by Eliot Glazer, posted Jun 14th 2009 1:01PM
Once upon a time, Melanie Hutsell was on top of the world. And by "on top of the world," we mean she was on Saturday Night Live, doing characters whose signature dialogue quietly seeped into the mainstream conscious and were applauded on arrival by the studio audience. And then she vanished, only to become the butt of many a joke among SNL aficionados.
But we found her via
butter enthusiast Food Network superstar Paula Deen, who somehow got word that the actress and writer had moved on from the Delta Delta Delta sorority sister, Di, to impersonating Deen herself. In fact, Hutsell had been impersonating Deen for several years, "anywhere they would have [her], in theaters, churches, temples - you name it."
But we found her via
by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 5th 2009 8:17PM
Not really sure what to make of this cooking show that's coming to IFC, Food Party, which started on the web. I think host Thu Tran cooks various things (note the fake fire), but there's a dash of H.R. Pufnstuf and bizarre sketch humor too. In this clip she wants to make Caramel Pork Chops but realizes she's missing one key ingredient and has to make an emergency phone call.
[via The L.A. Times]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sleepy Hollow' recap: A golem, a sin eater, and Ichabod Crane walk into a carnival
- Can 'Almost Human' make the leap from good to great?
- 'The Voice': Tessanne Chin talks 'therapeutic' semi-finals performance, brunch at Adam Levine's house
- 'Doctor Who': Steven Moffat says Matt Smith is final Doctor, what about Peter Capaldi?
- 'WWE RAW' Dec. 9: Daniel Bryan dominates the Slammy Awards and the show
- More From Zap2it
- SCTV's Martin Short, Eugene Levy and Andrea Martin to Reunite in NBC's Working the Engels
- Exclusive: Ray Wise Joins The Young and the Restless As a Blast From Nikki's Past
- What to Watch Tuesday: Sons of Anarchy and 3 Other Finales, a Chicago Fire Fight and More
- The Sing-Off Season 4 Premiere Recap: For Whom the A Capella Tolls
- Sleepy Hollow Fall Finale Recap: Six Thousand Little Ichabods
- More From TVLine