Whether it's 'The Barefoot Contessa' or 'Tyler's Ultimate,' there's a wide variety of food, cooking, chefs and experts on The Food Network. For the most part, the diversity is great and if you're a food fan -- a foodie -- you can watch FN for hours on end and be entertained. However, if you do watch for more than a few hours, especially the 'in the kitchen' programming which is all about creating dishes, there are some things that stand out -- five burning questions about the Food Network.
1. What's with the hygiene?
On nearly every cooking show, the food preparers -- whether they're an American Iron Chef like Bobby Flay or a restaurant owner/home cook like Paula Deen -- are obsessive about washing their hands. Any time they touch meat or chicken, there's a camera following them to the sink to wash hands with soap.
Actually, the concept is kind of like a Mythbusters for food. Ted will host the show and folks from Popular Science Magazine will provide the expertise. For instance, does an apple a day keep the doctor away? What about baked beans, do they really give you gas? If not, what's Beano going to do with all those commercials and product?
Are you a closet foodie? Can you whip up a five-course meal with only seven ingredients? If your doctor takes a blood sample does he (or she) find equal parts of blood and extra-virgin olive oil? Do you say 'Yum-O' a lot? If you fit into one or all of the categories mentioned above then future ruler of the world Rachael Ray is looking for you.
Ray, host of her own talk show as well as 30 Minute Meals, $40 a Day, Rachael's Tasty Travels, and five or six other shows I'm probably forgetting to mention, is starting a nationwide search to find a culinary savant who cooks and bakes for their family and church and not for the customers at their five-star restaurant. Rachael and the producers of her talk show will narrow the choices down to five promising cooks, who will be whisked away for two intense weeks of competitions and challenges to see who is really the best.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Falling Skies' Interviews: The Finale Is 'Pretty Wild' and 'It's Not an Unhappy Ending'
- [Video] 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Kicks Off with Wedding
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 6 Power of Veto?
- The Funniest Quotes from 'Big Brother 17' Week 5
- 'The Bachelorette' Where Are They Now?: A Relationship Status Update
- More From BuddyTV
- Quotes of the Week From Major Crimes, Hannibal, Masters of Sex and More!
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Big Bang, Arrow, Bates, Sleepy, Castle, Twin Peaks, UnREAL, Gotham, Dome and More
- Hannibal Recap: Stop Dragon Her Heart Around
- Downton Abbey Boss, Cast on Movie Hopes, Unexpected Season 6 Renewal
- Ratings: Descendants Makes a Bigger Splash Than Teen Beach 2
- More From TVLine
- Prince William & Queen Elizabeth Look Regal in Newly Released Portraits
- 'Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation' Scores Highest Opening Numbers in Franchise History
- Dave Grohl Responds After 1,000 Musicians Play Foo Fighters Song in Unison, Plus 5 More Reasons Why He's Awesome
- Valerie Harper Replaced in 'Nice Work If You Can Get It' Following Hospital Stay
- Channing Tatum Closes Deal to Star in 'Gambit' Despite Rumors
- More From ET