Our pals over at Cinematical are understandably excited about the upcoming Watchmen movie. There is a bit of fun in it for us over in TV land as well. As part of the Watchmen push, Warner Premiere's Motion Comics has launched Watchmen - Motion Comic.
As they put it in the press release - "Warner Premiere's Motion Comics draw on a massive amount of source material to bring a visually engaging experience to life through the use of subtle movements, voice-overs, sweeping music scores and stunning comic book artwork." If that doesn't make sense, think of it as a graphic novel treated to the Ken Burns effect, with bits of animation added in, and a voice over to top it all off. The first episode is available as a free download from iTunes, and well worth a look. So far it seems to be getting great reviews, with the exception of a number of complaints due to the choice of using a male voice for a female character.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- MTV's Happyland: Is New Comedy Worth the Price of Admission?
- Sons of Anarchy Recap: Risky Business
- The Voice Recap: The Curious Case of Un-Pushed Buttons [Updated]
- The Mindy Project Recap: Evasive Maneuvers
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Vampire Diaries, Walking Dead, Bones, Bates, Dixie, Chi Fire, Witches and More
- More From TVLine
- Neil Patrick Harris Shares His Beautiful Wedding Pics On 'Late Show'
- Who Will Lorde Choose for the 'Mockingjay' Soundtrack? 4 Predictions
- Ryan Hansen Reveals Why All 'Veronica Mars' Fans Should Be Watching 'Play It Again Dick'
- Jeff Goldblum Stars In This Super-Crazy Commercial For Light Bulbs
- TV's No. 1 Male Meets His Match on 'NCIS'
- More From ET