four letter word
There are many swears that have started to make their way on to television, and I don't mean just HBO and Showtime. I've heard "shit" and "asshole" sprinkled here and there.
But there's still one word that's a no-no, and that's the famous four letter word that begins with the letter "F." It's banned on network television, and I think even on cable you can only get away with it so many times during one show. In the movies there are limits to the number of times it is used and the context (exclamation or verb?).
After the jump are the top ten videos of the word being used on live television. This Digg post lists the Richard Simmons clip as number one, but that's not accurate because they're outtakes, not live segments. Still funny though!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelorette' Runner-Up Nick Viall: ' I Think Shawn Really Enjoys My Misfortune'
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: The House Flips and New Targets Emerge
- 'Big Brother 17' Week 5: Vanessa's 2nd HoH Photos
- 'Graceland' Recap: Mike's Addiction Worsens
- 'Under the Dome' Recap: It's the End of the World as We Know It
- More From BuddyTV
- How to Get Away With Murder Season 2: X-Men's Famke Janssen Lands Arc
- Cancelled Too Soon: Pushing Daisies, Constantine, Forever & 17 More Shows TVLine Readers Will Always Miss
- Ratings: Astronaut Wives Club Rises, Big Brother Ticks Up
- Humans Renewed for Season 2 at AMC
- Wet Hot American Summer: Will You Show Up for First Day of Camp?
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: Kristen Wiig and Alexander Skarsgård Share a Kiss in New ‘Diary of a Teenage Girl' Clip
- Ashlee Simpson and Evan Ross Welcome Baby Girl
- Ice T Hilariously Provides Voices for Characters From 'Care Bears' and 'Smurfs'
- Watch One Direction Learn How to ‘Whip/Nae Nae' From a Super-Cute Fan
- Khloe Kardashian: My Sisters and I Still Refer to Caitlyn Jenner as 'Bruce'
- More From ET