Wizard Entertainment recently published an interview with Lost director-producer Jack Bender, who directed last week's episode "The Man From Tallahassee." Bender discusses the inspiration for the show's visual elements, and goes into detail about the filming of several popular episodes. The complete interview features tons of technical information, but here are the most relevant highlights:
- The Lost pilot was the most expensive television pilot ever made.
- Bender thinks that the show is more about the characters' internal "monsters" than the monsters that exist on the island.
Here's a few shows coming down the pike from PBS and National Geographic:
Tonight at 9 p.m. (but check listings) on PBS, "Hijacked" will be shown on American Experience. The film tells the story of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine whose members hijacked four commercial aircraft and commandeered a fifth in 1970 to attract attention to their cause. Six hundred people were taken hostage, four planes were blown up, but no one was killed. The documentary will explore both the parallels and differences between terrorism then and now.
(S03E04) Because I saw these first five episodes on DVD, I wasn't subject to spoilers of what was to come in the next episode. I really do feel for everyone who sat and watched the preview for this week, only to be disappointed to learn that Pegasus comes to the rescue. While, really, this was something that seemed pretty inevitable anyway, it was still a bummer to have it told to you ahead of time. And even then, the preview was referring to the decoy. But who the hell is it that decides what's good to show for a preview every week?
(S03E03) As many people made note of last week, the previews for this week's episode basically gave away the fact that Roslin lived through whatever happened during the end of the first episode, as the Cylon toasters approached the group of humans in firing squad form. But at the same time several of you were willing to believe that anything could have happened to cause her to live through such a thing.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Friends Reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow Reprise Their Roles on Kimmel
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: Who Should Win the Season 11 Title?
- Mindy Project Casts Shonda Rhimes (Yes, Shonda Rhimes) to Play [Spoiler]
- Arrow Recasts Oliver's Blade-Wielding Season 3 Mentor
- Mean Girls' Daniel Franzese Lands Looking Role — Who Will He Court?
- More From TVLine
- Enjoy Khloe Kardashian's Epic Pre-Kimye-Wedding Hangover
- Hello Kitty Revealed Not To Be A Cat and Apparently Nothing Is True Anymore
- Meet David Muir, the Man Taking Over ABC's 'World News'
- 'Project Runway''s Christian Siriano on His Much-Praised Emmy Designs
- A Winning Couple! Aaron Paul's Wife Reacts to Emmy Speech, Talks 'Kind Campaign'
- More From ET