fourth of july
- Discovery's Deadliest Catch marathon continues all night.
- USA's James Bond movie marathon continues.
- Sci-Fi's Twilight Zone continues all weekend.
- Military Channel has a marathon of The Revolutionary War.
- At 7, ESPN Classic has the 2009 Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest.
- At 8, NBC has a new Kings, then Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular.
- PBS has A Capitol Fourth at 8.
- Cartoon Network has a new BrainRush at 8, followed by a new Destroy Build Destroy.
- At 9, CNBC has a new Suze Orman Show.
- At 10, ABC has a new Eli Stone.
- CBS has the Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular at 10.
- At 10:15, TCM has 1776.
- At 12:30AM, Cartoon Network has a new Bleach.
Check your local TV listings for more.
Are you that way too? There are some marathons on TV tomorrow that you might like. A sampling:
- Sci-Fi will continue their Twilight Zone marathon.
- TCM has Fourth of July/historical movies all day long.
- USA will have James Bond movies all day long starting at 9AM.
- Discovery has a Deadliest Catch marathon at 9AM.
- TV Land will have a Leave It To Beaver marathon starting at 11AM.
- At noon, HGTV has a marathon of HGTV's $250,000 Challenge.
Spike TV makes sure to point out that MXC is not dubbed or a literal translation of Takeshi's Castle. The show is written and voiced by the following actors: Victor Wilson, Christopher Ranga, Mary Scheer, and John Cervenka.
- Sci-Fi has a Twilight Zone marathon all day and night, while The History Channel has a marathon of Revolution.
- TCM has Yankee Doodle Dandy at 5:30, followed by The Howards of Virginia and 1776.
- At 8, PBS has A Capitol Fourth, with Tony Danza, Bebe Neuwirth, Elliot Yamin, Yolanda Adams, and Hayden Penttiere from Heroes. Wow, did they just pick names out of a celebrity hat or something?
- The CW has a new Hidden Palms at 8.
- At 9, NBC has the Macy's Fourth of July Spectacular, followed by a new Dateline.
- TBS has two new episodes of Tyler Perry's House of Payne starting at 9.
- At 10, CBS has the Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular.
Check your local TV listings for more.
- At 8pm, CBS has A Hero's Welcome, followed by a repeat NCIS, then the Boston Pops Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular.
- PBS has A Capitol Fourth, from Washington, D.C.
- Also at 8: TCM has Mr. Smith Goes To Washington.
- At 9, NBC has the Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular.
- TLC has a new Overhaulin' at 9.
- Biography Channel has Tom Selleck in Ike: Countdown to D-Day. It's on at 9 too.
- At 9:30, ESPN2 has World Cup coverage.
- At 10, ABC has An American Celebration at Ford's Theater: The Fourth of July Special.
- The Sci-Fi Channel has another day of their Twilight Zone marathon all day and night (until 10pm).
- USA is showing a Monk marathon all day and night.
So here it is, the Fourth of July. Barbecues, beaches, parades, fireworks and all that. But there's TV too, if you don't want to go outside.
What is everyone watching today? It's a weekday so many of the same shows are on, but there are also a lot of specials too. USA has a Monk marathon all day and night, while The Sci-Fi Channel has the last day of their three day Twilight Zone marathon. CNN, MSNBC, and FOX News will probably have coverage of all of the Fourth celebrations and rememberances throughout the day. And the space shuttle Discovery is supposed to lift off at 2:38pm ET.
My two Fourth of July TV traditions are watching the episode of Magnum, P.I. where he goes out on the Fourth to row by himself, and gets knocked off of his canoe and has flashbacks to when his dad taught him to swim. And Wimbledon! I'll be watching Wimbledon all day on NBC and ESPN2.
What are your Fourth TV traditions?
A brand new season of Monk kicks off on July 7 at 9 p.m., but before that you can catch a Fourth of July marathon which kicks off in the wee hours of the morning on July 4 and runs until 11 p.m. Now while all those losers are out burning their hands on charcoal grills and eating questionable potato salad you can rest comfortably in your home with the air conditioner on. Or, alternatively, you can tape all the episodes and actually get the heck out of the house and socialize with other human beings. You know, if you're into that kind of thing. The first episodes of the new season guest stars Stanley Tucci. I'll be covering the episodes for you once again, too.
Oh, sure, what better way to celebrate our national holiday than with the overbearing host of an exploitive, unhelpful talk show that masquerades as a "helpful discussion" when it's really just as bad as Maury Povich. I'm confused by this. I don't know if I was going to watch the concert anyway (the music is nice but I'm not a fireworks fan), but this nailed it: I'm not going to watch it at all.
Maybe next year they can get Courtney Love and Jerry Springer to host!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- November 2014: Don't Miss These 12 TV Shows and Events
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 19 Jaw-Dropping Moments from 'The World Has Turned and Left Me Here'
- 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4 Premiere: Ranking the Looks of 'Made in Manhattan'
- Halloween Scarefest: Your Guide to Finding the Perfect Spooky TV and Movie Marathon
- 'Constantine' Interview: Angelica Celaya Says Zed Is 'Running Away'
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: Bradley Cooper's Limitless Pilot, Vicious Season 2 & More
- Bob's Burgers Sneak Peek: Tina Tries to Scare Up a Halloween Date
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Video: Terry (and Terry) Learn All About 'Silent Disco'
- Arrow First Look: Charlotte Ross Debuts as Felicity's Smoakin' Mom
- Starz's Magic City Returning as Movie; Bruce Willis, More to Join Original Cast
- More From TVLine
- Beyonce and Blue Ivy Flawlessly Honor the Jacksons on Halloween
- Teresa Giudice's Teen Daughter Releases Scandalous Music Video, But Did It Really Cost $10K?
- Stylish Amal Clooney is Everyone's Favorite Halloween Costume
- J.K. Rowling Celebrates Halloween by Releasing a Wicked, New 'Harry Potter' Story
- Chelsea Handler Slams Instagram for Removing Her Topless Photo
- More From ET