...three Zachs for viewing.
Perhaps it's just coincidence, but right now our TV world has a trio of superb young actors in very different programs and they're all named Zach. Coincidence or the fact that the year they were born, Zachary was a really popular name for baby boys? Whatever, the bottom line is that Zach Braff, Zachary Levi, and Zachary Quinto are terrific and Scrubs, Chuck and Heroes, respectively, wouldn't be the same without them.
What's really interesting about these three Zachs, beside the fact that they all share the same first name, is that they could probably all play each other's roles -- even though it's hard to imagine Braff or Levi as evil, they're good enough to do it. And Zachary Quinto has done the nerdy, computer guy when he was on 24.
It's interesting, but if you squint a little and tilt your head, they all could look like they're brothers. However, while the Three Zs may pass as the Three Amigos if you put them in sombreros, they are definitely making the TV world a much happier landscape.
Without further ado, here is what I want for Festivus:
- Christina Hendricks and the rest of the Mad Men cast should guest-star on more shows. Ever since I started watching Mad Men, I've noticed Hendricks popping up places. She's on an episode of Without a Trace here, an old episode of Cold Case there... I love me some Joan Holloway and Mad Men isn't returning soon enough. I loved seeing Jon Hamm host SNL, and I'm super excited about his upcoming guest stint on 30 Rock. More please!
I was looking at my last two Festivus wish lists in an attempt to determine if any of my requests came true. Turns out, many of them did come to fruition -- something that I'm damn proud of. Sadly, a new sitcom for Dustin "Screech" Diamond did not materialize. Oh well, maybe that will occur sometime next season when, after coming out of a trance, the NBC executives realize they made a terrible mistake putting Jay Leno on at 10:00 pm and need something to fill the empty space.
Now, without further ado, let me put down the aluminum rod for a bit and talk about my Festivus wish list for the upcoming year.
This is a great opportunity to get a little Scrooge-y and vent about what I want to see corrected/improved/altered in TV in 2009. Is it wrong that I hope the bigwigs at the networks and cable companies are surfing the net and take my grievances to heart? Is it wrong that I still believe they care about what viewers think? Yeah, probably, but here's my wish list anyway:
When the rest of the shows-a-stinkin' take up the airwaves, there's always TV on DVD. So, really, is it asking too much to want more from TV for Festivus this year? Speaking as a completely selfish TV watcher, I think not. So with wild abandon, here are my Festivus wishes:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Horror Story: Coven': 17 Shocking Moments from 'The Sacred Taking'
- Best 'Arrow' Quotes from 'The Scientist'
- 'Arrow' Season 2 Fall Finale Photos: Roy in Trouble
- 'Nashville': 18 Surprising Moments from 'I'm Tired of Pretending'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 10.12 Photos: April's Wedding
- More From BuddyTV
- 'The Spoils of Babylon': Watch the fake making-of for IFC's miniseries
- 'Doctor Who': 'The Time of the Doctor' photos show epic Christmas adventure
- HBO's 'True Detective' poster is stylized and gorgeous
- 'Orange Is the New Black' and 'Breaking Bad' score in Writers Guild Awards nominations
- 'The Sound of Music Live's' Carrie Underwood: 'What did I get myself into?'
- More From Zap2it
- It's Official: Dianna Agron Returns to Glee
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Once, New Girl, H50, Haven, Arrow, S.H.I.E.L.D, Mentalist, Reign & More
- American Idol Exclusive Season 13 Promo Video: There Will Be Guitars
- TVLine Items: Heather Morris Returns for Glee's 100th, Southland Vet Cops Beast-ly Gig and More!
- Breaking Bad, Orange Is the New Black, House of Cards Lead 2014 WGA Nominations
- More From TVLine