A new column here at TV Squad, where we talk about all of the things you're missing when you hit fast forward on your DVRs.
I thought I'd kick off the very first Brought To You By...column by talking about yesterday's Super Bowl ads (apparently there was also a game of some sort played...). USA Today did their annual ranking of the best and worst of the ads, having a bunch of viewers watch the ads with meters and give an opinion on the good and the bad, and for some reason Bud got the top spot, the way they do every single year. It must be that the people who vote on these things like horses, wacky comedy, or they're all drunk (on Budweiser). The company got three of the top ten slots, and number one went to the spot where the dog trained the horse, accompanied by the Rocky theme. It's bad enough that Bud seems to win over viewers every year, but this dog/horse ad wasn't even the best of the Bud ads yesterday!
Anyway, I have my own thoughts on the best and worst, and I'll list them after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'iZombie' Series Premiere Photos: How to Live Like a Zombie
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 8 Guys Performance Rankings
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 20 Official Couples Photos
- 'American Crime' Review: ABC's New Gritty Drama Tackles Race and Social Class
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from Season 4 Finale
- More From BuddyTV
- Scandal: Dan Bucatinsky, Kate Burton Returning Later This Season
- Samantha Bee Exits The Daily Show to Headline Her Own TBS Series
- Glee Series Finale Photos: Klaine's Future, Rachel's Big Win and More
- Pilot News: Peter Gallagher Joins Fox's Collegiate Comedy Detour
- TVLine Items: FX Eyes Jenny Slate Show, Chev & Bev Adds Hellcat & More
- More From TVLine
- Kim Kardashian Debuts Platinum Blonde Hair
- Kim Zolciak's Waist Is Tinier Than Cinderella's Thanks to Waist Training
- Incredible Impressionist Performs 'Uptown Funk' Using 'Family Guy' Voices
- Rihanna Teases Another New Song on Instagram -- But Where are the Bangerz?
- 'Sex and the City' Creator Darren Star on Why the 'Up the Butt' Scene Changed the Game
- More From ET