Although, come to think of it ... I'm not even sure if Captain Kirk ever said "damn." One thing is for sure, I'd really like to see Spock bust out the f-word. Just once. You know he got fed up with McCoy at some point, broke all of his Vulcan training and cold logic and just let him have it. Plus, while we're on this rant, why didn't anyone ever tell Doctor Smith to shut the f*ck up on Lost in Space? The guy earned it, for sure.
Now we can get onto the real conspiracy: is Dilbert a Cylon? Maybe he's the only human left, and everyone around him is a Cylon. We may never know the true story.
It's good to have a date for the Stargate return, but i am among those that just doesn't get what Sci Fi is doing with their scheduling. TV Squad reader Mack pointed out that the new Atlantis episodes are already airing in other markets, and a quick check of some torrent sites reveals that they are out there to be had. I didn't like the long break in the season when they did it with Farscape, and I don't like it now. With the serial nature of these shows, big breaks just don't work. 24 got it right.
Executive Producer Brad Wright comments that they are "not big budget" which makes me think that they will be more or less prolonged episodes. But there's nothing wrong with that. The first of the two movies will tie up the current Ori storyline while the second is reported to be about time travel. The Gateworld article also mentions the possibility that the movies could be used as a launching pad for a third Stargate series.
(S10E05) The 200th episode of SG-1 had to be a party to make, because it's friggin' hilarious. Right after the little 'previously on stargate bit' (which worked better this time) meet the furlings... and they're wearing little furry costumes... Wait a minute. The crazy story lines start up right from the beginning.
As SG-1 reads scripts and discusses plots, we're treated to all sorts of possible story lines. The changes are usually pretty obvious, but they keep us on our toes with sneaky cuts from actual show to campy scenes. The whole episode total unadulterated fan service - I loved it.
- Beautiful People - First Season
- The Brak Show - Volume 2
- Farscape - Starburst Edition, Volume 11 (4.2)
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - Fourth Season
- Grounded For Life - Season Three
- Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County - Second Season
- Prison Break - Season One
- Sealab 2021 - Season Four
- The Wire - Season Three
Okay, this one is for the sci-fi geeks. There's a few "space" shows I've watched and enjoyed, but there's far more I haven't seen, so help me out and let me know what your favorite television spaceships are. Below are five television spacecrafts I wouldn't mind being beamed onto, as long as they gave me a laser gun to protect myself, and maybe a large bucket of deep-fried tribbles ( I hear they taste like shrimp). Let's cruise:
The USS Swinetrek: This was the pig-shaped spacecraft from one of my favorite Muppet Show segments, "Pigs in Space." I always found myself intrigued by the adventures of Link Hogthrob, Doctor Strangepork, and first mate Miss Piggy. The episode with Mark Hamill where he appears on the spaceship as Luke Skywalker and Miss Piggy won't let him leave until he "rescues" her is one of my all-time favorite Muppet episodes.
Some of my favorites:
- "I thought I was in love once, and then later I thought that maybe it was just an inner ear inbalance." - Fraser, Due South.
- "Never get caught in bed with a dead woman or a live man." - J.R., Dallas.
- "Ever since we said 'I do' there are so many things that we don't." - Lucy, I Love Lucy.
- "Sometimes the road less travelled is less travelled for a reason." - Jerry Seinfeld, Seinfeld.
- The Bob Newhart Show - The Complete 3rd Season
- Farscape - Starburst Edition - Volume 9 (3.3)
- In Living Color - Season 5
- The Merv Griffin Show - 40 of the Most Interesting People of Our Time
I was most compatible with Babylon 5 and Farscape, which I never watched. Probably because I'm comfortable with really weird-looking aliens. I think the reason I didn't get on board Serenity was because I wouldn't just follow a captain because he's the captain. And, I didn't get on the Nebuchadnezzar with Neo because I don't have stellar computer skills.
Here are my results:
So let me ask, flat out: Would you bring back Farscape - as it was when it left the air - if you knew the only way to do so was by canceling Stargate SG-1 (as the series is right now)? Which show would you pick to live?
I mean, sure, as Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell, Browder isn't fast-babbling as many pop-cultural references as he did on Farscape, and, as Vala, Claudia Black isn't quite as uptight as Aeryn Sun used to be, but their performances are very very similar to those characters. Stargate SG-1's new feel is rather Farscape-ish. All we need are a few muppets bouncing around the place having weird alien-sex to really complete the fusion of these two shows. Well, that and a really cool living space ship.
So, I want to know a few things from our wonderful TV Squad readership:
- Before this season, were you a Farscape fan, were you a Stargate SG-1 fan, or were you a fan of both?
- Do you like, love, or frelling hate this new quasi cross-over of the Farscape and Stargate universes?
Three years ago they cancelled fan favorite and critic lovechild Farscape because the parent company, Vivendi, was broke and had no money to fund the next season. They instead put the little money they did have in getting Stargate to move from pay cable, and it takes off, and reproduces in another watchable spinoff, Stargate: Atlantis. They weren't in a great place, but they were surviving pretty well.
Then NBC buys Vivendi and actually starts making things better, something even I never expected to happen.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Does Phaedra Fall for Apollo's Stunt?
- 'Glee' Episodes 6.3 and 6.4 Photos: A Love Triangle for Kurt
- 'Glee' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Everyone Comes Back to McKinley
- 10 Unforgettable Moments from 'The Amazing Race' Season 25
- Steroline: 9 Pivotal Moments of Stefan and Caroline's Relationship on 'The Vampire Diaries'
- More From BuddyTV
- 8 Christmas Cocktails That Are the Reason for the Season
- Khloe Kardashian Bashes Rumor She Booted Brother Rob Kardashian Out Of Her Home
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill's Estate Is on Sale for $18.5 Million
- Kourtney Kardashian Reveals Her Baby's Name
- Harry Styles and Kristen Wiig Dance Party After 'SNL' Performances
- More From ET