There was no shortage of truly great TV shows this decade -- but there was no dearth of really bad TV, either.
From talking babies and singing-and-dancing casino moguls to ill-conceived celebrity ventures into reality programming and scripted fare ... and whatever category you want to put the inexplicably enduring 'According to Jim' in, here are our picks for the worst TV the networks offered up to us in the last 10 years.
Some day I should probably type up an official list of the actresses who, by their mere presence, will guarantee I'll watch a series. The fact that I saw every episode of Freddie should serve as proof that Mädchen Amick is on that list. After following that up with Viva Laughlin, I think we can all agree that this latest role has her career moving in the generally upwards direction.
My Own Worst Enemy was already on my short list of new shows to keep an eye on in the fall. It's an interesting premise, has Christian Slater, and the previews look great. The addition of Amick just makes it that much more intriguing. She'll be taking over the role of Henry's wife that was originally played by Yara Martinez (The Unit). It's a bit of rough luck for Martinez. Before this she was set to appear in that ill-fated Spaced remake.
Also, ABC had reportedly decided not to renew Invasion, Freddie and Hope & Faith. Also not major surprises-- and Invasion might end up on The CW. What will Kelly Ripa do with all her extra time?
Stick around... Bob will be covering NBC's Upfronts later today.
Maybe no one realized this yet. Or, maybe no one really cared. During the 2005-06 television season, seven alumni of FOX's Beverly Hills, 90210 have appeared or will appear in a regular series.
Do you doubt me? Do you think it isn't true? Do you think I have way too much time on my hands? Well, the last may be true, but that's not the point.
Click on, dear reader, for the proof that you seek.
- ABC has a new George Lopez at 8, followed by new eps of Freddie, Lost, and The Evidence.
- CBS has a new Amazing Race, then new eps of Criminal Minds and CSI: NY.
- Over on NBC, yet another new Deal Or No Deal, followed by a new Heist (yes, watch it while you still can), then a repeat of Law and Order.
- FOX has a new ep of The Loop at 8, followed by the results show of American Idol (on early this week), and then a new ep of Unanimous.
- The WB has a new ep of One Tree Hill at 8, then a new Bedford Diaries.
- UPN has a new America's Next Top Model and a repeat Veronica Mars.
- PBS has a special, Rx For Survival: The Heroes (check local listings).
- Food Network has a new Emeril Live at 8.
- At 10, FX has a new Black. White.
- Comedy Central has a new South Park, followed by a new Mind of Mencia.
- Also at 10: Bravo has a new Top Chef.
Here are the shows (on all networks) that media buyers think are in danger of cancellation:
- The guys sing tonight on American Idol, on FOX at 8pm. It's followed by a new Bones.
- ABC has a repeat George Lopez, a new Freddie, a repeat Lost, and a new Invasion.
- CBS continues their burning off of new eps of Still Standing by scheduling two more starting at 8 (I think this is the last year - too bad, it's a good sitcom). It's followed by new eps of Criminal Minds and CSI: NY.
- NBC has another "special edition" of The Biggest Loser, followed by a repeat Law and Order, then a new one.
- The WB has a repeat One Tree Hill at 8, followed by a repeat Beauty and the Geek.
- UPN has a new two hour America's Next Top Model.
- It's I Want That! night on HGTV, with new eps of I Want That! Baths at 8, I Want That! Kitchens at 8:30, then the plain old regular I Want That! at 9.
- If you're too young to remember these 60s spies shows, check out I Spy at 8, and then eps of The Man From U.N.C.L.E. and The Girl From U.N.C.L.E. On American Life.
- Or you can catch the ultimate spy, James Bond, in Diamonds Are Forever, on AMC at 8.
- There's a new Mythbusters on Discovery at 9.
- At 10, Fox Movie Channel has Timothy Hutton and Robert Urich in Turk 182!
- Also at 10: FX has a new Black.White, and
Bravo has the Project Runway finale.
- At 10:30, Comedy Central has a new Drawn Together.
- At 11, a new reality show: Top Chef premieres on Bravo.
- PBS has a new episode of National Geographic, "The New Royals." Check local listings for time.
- ABC all new eps of George Lopez at 8pm, Freddie, Lost, and Invasion.
- CBS is all new too, with Still Standing, Yes, Dear, Criminal Minds, and CSI: NY.
- NBC has Jamie Foxx singing! Unpredictable airs at 8, and is followed by a new ep of The Biggest Loser and a repeat Law and Order.
- More American Idol auditions on FOX at 8. (Last night they had some worse singers than William Hung, and also one of the best singers they've ever had on any American Idol). Then at 9 there's a new Bones (new night and time).
- UPN has a new South Beach and a new Veronica Mars, while the WB has a new One Tree Hill and a repeat Beauty and the Geek.
- Discovery has a new Superships at 8.
- Also at 8: the best Bond movie, Goldfinger, followed by Thunderball.
- On Emeril Live at 8: "A Hunter's Feast." It's on Food Network.
- TCM has the original Bad News Bears at 8.
- At 9, TNT has a cool, underrated action flick, The Long Kiss Goodnight, with Geena Davis as a suburban mom assassin with amnesia.
- Buy Me. I mean a new ep of that show is on HGTV at 9, of course.
- At 9:30, A&E has a new Inked, while ESPN2 has The Australian Open.
- This should be a cool new ep of Good Eats: Alton Brown explains the basics of a home bar. It's on at 10, and is followed by a new Ham on the Street.
- Also at 10: Bravo has a new Project Runway (repeated at 11).
- At 10:30, Comedy Central has a new Drawn Together.
- At 11, Soap Network has They Started on Soaps 5, which shows clips of famous celebs who got their start in daytime, including Jennifer Garner, Hilary Swank, and Steve Zahn.
- At 12:30am, Cartoon Network has a new Samurai Champloo.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Vampire Diaries' Quotes from 'Fifty Shades of Grayson'
- 'American Horror Story: Coven': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Head'
- Best 'Arrow' Quotes from 'Three Ghosts'
- 'Nashville': 2 Jaw-Dropping and 12 Surprising Moments from 'Tomorrow Never Comes'
- 'Scandal' Fall Finale Recap: The Devil Came In
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Grimm' Season 3 fall finale spoilers: Bad Christmas and angry gators
- 'Friday the 13th: The Series' marathon: 5 favorite episodes
- 'The X Factor': Restless Road think Alex and Sierra will win
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kurt Sutter gets medieval pilot at FX with Brian Grazer
- 'Saturday Night Live' adding black female cast member in January
- More From Zap2it
- What to Watch Friday: Haven and 4 Other Finales, Nikita's Big Decision, Five-0 Meets WWII and More
- Post Mortem: Scandal EP Breaks Down the Fall Finale's Big Twists â€” Including [Spoiler]'s Return
- Parenthood Recap: A Heartbreaking Twist, Forbidden Feelings and a Surprise Return
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Altar Egos
- The X Factor Season 3 Semifinal Results Recap: What Doesn't Kill You Makes a Fighter
- More From TVLine