September 1, 2015
by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 26th 2010 1:05AM
(S04E16) "Whuck?!" - Liz's shortened version of "What the F**k?"
This was one of those episodes of '30 Rock' where the Jenna and Tracy plot (yes, they seem to have plots together 97% of the time) really dragged the show down. Every line seemed forced, every scene seemed to be filled with over the top wackiness, and the whole thing just felt like desperation filler, as if even the writers knew they're running out of ideas on how to get Jenna and Tracy and Kenneth into the plot. Even Kenneth recognized it and told Pete that he has problems with Jenna and Tracy so often he should come up with a word that means the same thing, "Trennapro."
That's funny and I'm sure '30 Rock' reviewers will use that word to describe a Jenna/Tracy plot, but the rest of it just made me sigh and cross my arms (except for a couple of lines Kenneth said telling his stories). I mean, I enjoyed the killer clown mask that Chris Parnell wore in the Dr. Pepper commercial at the end of the show. Why couldn't Dr. Spaceman have been one of the plots this week?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- NBC Eyes Modern Brides of Dracula Drama from Greg Berlanti, Glee Vet
- Report: Game of Thrones Snags Borgias Vet for Pivotal Season 6 Role
- Mindy Project Season 4 Photos: Meet the Lahiris (and Mindy's New Man)
- CBS, Gloria Allred Team for Legal Drama Inspired by Firebrand Attorney
- Girl Meets World Reels in Shark Tank's Mark Cuban for Season 2 Guest Spot
- More From TVLine
- How Ellen Page Taught Julianne Moore About the Pains of Being Closeted
- Khloe Kardashian Shares Shocking Waist Training Pic: 'Once You Try It You Will Become Obsessed!'
- Rachel Platten Sings 'Fight Song' With Inspiring 7-Year-Old Cancer Patient
- EXCLUSIVE: Behind-the-Scenes With the 'Code Black' Stars in Medical Boot Camp!
- Kanye West's VMA Speech Re-cut as a Stand-up Comedy Set Works Astonishingly Well
- More From ET