From professional ghost hunters to people thrown into scary situations, read on to see our seven favorite freaky shows on TV right now.
Raimi with co-executive produce the eight-episodes of 13 with a renown reality producer, Jay Bienstock (Survivor and The Apprentice). Also attached is Robert Tapert, Sam's Ghost House Productions partner.
(S02E14) I don't think this episode had as many laugh-out-loud moments as other episodes, but what really struck me was how tenacious Chris is when it comes to his social situation. Clearly, no one at his school likes him, but Chris still makes an effort to be respected and fit in.
Most of the students want nothing to do with Chris because he's black, but it's also because Chris has no interest in going along with the group-think that's prevalent in most schools. There are essentially two ways to go for any adolescent: you can take the path of least resistance and do what everyone else does, or you can forge your own path and earn the respect of your peers that way. The famous adult Chris is obviously a product of the latter, but what Everybody Hates Chris shows is how difficult it can be to constantly swim against the current.
I said there weren't as many laugh-out-loud moments, but the montage showing Chris giving a beat down to anyone who disrespected his role as hall monitor almost had me on the floor. Chris eventually learns that "fear" and "respect" aren't the same thing, but even he would have to admit that giving his antagonists a taste of justice felt pretty damn good.
(S06E11) This episode has a great opening scene at Moe's. The gang decides to play a few pranks on Moe, so Lenny puts a cobra in the cash register that bites Moe several times and Barney hits Moe with a flame that shoots from a flower on his lapel. Moe actually laughs these pranks off, but when Homer unscrews the lid to the sugar and it gets on the bar, Moe gets so angry he bans Homer from the bar. As a final insult, he even takes Homer's favorite record out of the jukebox ("It's Rainin' Men").
Homer tries some other bars, and finally ends up at an all-female bar that doesn't seem quite right to him. Finally, he figures it out: "This lesbian bar doesn't have a fire exit!"'
You know you're living in a Bizarro World when Dwight wins Dunder Mifflin's salesman of the year award. He's feeling quite saucy, but when Michael informs him that he must make a speech at the company sales convention, his bravado turns into quivering fear. Michael, of course, takes some time to brag about his past accomplishments and his "penchant" for public speaking.
Michael decides to help Dwight with his public speaking, and in his own obnoxious way, tries to get Dwight to overcome his fear. His "examples" include making a bogus announcement to the staff that they've all gotten $1,000 bonuses. (It was funny watching the staff celebrate and seeing Stanley call his wife and deciding on buying something for their home.) Dwight tries to emulate Michael, but to no avail.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Criminal Minds': The 9 Moments Leading Up to the UnSub's Final Plan in 'The Witness'
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from the Season 11 Premiere
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Episode 3.3 Photos: Pandora Unleashes a Dangerous Artifact
- 'NCIS' Episode 13.4 Photos: Vance Returns to Field Duty
- 'Quantico' Episode 4 Photos: The Recruits Train for a Hostage Crisis
- More From BuddyTV
- Game of Thrones Casts New Red Priestess, But What Does It Mean?
- Ratings: Arrow Hits Best Premiere Number Since Series Launch
- Vampire Diaries Season 7: Meet the Heretics, Mystic Falls' Greatest Threat
- The Player Sneak Peek: Alex and Cassandra Are Runnin' and Gunnin'
- Nashville Recap: Sob Story
- More From TVLine
- 'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Talks Time Jumps, Mommy Issues & What's Next for Damon's Love Life!
- Taylor Swift Says She Texts Instead of Tweets After Online Feud With Nicki Minaj
- 'Vanderpump Rules' Star Stassi Schroeder Says Her Relationship With Lisa Vanderpump Will 'Never Be the Same'
- Liam Hemsworth Strips Down and Takes a Hot Shower After Surfing -- See the Pics!
- Star Sightings October 2015
- More From ET