January 26, 2015
fall tv mid season report
by Stephanie Earp, posted Nov 1st 2011 11:47AM
It's always tempting at this time of year to look for patterns where perhaps none exist. With four confirmed cancellations ('Charlie's Angels,' 'The Playboy Club,' 'How to be a Gentleman' and 'Free Agents') and several on-the-bubble new shows ('Pan Am,' 'Prime Suspect,' 'Body of Proof'), the only real theme (besides being awful) is a tendency to take themselves too seriously. I do take some satisfaction from seeing all the nostalgia shows die an early death. Apparently the one thing 'The Playboy Club' team didn't look up about 'Mad Men' were the ratings -- a couple million viewers. It was also the only thing they were able to duplicate.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 2015 SAG Awards: Red Carpet Photos
- 'Sleepy Hollow': Can Katrina Be Trusted?
- Giveaway: Enter to Win 'The Originals: The Rise' Signed Copy and More!
- 'Supernatural' Video Interviews: Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki and Felicia Day Tease Charlie's Return
- 'Jane the Virgin' Interview: EP Jennie Urman Teases Baby's Birth, Bromance and Continued Love Triangle
- More From BuddyTV
- David Tennant Joins Jessica Jones Series as the Marvel Villain Kilgrave
- TVLine Items: Full House Reunion Video, DirecTV Premiere Dates & More
- Fox Developing X-Men TV Series: What/Who Should It Be About?
- Parks and Rec Sneak Peek: Andy Shows Off Johnny Karate's Serious Side
- Ratings: Miss Universe Hits 5-Year High; Galavant, Resurrection Finales Rise
- More From TVLine
- Emma Watson Cast as Belle in 'Beauty and The Beast': 7 Reasons She's Perfect!
- Kate Middleton Is the Latest Victim of a Photoshop Fail
- EXCLUSIVE 'Glee' Sneak Peek: Get Ready For Bad Blood and Elevator Escapades With Klaine!
- 'Full House' Cast Reunites, Performs the Theme Song!
- Nick Offerman Is Barely Recognizable Without His Mustache
- More From ET