What's interesting about it is, the bending-time-and-space A story, while fun to watch, turned out to be not much different than what we may have seen in the past. The B story was much more entertaining, and it gave us some insight to how the two currently active HIMYM relationships are going to run for the time being.
(S02E02) This week's episode wasn't as great for me as the premiere was in terms of story, but there was still some really nice character development. I mentioned last week how it was nice that Leslie was becoming more than a one-dimensional bumbling fool, and that continued this week. People are actually treating her as a person instead of just someone to mock.
Some of the best comedy in Parks and Recreation has come from Leslie and Tom's interaction. Aziz Ansari and Amy Poehler are the funniest people on the show by far, so every time they get together is golden. What was so great about this episode though, is it wasn't just Tom making fun of her. The stakeout gave them the opportunity to get to know each other as people, instead of just annoying co-workers.
Well, the results could have been even more positive, but you just know that can't happen in the world of Dunder Mifflin, not with the insecure Michael Scott running the branch and the seemingly clueless David Wallace in the executive offices.
This episode proves to me that Wallace is either a brilliant executive or the most patient sap I've ever seen in an executive position.
(S05E01) Fans of How I Met Your Mother had reason to worry that, with last season's ratings success, the funny little show that they'd been watching for four years would get away from what made it fun.
Fungible timelines, comedic head fakes, the burgeoning relationship between Barney and Robin, and Ted's eternal search for The One were all there last year, but the show's syndication-friendly embrace of more self-contained stories forced a lot of that into "subtle reference" territory. But the fourth season finale reassured fans that Bays and Thomas are going to continue to explore these issues, even as the show approaches its 100th episode and beyond.
The fifth season premiere does a good job of reinforcing this. Everything's there, including Indiana Jones' bullwhip. And it's funny, to boot. And as Bays and Thomas assured me, the location of the Mother revealed in the finale is reinforced... sorta.
Here's a taste of what to expect, courtesy of the Food Network.
Remember when the General Lee (or one of many versions) went up for auction on eBay recently and someone finally won the auction with a bid of $9,900,500?
Well, the person who made that bid, one William Fisher, has disappeared, along with the alleged $9,900,500 he was supposedly going to pay for the 1969 Dodge Charger owned by actor John Schneider (Bo Duke). The car itself was never used on the original series, but it did appear in the TV movie Dukes Go to Hollywood.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Heroes Reborn' Episode 4 Photos: Will the Heroes Prevail or be Stopped?
- 'The Flash' Cast Teases Fallout from Singularity in Season 2
- [Videos] 'NCIS' Sneak Peek: Does Tony Have Royal Blood in Him?
- 'Castle' Recap: Castle Tries to Win Beckett Back
- 'Blindspot' Recap: Jane's True Name is Revealed
- More From BuddyTV
- Grey's Anatomy Video: Jackson/April Marital Rift Turns Fatal Attraction-y as Divorce Is Threatened
- Twin Peaks: Peter Sarsgaard Joins Showtime Revival in Recurring Role
- Gotham's Cameron Monaghan Talks About Deadly Twist, His Animated Idol, Losing Sleep Over 'Joker' Role
- Castle Recap: The Mystery Of... What Does the Show Look Like Now?
- The Voice Recap: Even Country Girls Break the Rules
- More From TVLine
- 'iZombie' Scoop: 6 Appe-Teasers You Need to Devour Before Tuning Into Season 2!
- Kim Zolciak Says She'll Be Back to Perform on 'Dancing With the Stars' Finale
- Cate Blanchett Decided to Marry Her Husband After 3 Days Together
- 'Sister Wives' Star Meri Brown Admits She Was Tricked into Having an Online Relationship With a Woman
- 'The Flash': 9 Quick Teasers to Speed Through Before Season 2 Premieres!
- More From ET