I had heard rumblings here and there about a pilot for a sketch series from Mr. Show co-creator Bob Odenkirk called Next!, but the series was never picked up for a full season. According to Wikipedia, the show was created in 2002, and as you can tell from the clips below, it featured Odenkirk and some of his Mr. Show co-stars, including Jerry Minor (Lucky Louie) and Jay Johnston (The Sarah Silverman Program and Moral Orel).
The clips definitely have a Mr. Show-like vibe, especially the ad for a car dealership featuring Johnston as the inept brother of the owner (Odenkirk), and Minor singing a ballad to the American flag and its booty ("it's only Panama, baby").
Anyway, here's a small sample of what might have been (or what once was and then wasn't):
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Hell's Kitchen' Season Finale Recap: Which Chef Has What it Takes to Win?
- 'Glee' Season 6 Cast Photos
- 20 Best Performances from 'The Voice' Season 7
- 9 Unique Gifts Only 'Supernatural' Fans Will Understand
- 'The 100' Mid-Season Finale: Eliza Taylor Teases 5 Things about 'Spacewalker'
- More From BuddyTV
- Survivor: San Juan del Sur Finale: Did the Right Contestant Win Season 29?
- The 100 Post Mortem: Star Eliza Taylor Defends 'Brilliant,' Heartbreaking Twist
- Parenthood 100th Episode Photos Tease Big Reconciliation, Heartbreaking Tragedy
- Revenge Welcomes Suits' Gina Torres as a Shady Socialite in Season 4
- TVLine Items: JAG Vet to Scorpion, Amy Adams' SNL Promos and More
- More From TVLine
- 'The 100' Boss Explains Mid-Season Finale's Heartbreaking Death
- Will Charlie Sheen Return for the 'Two and a Half Men' Finale?
- The 16 Weirdest Celebrity Baby Names of 2014
- Flashback: Behind the Scenes of 'The Simpsons' First Season 25 Years Ago
- Kevin Bacon Explains the Origins of That 'Footloose' Viral Video
- More From ET