CBS has been heavily promoting this new drama (if you watched The U.S. Open, it was teased approximately 2000 times), and we gave our quick first impressions several weeks ago, but here's a little more about the show.
Basically, it's The Day After: The TV Show. A loner (Skeet Ulrich) goes back to his small hometown in Kansas, just to stay for the day, to finish some business, when some sort of nuclear (?) explosion happens in the distance, perhaps Denver. The town is completely cut off from the outside world. They can't communicate with anyone. But what worries is that one of the kids in the town was talking to his parents on the phone when the blast occurred. They were in Atlanta, and a blast happened there too. Or did it?
As you can see in the picture, Woodruff now has a little hair on what was once a shaved head, where doctors performed several surgeries to save his life. (His wife is the blonde woman in the background) Woodruff told his colleagues that he was unconscious for 36 days after the explosion. He spent three months in the hospital and is now receiving out-patient rehabilitation at a New York clinic. Charlie Gibson has been named anchor of World News Tonight and Woodruff's future with ABC News is still uncertain.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Forever' Review: A Familiar Premise That Just Won't Die
- 'Scorpion' Review: An Average Drama with a Only Few Exciting Moments
- 'Gotham' Review: An Extremely Promising Fresh Take on The Dark Knight
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: Nikki Ferrell Quits Twitter After 'Couples Therapy,' Andi Dorfman Denies Break Up Rumors and More
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Kim's Leaked Nude Photo, Bruce's Spanx and More
- More From BuddyTV
- Video: How I Met Your Mother Stars Praise Series Finale, Express 'Relief'— Plus: Who Learned the Ending Last?
- Once Upon a Time: Dancin', Romancin' and 9 More Season Premiere Teasers
- The Good Wife Season 6 Premiere Recap: You've Got... Jail?
- The Strain Recap: A Lot of Munchers
- Madam Secretary: Will You Keep the CBS Drama in Office?
- More From TVLine