four letter word
There are many swears that have started to make their way on to television, and I don't mean just HBO and Showtime. I've heard "shit" and "asshole" sprinkled here and there.
But there's still one word that's a no-no, and that's the famous four letter word that begins with the letter "F." It's banned on network television, and I think even on cable you can only get away with it so many times during one show. In the movies there are limits to the number of times it is used and the context (exclamation or verb?).
After the jump are the top ten videos of the word being used on live television. This Digg post lists the Richard Simmons clip as number one, but that's not accurate because they're outtakes, not live segments. Still funny though!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway' Season 14: Ranking the Looks of 'Fashion Flip'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Episode 5B Photos: Justin and Mackenzie Get a Surprise Wedding
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Which Juror Returns and Who Is the Week 10 HoH?
- 'Graceland' Recap: Can Paul Be Trusted?
- 'Under the Dome' Recap: All Hail the Queen
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Rookie Blue Hits Series Low
- Sutton Foster Books Guest Gig on Amazon Dark Comedy Mad Dogs
- Originals Deleted Scene: Hayley Gets a Big Surprise On Her Wedding Night
- Julie Benz Previews Defiance Finale, Ponders Buffy/Angel Twitter Parties
- Disney Channel's Invisible Sister Gets Premiere Date — Also, See First Photo
- More From TVLine
- Star Sightings August 2015
- Charlie Sheen Wants to Be Donald Trump's Running Mate -- Thanks to Owen Wilson
- It's Official! Music Icon Chaka Khan Will Compete in Season 21 of 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Ashley Madison CEO Steps Down After Company Hack
- Celine Dion Returns to the Stage After Year-Long Hiatus to Care for Her Husband
- More From ET