July 30, 2015
by Eliot Glazer, posted Jun 14th 2009 1:01PM
Once upon a time, Melanie Hutsell was on top of the world. And by "on top of the world," we mean she was on Saturday Night Live, doing characters whose signature dialogue quietly seeped into the mainstream conscious and were applauded on arrival by the studio audience. And then she vanished, only to become the butt of many a joke among SNL aficionados.
But we found her via
butter enthusiast Food Network superstar Paula Deen, who somehow got word that the actress and writer had moved on from the Delta Delta Delta sorority sister, Di, to impersonating Deen herself. In fact, Hutsell had been impersonating Deen for several years, "anywhere they would have [her], in theaters, churches, temples - you name it."
But we found her via
by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 5th 2009 8:17PM
Not really sure what to make of this cooking show that's coming to IFC, Food Party, which started on the web. I think host Thu Tran cooks various things (note the fake fire), but there's a dash of H.R. Pufnstuf and bizarre sketch humor too. In this clip she wants to make Caramel Pork Chops but realizes she's missing one key ingredient and has to make an emergency phone call.
[via The L.A. Times]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Teen Wolf': Why Stiles and Lydia are Perfect Together
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from 'Privilege'
- 'RHOA' Star Kandi Burruss on Her Baby's Name: 'We're Taking Suggestions'
- More From BuddyTV
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 3: Constance Zimmer to Clash With Coulson, Blair Underwood Returns
- Continuum's Final Season Gets Syfy Premiere Date — Watch the Trailer
- Daily Show Vet Wyatt Cenac to Lead TBS Comedy Pilot The Group
- Wet Hot American Summer EPs Talk 'De-Aging' Process, Season 2 Hopes
- Lucy Lawless Stages Xena Reunion With Renee O'Connor — See the Photo
- More From TVLine
- The Knick Gets an Official Return Date, Second Season Will Pass Through San Francisco
- Mariah Carey Doesn't Want You for Christmas Anymore; She Wants to Direct a Movie
- 1,000 People Covered Foo Fighters' ‘Learn to Fly,' and It's Pretty Cool, But Not As Cool As If They Had Played ‘Monkey Wrench'
- More from Vulture
- EXCLUSIVE: Valerie Harper In a Coma, Source Says
- 'Jessica Jones' Showrunner Teases a Super Suit for Krysten Ritter, Confirms 'Daredevil' Crossover
- Drake vs. Meek Mill & Nicki Minaj: A History of the Feud
- Ashlee Simpson at Hospital to Give Birth to Baby No. 2
- Julie Chen Looks Back at Her 'Big Brother' Fashions: 'There Have Been Many Mistakes'
- More From ET