Our pals over at Cinematical are understandably excited about the upcoming Watchmen movie. There is a bit of fun in it for us over in TV land as well. As part of the Watchmen push, Warner Premiere's Motion Comics has launched Watchmen - Motion Comic.
As they put it in the press release - "Warner Premiere's Motion Comics draw on a massive amount of source material to bring a visually engaging experience to life through the use of subtle movements, voice-overs, sweeping music scores and stunning comic book artwork." If that doesn't make sense, think of it as a graphic novel treated to the Ken Burns effect, with bits of animation added in, and a voice over to top it all off. The first episode is available as a free download from iTunes, and well worth a look. So far it seems to be getting great reviews, with the exception of a number of complaints due to the choice of using a male voice for a female character.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Glee' Episodes 6.3 and 6.4 Photos: A Love Triangle for Kurt
- 'Glee' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Everyone Comes Back to McKinley
- 10 Unforgettable Moments from 'The Amazing Race' Season 25
- Steroline: 9 Pivotal Moments of Stefan and Caroline's Relationship on 'The Vampire Diaries'
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.11 Photos: Will Grief Unite Emily and Victoria?
- More From BuddyTV
- Kevin Hart Hosting First SNL of 2015
- TVLine's Performers of the Week: Laurie Metcalf and Stephen Colbert
- Ratings: Amazing Race Ticks Up With Finale, Splits 3-Way Demo Win
- Mysteries of Laura Adds Boardwalk Alum Meg Steedle as Series Regular
- Darlene Love's Final Late Show Visit: Watch Her Full Performance
- More From TVLine