details are few and far between, of course, but so far we know that after a family tragedy he will use his knowledge of technology to forever change the future of Caprica. He's joined by Alessandra Toressani, who will play his daughter, Zoe. And if your mind just flashed to Stoltz in Killing Zoe, we're on the same page.
That news is given a bit more of a boost if you recall that Paula Malcomson has already been cast as Amanda Graystone, a surgeon described as "something of a double agent." Now, add that to the previously revealed bits that tell us the story takes place 50 years before Galactica and focuses on the creation of the Cylons. A picture starts to emerge.
For her part, Gilpin was terrific. Diane certainly had her issues, but considering what we know about Allison, I don't think anyone was expecting June Cleaver. The booze and the parenting with pills were a little disturbing, but in her own crazy way I got the feeling that she really was trying to do what she thought was best for Allison. While she seems to have avoided some of the mistakes Diane made, Allison does share that trait with her mother.
Obviously, this is the Allison show. I get that and we know going in that this world revolves around her. My one complaint with the episode was that while they went out of their way to get someone like Eric Stoltz, they didn't really use him a whole lot.
I was pretty happy with the episode overall, but I think it could have been that much better if something had been lost to make room for a little more of the creepy Sonny Troye. The roommate murder would have been a good place for it. We spent an awful lot of time with the wrong roommate. I would have even gone for getting to see Sonny's end of those phone conversations with Allison.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Marvel's Agent Carter Season 2 First Look: Who's the (New) Boss?
- Hand of God: 5 Things to Know About Amazon's Dark Look at Faith
- Ratings: Carmichael Rises, Extant Dips
- Bloodline Season 2: Birdman Actress Joins Cast as New Series Regular
- Mindy Project: Dr. Lahiri Defies Gravity, Gets Cheeky in Season 4 Posters
- More From TVLine
- Idris Elba Has the Perfect Response to Being Called 'Too Street' to Play James Bond
- Garth Brooks Records Star-Studded Remake of 'Friends in Low Places' With Jason Aldean, Keith Urban and More
- Haylie Duff Shares First Photos of Daughter Ryan Ava -- See the Adorable Pics!
- Tori Spelling Sues Benihana Over Burns Sustained After Falling on Grill
- Sofia Vergara Dresses Up as Ed O'Neill's Other TV Wife Peggy Bundy -- Who Wore the Wig Best?!
- More From ET