I'm kidding. Readers just love it when I mention that show.
I'm talking about the shows created by The TV Show Pitch Generator. Just click on the "Pitch It" button and it will randomly create a new show for you. Most of them are better than the stuff that's been announced for this fall. It's too bad they don't have an option where you can actually create the cast/plot yourself, but it's pretty fun. My favorites are after the jump.
Judd Apatow, who will forever be a hero to many TV viewers who loved the too short-lived NBC series Freaks and Geeks, is saying goodbye to television. But not before one final shot with the soon-to-be-released feature film The TV Set.
The movie stars David Duchovny as a series creator who butts heads with various studio executives (including Sigourney Weaver) who just don't get what he's trying to do with his TV show. And, yes, it's a version of what Apatow and The TV Set director Jake Kasdan went through when they worked on Freaks and Geeks.
Over at TV.com they're doing a special poll to see which new shows readers are most looking forward to. So what do you think is the #1 show?
Nope. It's Six Degrees.
All I can guess is that people with an interest in the show are clicking and clicking and clicking. Either that, or I completely underestimate the power of having J.J. Abrams' name on a project.
The other top shows on the list are 30 Rock, Ugly Betty, Studio 60, and Brothers and Sisters. Take a look and see what show got what numbers. And let us know in the comments below the one show you're most looking forward to.
For me, it's Studio 60.
[thanks to Jason]
Woods plays Sebastian Stark. That's Stark, not Shark. Don't call him "the Shark" he hates that, at least that's what he says, although there's evidence to the contrary too. Not unexpectedly, Stark is in love with himself, and has mad skills at getting the rich and famous off the hook. Shark the series has a "what-if" premise. What if a high-priced defense lawyer had a crisis of conscience and decided to become a prosecutor? (Slight spoilers after the jump.)
The Futon Critic has a really detailed list of all the returning shows, and what days they will be coming back. They have the premiere dates for fan favorites like Lost, House, and Family Guy, but also for cable shows like The 4400, 30 Days, and Monk.
This list also confirmed that there is a show on WE called Bridezillas, and that Breaking Bonaduce is coming back for another season. Amazing.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'The Gift'
- 'RHOBH' Star Kim Richards Leaves Rehab for Daughter's Wedding
- Britt Nilsson Still Dating 'Bachelorette' Suitor Brady Toops?
- 'RHOC' Star Vicki Gunvalson: 'I Don't Want to Look Like a Plastic Barbie Doll'
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Cersei Gets What She Deserves
- More From BuddyTV
- Once's Merlin, Empire's Own Iggy, Arrow's Darhk Foe and 26 More Homes for Stars of Cancelled Shows
- GoT Recap: Royally Screwed
- Anne Meara, Actress/Comedian and Half of Stiller & Meara, Dead at 85
- Quotes of the Week From The Flash, Late Show, Game of Thrones and More
- Sharon Osbourne on Hiatus from CBS' The Talk Due to 'Extreme Exhaustion'
- More From TVLine