According to the Hollywood Reporter, the newest batch of pickups finds ABC wed to two new dramas. One, 'Cutthroat,' is about an "ambitious single mother who finds running her own international drug cartel is perfect training for navigating the cutthroat world of Beverly Hills high society." Think 'Weeds' for the Prada set.
The alphabet net has also committed to a flashback-based show called 'Generation Y' that focuses on a group of present-day folks who wax sentimental about their senior year in high school.
But out of all the shows that are either debuting or returning, there are only a few that each of the Squadders are really looking forward to seeing. Which got us curious: what are you, our kind, generous, and creative readership, looking forward to seeing this fall? We'd like to know. If you feel like sharing, use the comments to leave your list of the new and returning shows that you're so eager to see return that it hurts. If you feel like leaving an explanation, all the better.
By the way, after the jump, you'll not only see the shows I'm looking forward to seeing, but a list of shows that we plan on covering this fall. If you list something in the comments that we don't have on our review list, we may just add it. Oh, and if you want to make a case for a show, you could always call in to our online radio show tomorrow at 10 and let us know why we should add it to our coverage.
But when I really thought about it, that's not even close to being true. Despite the fact that it's summer, there's more than enough quality programming that I'm sure I'll get sucked into some weekly habits at some point. So, after the jump, here's what I plan on watching:
Every year, the networks have their pilot season. Many of the shows don't make it and you never hear about them again. Some actually make it on the air and onto the fall schedules. The networks are going to announce their new fall schedules in May (and we'll complete coverage here, of course), but Buzzsugar has a sneak peek at some of the pilots that are competing for a slot on the nets.
But it's not your typical sneak peek, it's a quiz! They list the plots for ten shows. Some of them are real, some of them are fake. Can you tell which is which? My favorite plot descriptions, whether they're real or not, are the comedy about "two soda salesmen on a never ending business trip," and the drama about "a girl raised by a pack of wolves who goes to boarding school."
(When you're done, the answers are here.)
Entertainment Weekly's Dalton Ross gives his list for the best and worst pilots he's seen, and he doesn't really like Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. In fact, he calls it "underwhelming," and he's amazed by the "awfulness" of Amanda Peet.
In other observations, he calls Twenty Good Years "excruciating," Ugly Betty "mindless fun," and The Nine "the best new show."
I don't know, I really liked Studio 60's pilot. Do I think it's at West Wing or Sports Night level yet? No, of course not, it's just a pilot. But it's very good, and with Sorkin behind it and the great cast, I have really high hopes for it.
- Is Rosie going to be in a Nip/Tuck spin-off?
- Mos Def arrested for ad hoc performance outside VMAs.
- Ellen DeGeneres OK after car accident.
- Animator Ed Benedict dies.
- Here's the winner of Who Wants to be a Superhero.
- UK TV movie to portray fake Bush assassination.
- UK Office cast won't appear on US version after all.
- NBC switches slots of 30 Rock and Twenty Good Years.
- Who's the guy who crashed the VMAs?
- Lauren Graham to play herself on Studio 60.
- Trump fires Carolyn, hires daughter.
- GM drops sponsorship of Survivor.
- Joseph Stefano dead at 84.
- Glenn Ford dead at 90.
- Amy Poehler says she's still doing "Weekend Update."
- Has the Rock Star winner been leaked?
- Kyra Phillips of CNN goes to the bathroom with mic still on.
- NBC expresses regret for Emmy plane crash skit.
- Many people didn't like that sketch after Lexington plane crash.
- Jimmy Kimmel Live gets renewed for a fifth season.
- Vieira says The View has become a joke.
- Emmy Award results, tallied live by Bob.
- Who is this celebrity?
- The story of my conference call with Todd Bridges.
- Katie Couric gets electronically slimmed down by CBS.
- Here's a look at the Bones press kit.
- Here's a look at the Happy Hour press kit.
- Anna is ticked that she missed Pirates to watch the Emmys.
- What are the ten most outlandish series concepts?
- My review of the Diff'rent Strokes movie.
- Rich takes an early look at Happy Hour.
- Keith takes an early look at Heroes.
- I think Opie & Anthony did OK on Letterman.
- Bob takes an early look at Smith.
- Keith has an early review of BSG season 3.
- Mike C. looks at The Wire season 4.
- The Prisoner: "Once Upon a Time"
- Sports Night: "How are Things In Glocca Morra?"
- Seinfeld: "The Letter"
- The Simpsons: "Two Dozen and One Greyhounds"
- Angel: "Five by Five"
- Futurama: "Fry and the Slurm Factory"
- Big Brother: Two eliminations, a nomination, and a veto
- Project Runway: "High Flying Fashion"
- Blade: "Hunters"
- Rock Star: Supernova: Week 9 Elimination
- Justice: "Pilot"
- Bones: "The Titan on the Tracks"
- Eureka: "Blink"
- Rescue Me: "Beached" (season finale)
- Celebrity Duets: Premiere
- Kyle XY: "Endgame" (season finale)
- The Closer: "No Good Deed"
- Prison Break: "Otis"
- The Dead Zone: "The Hunting Party" (season finale)
- The 4400: "Fifty Fifty" (season finale)
- Entourage: "Sorry, Ari" (season finale)
- Deadwood: "Tell Him Something Pretty" (season finale)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Scandal' Season 3 Episode Photos
- 'The Following': 15 Shocking Moments from 'The Messenger'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 18 Official Photos: Celebrities with Their Partners
- 'The Bachelor: After the Final Rose' Recap: Is the Couple Still Together?
- 'Intelligence' Recap: A Paralyzing Agent Hits Too Close to Home
- More From BuddyTV
- Terry Crews: 'I'm game' for Marvel's 'Luke Cage' Netflix series
- 'The Following' Season 2, episode 8: Why was the big twist revealed before 'The Messenger' aired?
- 'Doctor Who': Is a major villain returning in Season 8?
- 'WWE Raw' March 10 recap: Daniel Bryan's #OccupyRAW gets him a 'Wrestlemania' match
- 'Star-Crossed' Season 1, episode 4 recap: 'And Left No Friendly Drop'
- More From Zap2it
- The Bachelor Finale: Who 'Won'? Why Was Juan Pablo Glum? And Who's the New Bachelorette?
- Teen Wolf Recap: 'Chaos Has Come Again'
- Do You Believe In NBC's Supernatural Drama?
- The Voice Recap: Maybe Just One More Try?
- Pilot News: Alana De La Garza, Gabourey Sidibe, American Dreams Dad Among Latest Castings
- More From TVLine