September 21, 2014
by Eliot Glazer, posted Jun 14th 2009 1:01PM
Once upon a time, Melanie Hutsell was on top of the world. And by "on top of the world," we mean she was on Saturday Night Live, doing characters whose signature dialogue quietly seeped into the mainstream conscious and were applauded on arrival by the studio audience. And then she vanished, only to become the butt of many a joke among SNL aficionados.
But we found her via
butter enthusiast Food Network superstar Paula Deen, who somehow got word that the actress and writer had moved on from the Delta Delta Delta sorority sister, Di, to impersonating Deen herself. In fact, Hutsell had been impersonating Deen for several years, "anywhere they would have [her], in theaters, churches, temples - you name it."
But we found her via
by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 5th 2009 8:17PM
Not really sure what to make of this cooking show that's coming to IFC, Food Party, which started on the web. I think host Thu Tran cooks various things (note the fake fire), but there's a dash of H.R. Pufnstuf and bizarre sketch humor too. In this clip she wants to make Caramel Pork Chops but realizes she's missing one key ingredient and has to make an emergency phone call.
[via The L.A. Times]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet The Master of 'The Strain': Robin Atkin Downes on How He Came Up with the Distinct Voice
- 'Madam Secretary' Review: A New Political Drama with Plenty of Potential
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.2 Photos: NFL Star Tony Gonzalez Guest Stars
- 'The Strain' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won Part 2 of the Final HoH Competition?
- More From BuddyTV
- True Detective: Colin Farrell Reportedly Confirms Season 2 Role
- Quotes of the Week from Girl Meets World, Sons of Anarchy, Mindy and More
- Can S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Brilliance Trump HYDRA's Magnificence? Lucy Lawless Previews the Season 2 Opener
- Outlander Post Mortem: Sam Heughan Bares All About the Wedding Night
- Outlander Recap: Virgin Territory
- More From TVLine