I say that because, since the excellent "re-imagining" of the craptastic '70s scifi series hit the air, we expect the remakes of our favorite shows to be darker, more layered, and more complicated than the originals. But sometimes, going darker doesn't always work: take a look at the failure pile that passed for the Bionic Woman remake as the best example of that. So, when a "25 years later" return of Knight Rider was announced, I half wondered if they were going to go the BSG route and make it all serious. But I equally wondered if they would go the other way and make it a modern camp classic, sort of the way the original, Hoff-injected series was.
Turns out, the answer was "none of the above." Mostly the movie / backdoor pilot that aired last night was dull, with a few fleeting moments of camp thrown in. But it never made me clamor for the show to return as a series.
Against my better judgement, I went over and clicked on the stream. The damn song is even catchier than I thought. Now it's in my head for-freakin-ever. Thanks, Steve, wherever you are. I'll see you in hell.
It's the TV Squad Presidents' Day Blow Out Sale! Everything must go! We've got a warehouse full of lava lampshades, knee whitening kits, puppy dehydrators, hand-knitted welding masks, helium-powered baby goggles, and aisle after aisle of Mrs. Picklebutton's Homemade Mayonnaise-Flavored Waffle Syrup. Did I mention free giraffe rides for senior citizens?
Anyway, I listed five of my favorite television appearances by presidents in puppet or animated form. Hail to the chief and all that. If you think of others, please share. Taft would have wanted it that way.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Top 48 Acts of 'America's Got Talent' Season 9
- Comic-Con 2014 Photos: The Cast of 'Under the Dome' in Pedicabs and Rachelle Lefevre Goes Blonde
- The 16 Most Blood-Tingling Hookups from 'True Blood'
- 'Reign' Comic-Con 2014 Spoilers: Plague Deaths, Threats and the Baby
- 'Under the Dome' Comic-Con 2014 Spoilers: More Death, a Killer Revealed and Escaping the Dome
- More From BuddyTV
- NBC to Air Crossbones' Final Two Episodes On a Saturday Night
- Reign @ Comic-Con: Frary's 'Awkward' Future, Lola's Baby, Plague-Related Deaths and More Season 2 Scoop
- Scandal's 'Randy' Season 4 Premiere Title: What Could It Possibly Mean?
- Legend of Korra Is Moving Online, But 'There Is Definitely a Book 4'
- Freak Show Adds All My Children Alum
- More From TVLine
- Nick Jonas Releases 'Chains' Single
- ‘Fifty Shades of Grey' Stars Admit What It's Really Like Filming Those Racy Sex Scenes
- Kristen Bell Plays Mary Poppins, Gets Political in Funny or Die Parody
- Zoe Saldana Curses Out Media Following Reports of Twins
- 7 Celebs You Didn't Know Were in Music Videos Before They Were Famous
- More From ET