Keep in mind, there will be spoilers. It's not like I found out the secret to Lost, but I figured I would still give fair warning. The show will air on Wednesday April 9th at 7:30 pm ET / PT. For what happened at the taping and in the press room, read on after the jump. And check back for Jason's review Wednesday night.
However, the writing this week was really something else. It was a lot weirder than usual, I thought. For the most part, I liked it. I see that they've cut down on a lot of the more formulaic recurring character sketches, which is a massive improvement. Plus, none of the those recurring sketches are accompanied shitty little theme songs! Remember the days of "Debbie Downer" and "Carol"? Thank goodness those are over.
(S13E14) Lots of cliffhangers to resolve this week. Let's get right to it!
Luka, Abby and Curtis Ames -- Remember Forrest Whitaker in Good Morning, Vietnam? Gosh, he was so sweet and innocent as Private Garlick. Just think back to that, because Curtis Ames is in no way sweet in his final appearance on ER (and I'm not going to tell you why it's his last episode). In fact, I would have to say he is down right crazed, even more so than Lieutenant Jon Kavanaugh, the role Whittaker plays on The Shield.
(S13E07) Hey there! Before I begin I want to thank Jen Creer for filling in for me last week while I was out. You da, er, woman, Jen! And now, let's begin.
I'm not a big fan of the 'one patient' episodes that ER gives us a few times each season. Personally, I love the breakneck pace of seeing a number of patients that the show has been famous for. But, this time it was different. Most likely because it was the doctor who was treating the patient . . . Archie Morris. After wishing for a focus piece on our selfish, red-headed doctor after seeing him at work in the season premiere we finally got one this week.
(S13E05) ER tends to get some pretty big names as guest stars. Sally Field has a recurring role as Abby Lockhart's mother, and Danny Glover has appeared has Greg Pratt's Dad. Alan Alda appeared in several episodes, and so did Bob Newhart. Last season, James Woods appeared as a mentor of Abby who was stricken with Lou Gherig's disease.
This season is no different. In this week's episode (and for five more afterwards) we are treated to a guest appearance from Forrest Whitaker, fresh off of his role in The Shield (and as Edie Amin in The Last King of Scotland, at a theater near you). However, he's not one of those warm and cuddly guest stars you normally see. No, he's pissed at County General in general, and with Doctor Luka Kovac in particular, and he wants his day in court to prove how poorly he was treated.
His attorney for this case? Chandler Bing's on-again, off-again girlfriend Janice. No, seriously! Read on, if you dare.
According to this morning's Ausiello Report, "reliable sources" have confirmed that a sixth season of The Shield has been green-lit. It seems that show creator Shawn Ryan is confident that there's still plenty more story to tell. Of course, at this rate, a sixth season probably won't be seen until sometime in late 2007 or 2008.
The last ten episodes of season five are currently being filmed and won't air until early 2007, which gives FX time to finish out the third season of Rescue Me and the fourth season of Nip/Tuck. No matter how you look at this though, it's good news. The Shield is easily one of the top five shows on TV (in my book anyway) and it's good to know that it'll be around for a little while longer.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 6?
- 'The 100' Season 3 Interview: Eliza Taylor Teases Clarke's 'Going to Be Losing Her Mind'
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Two Dancers Will Leave the Top 16?
- 'True Detective' Recap: Everyone's on the Run for Their Lives as a Detective Bites the Dust
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Jared and Jade Become Hot Commodities
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: American Crime Plot Scoop, Transparent Return Date & More
- CSI Finale Photos: Marg Helgenberger Shares 'Grillows' Reunion and More
- Sleepy Hollow Season 3: Hasta la Vista, Headless!
- Scoop: Carla Gugino Joins Showtime's Cameron Crowe Pilot Roadies, Replacing Christina Hendricks
- Legends of Tomorrow Casts Reckless Actor as Hawkman
- More From TVLine
- Carrie Underwood Looks Incredible During Music Video Shoot Just 5 Months After Giving Birth
- Listen to 'Uptown Funk' as Performed by 280 Movies
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Heartbreaking Burial Service Asks for Prayers for Cissy Houston
- Rooster McConaughey -- Yes, Matthew's Brother -- Talks ‘West Texas Investors,' His Nickname & Donald Trump
- Amy Schumer Emotionally Speaks Out on Gun Violence: 'These Shootings Have Got to Stop'
- More From ET