This week we learned that Earl does suffer from envy, but that karma can pack a mighy punch. Number 202 on Earl's list of past misdeeds was returning a wallet he stole in a gas station bathroom. For him, it was the motherlode--a thousand bucks that he, then-wife Joy, and brother Randy spent on a wild shopping spree at Jasper's, a mall inside a storage unit. After returning the merchandise, Earl tracks down the man (Jeff) whom he stole from, and finds out the money was earmarked for his honeymoon with his overly tanned wife. Although Earl has returned the money, Jeff can't easily take time off from work, so Earl decides to fill in for him at his job.
It turns out that Jeff works at a local fast food joint where cleanliness can be a bit "spotty." Plus, the restaurant's manager, Mr. Patrick, is not exactly the model boss. He is quite abusive to his employees, and Earl has to put up with his bullying ways in order to make it through the week. It's not easy for Earl--we see flashbacks of him punching out a number of his past bosses because he couldn't stand their management styles.
Mr. Patrick really lays it out on Earl, including making him eat a french fry covered in dirt. Earl's patience is wearing then, but he soldiers on. He keeps thinking that karma will one day get it's vengeance on Mr. Patrick, but the signs don't point in that direction.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: It's Just Emotions, Taking Me Over
- ABC's The Quest Mixes Fantasy and Reality (With Dragons on the Side)
- Scoop: Warren Kole Is 'Following' Kevin Williamson to CBS' Stalker
- Nashville Books Laura Benanti for Season 3 — Will She Clash With Rayna?
- Supernatural Season 10: Who's the Mystery Returning Guest Star?
- More From TVLine
- Zooey Deschanel Tweets Star Studded Set Photo From 'Rock The Kasbah'
- Lily Allen Praises Miley Cyrus' Stage Skills Before Opening For Her On 'Bangerz' Tour
- Ireland Baldwin on Social Media: 'Instagram is Behind the Times'
- Vin Diesel Covers Sam Smith... And Yes, It's Everything.
- 'The Bachelorette': Did Producers Tell Nick to Shame Andi?
- More From ET