I took a little break from this column last week because in my other life – the one not spent glued to the tube – I help run a 5-day film festival in the smallish Canadian city where I live. Running a film festival is not unlike running film – there are actors, directors and producers on hand, a general sense of panic, long hours, and really good after-parties, and with luck a critically-praised result.
This was my first year working on the film fest and I expected to be way out of my depth when it came to conversation. After all, I'm a small screen kind of girl. I even slipped up while introducing a panel of filmmakers, talking about how their films had "aired" the night before. Apparently, films screen, only TV shows air.
If you love yourself some Simpsons and you're going to be in Los Angeles on March 15, be sure to get tickets to the William S. Paley Television Festival where James L. Brooks, Al Jean and Matt Groening will appear with some of the voice actors to talk about the 400th episode of the series and also screen a sneak preview of The Simpsons Movie.
The festival runs from March1 to 15 and will also feature tributes to American Idol, Heroes, The Office, Prison Break, Jericho, Ugly Betty, Brothers & Sisters, The Closer, Dexter and Nip/Tuck. This is the first time in twenty-four years that the festival has been dedicated solely to series that are still on the air. It's named after William S. Paley, founder of both the Museum of Television and Radio and CBS.
George Lucas will take part in a panel discussion and Q&A on March 3.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Episode 5B Photos: Justin and Mackenzie Get a Surprise Wedding
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Which Juror Returns and Who Is the Week 10 HoH?
- 'Project Runway' Recap: Metropolitan Mary Kay
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City' Reunion Part 3 Recap: Who Won the Battle of the Reunion?
- 'Mistresses' Recap: Joss and Calista Face Off in Prison
- More From BuddyTV
- Zendaya Shuts Down Twitter Trolls Who Called Her Parents Ugly
- Stars Share Pics of Their Cute Kids
- Rob Kardashian Posts Throwback Picture, Suggests Milkshakes Kicked Off His Weight Gain
- Susan Sarandon & Dr. Phil Fight to Save Richard Glossip From Death Row
- Snooki Explains Why She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Amid Ashley Madison Drama
- More From ET