Here's a little round-up of what some of your favorite comedic actors have been up to:
First of all, Bob Odenkirk and a few others have provided their comedy expertise to a new book from McSweeneys titled Comedy by the Numbers. The book breaks comedy down to its bare elements (see pic on the right) so that anyone can become a funny person. Despite the book's obvious tongue-in-cheek approach, I find it somewhat appropriate since I've often considered McSweeneys approach to humor to be a little too cold and clinical sometimes.
Messageboards can sometimes be a lot of fun to read, not because they're funny, but because reading them is like watching a retarded panda fighting --and subsequently making love to-- a refrigerator box. There's really no point to it, and you're embarrassed for watching, but you just can't tear yourself away from the spectacle.
This thread over on A Special Thing (a site and podcast I mentioned before) is an exception, because three actual comedians chat about their dinner plans. Well, mostly it's Todd Barry and Louis C.K., but Andy Kindler chimes in at one point, too. The contrast between professional comedians who actual are funny and forum users who aren't especially funny is kind of beautiful in its own way.
The thread contains some strong language.
[via CC Insider]
I've gotta say that I like how Greg Garcia and company did this. They didn't monopolize the forum, but they just used it once to coincide with a show where they were giving the website a shout-out.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Week 10 Photo Booth Gallery
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 12: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 22 Episode 5 Photos: No Filter
- 'Big Brother 17': Why Is No One Targeting Austin and the Twins?
- 'RHOBH' Star Kim Richards Avoids Jail Time for Beverly Hills Hotel Assault Case
- More From BuddyTV
- Grey's, Scandal and HTGAWM Casts Wine and Shine in New TGIT Promo
- Penny Dreadful Season 3: Patti LuPone Returns (But There's a Huge Twist)
- Scandal's Huck and Quinn Torture The Muppets' Gonzo — And He Likes It
- The Voice's Season 9 Coaches Want Bette Midler to Do What?!
- Donald Trump to Make NBC Return on The Tonight Show in September
- More From TVLine
- J.K. Rowling Wishes Harry Potter's Son, James Sirius, Good Luck on His First Day at Hogwarts
- Lena Dunham Calls Out Justin Bieber's 'What Do You Mean?' Lyrics
- Donald Trump to Sit Down With Jimmy Fallon on Sept. 11 Episode of 'The Tonight Show'
- Julianne Hough and Her Fiance Couldn't Look Happier at Their First Red Carpet Since Getting Engaged
- Mila Kunis Compares Ashton Kutcher to 'Bachelor in Paradise' Star Jared Haibon
- More From ET