One of those three young politicians will be Sarah Chalke, formerly of 'Scrubs.' Can I tell you how embarrassed I was when 'Scrubs' started that I didn't realize that Chalke was the girl who took over in the role of Becky Conner (from Lecy Goranson, now called Alicia Goranson) on 'Roseanne' for a few seasons? Looking back now it's insanely obvious but I didn't make the connection until a few years after 'Scrubs' started.
The former 'Scrubs' star has been tapped to star in ABC's 'Freshmen,' the highly-anticipated comedy pilot from Greg Malins and, of all people, blogger Arianna Huffington.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Chalke will play Jane, a "beautiful," "smart" and extremely successful woman who is great at politics but terrible with men. Jane lives with two male roommates in D.C., each of whom are freshman members of Congress. Said roles have yet to be cast.
Do not adjust your web browser. You are now entering the Retro Squad, where we are reviewing past episodes of your favorite shows, in order, every week.
(S01E01) It is clear, right from the opening scene of this first episode of Strangers with Candy, that the people behind the show knew exactly which notes they wanted to strike and exactly the kind of world they wanted to create around Jerri Blank, the forty year old self-described 'boozer, user, and loser' who is trying to get back on track by starting high school all over again. The opening sequence -- a school assembly in which a swaggering policeman warns kids against the danger of drugs while somehow making the drugs seem appealing -- has a great meta moment when the educational filmstrip starts, and shows the policeman making the exact same introduction and then showing a film within a film. Tiny surreal moments like this pop up throughout the rest of the show's run, which is just one reason some of us latched onto the series while it remained largely ignored by most television viewers.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- A to Z Star Cristin Milioti Talks Hitting the Rom-Com Jackpot (Again) — Plus: Why HIMYM's Ending Was 'Brave'
- Gilmore Girls on Netflix: 25 Must-Watch Episodes (And 7 You Can Skip)
- Red Band's Dave Annable on Hot Doc's Messy Love Life, Clooney-esque Hair
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Recruits White Collar Vet Tim DeKay to Play Ward's [Spoiler]
- FX Orders Pariah Pilot From It's Always Sunny Scribes, Starring Comic Bill Burr
- More From TVLine
- Mom Documents All the Hilarious Ways Her 4-Year-Old Insults Her
- 'Twilight' Is Returning with New Short Films
- Mindy Kaling and Elmo Dancing Together Will Melt Your Heart
- Listen to the Original Jasmine Sing the 'Aladdin' Theme Song 22 Years Later
- Nick Jonas Flashes His Abs For 'Flaunt' Magazine
- More From ET