At the beginning of the sketch, Nick Swardson struggled to stay awake. He needed to avoid deranged killer Freddy Kreuger, star of 'A Nightmare on Elm Street.' Nick failed and fell asleep anyway. Freddy entered Nick's dream, where he had the power to murder his victims.
Krueger caught Nick in bed with a sexy young woman (Natasha Leggero). The killer cackled in his trademark maniacal style: "Two dead bodies for the price of one!" ... Which is when things went very wrong.
But Haley does get to play the more interesting character -- the mysterious guy behind the scenes, the one who can find any information you need about anyone or anything, the guy who, when threatened by thugs, will accept their initial beat-down and tell them in great detail who he will kill in their sleep first, offering condolences the wife and kids.
Through the first three episodes, there are few concrete details about Guerrero's past, and aspect of the character that Haley enjoys. "That's what's fun about this guy, it seems like we're kind of all learning it together." he said during a conference call with the media.
- I love Friday the 13th and am totally psyched for the new one that just came out. If you need to catch up on the franchise, check out Cinematical's Obsessive-Compulsive Guide to the Friday the 13th Movies.
- I never saw the recent Brandon Routh Superman movie, but if they recast the role of Superman with Jon Hamm, I'll be there in a second. Cinematical asks "when do you recast a character?"
- Felicity Huffman playing a role other than Lynette Scavo? I'm in. Check out the trailer for her new movie, Phoebe in Wonderland.
- Remember how I said I love Friday the 13th? Well, I do. If you do too, check out Cinematical Seven: Jason's Greatest Kills.
- ...Nightmare on Elm Street, on the other hand, doesn't quite do it for me. Cinematical's Scott Weinberg, however, does not agree. In fact, a new Freddy Krueger is totally cool with him.
- Freddy Krueger: Registered Offender. This Halloween, we take the time to reflect on what it would be like if a horribly-disfigured man who kills children in their dreams moves into your neighborhood.
- Not all Halloween movies have to be creepy; some are just ... unsettling. Check out the Cinematical Seven: Plain Old Creepy Flicks.
- Speaking of creepy, check out photos from the new Sam Raimi movie, Drag Me To Hell. They made my neck tingle ... in a bad way.
- Do you have an idea for your own Halloween movie (or any other film, for that matter)? If so, Details magazine wants to hear it. Find out how you can pitch them your idea and get your movie made.
- It may not be a horror movie, but it does open on Halloween and I am super-stoked: Zack and Miri Make a Porno finally opens! Check out Cinematical's interviews with Kevin Smith.
(S03E10) Ya know, it's times like this when I miss the old TV Squad episode rating system, because here is one that I could have given the coveted 7 out of 7 to. The Supernatural team delivered on all counts this week. There was the usual humor, with some terrific one liners (Brad Pitt?), a good bit of the creepy, a big step for Dean's ongoing story, all the Bobby you could ask for, and one more reason to be really frickin' annoyed with Bela. Really, what more could you want out of your Thursday night? We don't need no stinkin' ghostbusters with jacked up vacuum cleaners.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Castle Shocker: Penny Johnson Jerald Not Returning for Season 8
- Chicago Med: Arrow Alum Colin Donnell Joins Spinoff as Series Regular
- Teen Wolf: Five Teases from the Twisted Season 5 Premiere
- American Odyssey: Allison Mack Learns a Big Secret From Odelle's Daughter
- TVLine Items: Married Parents Cast, Oil Renamed, GH's New Dillon and More
- More From TVLine