Parker had a rather successful run in the movies too, appearing in such classics as 'Old Yeller,' 'The Kid From Left Field,' and the killer ants flick 'Them!,' which still freaks me out today. A lot of the films/shows that Parker appeared in were Disney films. He also starred in the short-lived TV version of 'Mr. Smith Goes To Washington' and episodes of 'Burke's Law' and 'The Alfred Hitchcock Hour.'
For the past several years, Parker had his own winery and wine label and hotel in Santa Barbara. After the jump, the theme songs to 'Davy Crockett' and 'Daniel Boone.'
The 85-year-old actor portrayed the famous character on both the big and small screen, with additional roles in TV's 'Daniel Boone,' from 1964-70, 'Old Yeller' and 'Westward Ho!'
Parker leaves behind his wife of 60 years and two children.
For more on the career of Fess Parker, visit PopEater.
On either August 25 or 26, depending on which of these links you want to believe, TV Land will be airing a Daniel Boone marathon, a series about the legendary frontiersman that aired in the late 60s and featured Fess Parker in the titular role. The series, apparently, is getting a two-week trial run during which it will replace the A-Team on the schedule. The A-Team will then return to the schedule on September 11. If you want to catch the show my advice to you would be to watch TV Land because I'm sure they'll mention it at some point. Their Web site sure as heck doesn't seem to have anything about it.
While the marathon news is somewhat vague, what I can tell you for certain is that the first and second seasons of the series will both be released on DVD September 26.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Summer Cookout: Recipes from Our Favorite Cooking Shows
- From Kelly to Candice: Ranking the 'American Idol' Winners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Rankings: Who Was the Baddest Character in Season 4?
- 'American Idol': Ranking the Winners' Coronation Songs
- 'How I Met Your Mother' Promotes Cristin Milioti to Series Regular
- More From BuddyTV
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2013: Ann and Nancy Wilson bring the Heart
- 'American Idol' runner-up Kree Harrison to make her Grand Ole Opry debut on June 4
- Mariah Carey did not lip-sync on 'American Idol,' according to her rep
- TV ratings: 'Nikita' finale rises slightly while 'Shark Tank' dominates a night of news and reruns
- More From Zap2it
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Doctor Is Out, Ben Affleck on SNL, Simpsons Finale and More
- Exclusive First Look: The Goodwin Games Cast Takes Part in a Violent Beatdown!
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Nikita's Maggie Q
- Exclusive First Look: AMC's New Showville Puts Spotlight on Townie Talent
- Mike & Molly Creator Steps Down as Showrunner
- More From TVLine