The idea behind the move is that you're already going to be hooked on Gossip Girl and Top Model by the time the other networks get around to premiering their fall shows, sometime around mid-to-late September. The season isn't the only thing the CW is starting early, however. Starting in November, they're also extending prime time, with original programming beginning at 6:30 on Sunday nights.
Check out CW's full premiere schedule after the jump.
According to L.A. Times' Tom O'Neil, this isn't really that far-fetched an occurrence. Tim Allen, at the height of his Home Improvement success, missed a chance for an Emmy nomination when somebody fumbled the ball. The next year, his paperwork was hand-delivered, accompanied by the University of Southern California marching band.
Romijn's omission -- on the surface -- looks like a mistake. Yes, it's true that her status on the show is going from series regular to recurring, but I don't believe she purposely kept her name out of the running to in some way act out in protest against the show. It makes no sense? How is she hurting Ugly Betty by not getting an Emmy nomination? No, this was a screw up, nothing more.
So, here's my five favorite sitcom dads, the ones I related to the most. That means I've excluded single dads and animated dads. That means Hank Hill, Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin and Fred Flintstone are ineligible for my list. Also, this is strictly sitcom pops.
The new show, Never Better, is being directed by Marc Buckland (My Name Is Earl, Ed) and centers on another family man, only in this incarnation, Damon is a guy who's struggling to be a good father and spouse despite his flaws and mistakes.
Tyra Banks, star hostess of America's Next Top Model, will be back for cycles 11 and 12. One Tree Hill will be back for a sixth season; and Gossip Girl will start season two. Women, that all important 18-34 demographic, are faithful viewers for these three shows.
Has 'Prison Break' become totally improbable? Far-fetched? Over-the-top? Yes, yes and yes. But its twists and turns really turn on the adrenaline (and are tame compared to Jack Bauer's life an hour later). Now that they've joined up with Kellerman and with an upcoming return by Patricia Wettig's President, the spring half of 'Break' promises to be one hell of a fun rollercoaster ride.
Welcome to Subtle Subtitles. For those of you who are uninitiated to the purpose of this feature, we're asking you to come up with your funniest quote or description for what's going on in the screen grab we choose for the week. Winners are announced in the following Friday's contest.
Last week's winners:
3rd place to Chris W: "Ya know.... It's really hard to kill you when you won't stop laughing."
2nd place to Bus: "As the zombies moved in for the kill thinking only of their desire to feast on human flesh, Randy remembered his training. Zombies can't see you if you're happy. But, as they devoured his flesh, Randy remembered that rule only applied to Martha Stewart."
1st place to Toby OB: "In a desperate bid to raise money for the beleaguered network, NBC hired undocumented workers to get enough 'Tickle Me Randy' life-size party dolls ready in time for Christmas."
This week, some scenes from Christmas episodes of How I Met Your Mother, Everybody Hates Chris and, of course, Letterman. Choose one or do all three! Two more after the jump.
From How I Met Your Mother:
(S02E08) Chris, quite rightly I believe, points out that Thanksgiving is one of the best holidays ever, because all you do the entire day is eat and sleep. Of course, that's only if you're not the one waking up with the chickens to prepare a feast for the entire family.
When I was growing up, we always had Thanksgiving at my grandparents' house, and grandma pretty much ruled the kitchen, not because it was expected of her, but because she wanted it that way. The kitchen was her domain, and most Thanksgivings it was just her and the other women, and sometimes me because I would get bored easily and want to do something to kill time.
- At 8, ABC has a new Wife Swap, followed by new episodes of The Bachelor and What About Brian.
- CBS has new episodes of How I Met Your Mother, The Class, Two and a Half Men, Old Christine, and CSI: Miami.
- NBC has a new Deal Or No Deal at 8, followed by new eps of Heroes and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.
- There's a new Prison Break on FOX at 8, then a repeat House.
- The CW has a new Everybody Hates Chris at 8, then new eps of All Of Us, Girlfriends, and The Game.
- A new episode of Lisa Williams: Life Among The Dead airs on Lifetime at 8, followed by the new suspense film Last Chance Cafe.
- Also at 8: GSN has a marathon of High Stakes Poker.
- At 9, Food Network has Thanksgiving Unwrapped, followed by The Secret Life Of...Thanksgiving.
- USA has a new Monday Night RAW at 9.
- BBC America has a new Vincent at 9.
- At 10, the debut of Murder By The Book on Court TV. First up: James Ellroy, who talks about the murder of his mother.
- At 7, ABC has a new America's Funniest Home Videos, followed by new episodes of Extreme Makeover, Desperate Housewives, and Brothers & Sisters.
- CBS has a new 60 Minutes at 7, followed by new episodes of The Amazing Race, Cold Case, and Without A Trace.
- NBC has a new Football Night In America, followed by the Steelers vs. the Chargers.
- FOX's lineup is Nanny 911 at 7, then The Rundown, since the Yankees lost last night (ha!)
- The CW has all new eps tonight, starting at 7: Everybody Hates Chris, All Of Us, Girlfriends, and The Game. Oh, there is a repeat after that, America's Next Top Model.
- Jimmy Buffett guests on a new Emeril Live, on the Food Network at 8. It's followed by a new Iron Chef America.
- TBS has a King of Queens marathon all night.
- At 10, HBO has a new episode of The Wire.
- Also at 10: Showtime has a new Dexter.
Hello. My name is Keith and I'm a spoiler junkie. This is Spoilers Anonymous, a weekly column here at TV Squad where we'll supply you with the dirt on some of the more popular shows on the air. We'll never put spoilers up here on the main page in order to help the reformed stay unspoiled. If you have anything to add to the group, feel free to step up and let yourself be heard, either with our tips form or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call and leave a message at 917-421-9477 (NY) - your anonymity is guaranteed, if you wish to remain as such.
This week: Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Battlestar Galactica, Everybody Hates Chris, Veronica Mars, Prison Break and The Office. (SPOILERS FOLLOW!)
The second season of Everybody Hates Chris kicks off on October 1 at 7pm. Here's a brief look at what you can expect in the season opener, "Everybody Hates Rejection," and no worries, I'm not going to give anything away.
First of all, Whoopi Goldberg guest stars as the family's new nosy next door neighbor, Louise, but you already knew that. Louise and Chris' mom Rochelle are at odds over how to deal with the escalating crime in the neighborhood while Chris finds himself attracted to Evette, a new girl at school who turns out not to be the angel he imagined her to be.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Sarah Palin Launches Online TV Network Called The 'Sarah Palin Channel'
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Cast Gets Creepy & Crazy In New Poster Series
- 'Lucy' Knocks Out 'Hercules' To Dominate The Weekend Box Office
- 6 Beyonce Pictures That Will Make You Want to Take A Break
- 22 People Hospitalized at Keith Urban Concert
- More From ET