friday the 13th
Steven Weber. Alas, his last stalled series ended just months ago, ABC's 'Happy Town.' Following his breakout on 'Wings', he tried to break free from ensemble series with a show called -- oh my! -- 'Cursed.'
So cursed was 'Cursed,' it was renamed 'The Weber Show' midway through its brief run. Since then, he has guest starred on hits ('In Plain Sight', 'Desperate Housewives') and had a near-miss in 2007.
Instead, these poor souls are destined to sweat, strain and struggle their way through life as best they can, whether it's cleaning up the blood of loved ones or looking into a dismal future.
Read on for our sympathy notes to a few unfortunate souls on the tube...
This is the first week in quite some time that I'm definitely, definitely, definitely going to buy one of the DVD sets that is being released. And that would be 30 Rock. Can't wait for the fourth season to start in October.
As for The Mentalist, I love it but I can't imagine watching the episodes again, you know?
- 30 Rock - Season 3
- Being Erica - Season 1
- Brotherhood - Final Season
- Castle - Season 1
- I love Friday the 13th and am totally psyched for the new one that just came out. If you need to catch up on the franchise, check out Cinematical's Obsessive-Compulsive Guide to the Friday the 13th Movies.
- I never saw the recent Brandon Routh Superman movie, but if they recast the role of Superman with Jon Hamm, I'll be there in a second. Cinematical asks "when do you recast a character?"
- Felicity Huffman playing a role other than Lynette Scavo? I'm in. Check out the trailer for her new movie, Phoebe in Wonderland.
- Remember how I said I love Friday the 13th? Well, I do. If you do too, check out Cinematical Seven: Jason's Greatest Kills.
- ...Nightmare on Elm Street, on the other hand, doesn't quite do it for me. Cinematical's Scott Weinberg, however, does not agree. In fact, a new Freddy Krueger is totally cool with him.
One of these days I'm going to get these Route 66 sets. Since I haven't bought any so far and this is a Producer's Picks set, it might be a good place to start. Don't remember the Fat Albert Easter special. Maybe that's the one where he ate a lot of candy and got fat?
And if you haven't gotten the older season one set of House yet, you should buy this one because it's "Anamorphic." Which I think means it was filmed underwater.
- A Haunting - Demon Angels and House of Fear
- Alvin & The Chipmunks - Mystery of the Easter Chipmunk
- Dragon Ball Z - Season 8
- Fat Albert & The Cosby Kids - Easter Special
- Friday The 13th - Season 2
- House - Season 1 (Anamorphic Edition)
- The Inauguration of Barack Obama on CNN
- Kennedy - The Complete Miniseries
- Life with Derek - Let The Games Begin
- When I was younger, I went through weird movie phases. When I was about 10, I decided that I needed to see every single Friday the 13th movie; so I did. Suffice it to say, I'm psyched about An Obsessive-Compulsive's Guide to the Friday the 13th Movies.
- Am I the only one who feels like starring in a movie based on a video game is beneath Gerard Butler? Check out an early review of his upcoming movie, Game, and decide for yourself.
- The film, W., is obviously not a documentary, but while Oliver Stone took dramatic license with the material, he did do extensive research as well. Check out the fact guide for W.
- Do these Hollywood director attack ads make more fun of John McCain, or directors like John Woo and Wes Anderson? More importantly, are they funny?
- Cinematical wants to know what you're wearing. Enter their 4th annual Halloween costume contest, and win a crap-ton of DVDs!
I think I mentioned a week or two ago that it was good that I didn't have to spend any money on DVDs. Well, it looks like we're getting into a time when they're releasing something every single week that I want. This week it's Game Show Moments Gone Bananas, which looks like a lot of fun.
The first season of This American Life is finally out in general release after the Borders-only version from last year.
- Alvin & The Chipmunks - Alvin's Thanksgiving Celebration and Holiday Gift Set
- Ax Men - Season 1
- Boston Legal - Season 4
- Brothers & Sisters - Season 2
- CSI: NY - Season 4
- Cashmere Mafia - Complete Series
- Friday The 13th - Season 1
- Games Show Moments Gone Bananas
- iCarly - Season 1, Vol. 1
- Peanuts - Peanuts Holiday Collection
- Rob & Big - Season 3
- Samantha Who? - Season 1
- Schoolhouse Rock - Election Collection
- This American Life - Season 1
- Two and a Half Men - Season 4
Notice I didn't put an exact date for when Monsterfest starts in the title. I'm not quite sure when it starts. The American Movie Classics site doesn't have an exact start date. If you click on Monsterfest Schedule it goes to October 21, and the first couple of movies are The Birds and Psycho, but then there are a few war movies and dramas, so I'm not sure if this is the "official" start of the Monsterfest but I'll take their own link as gospel.
Yup, that's right, an open casket call, for FOX's new reality show, The Search For The Next Elvira.
It's happening this Friday (Friday the 13th, natch) at 4pm on The Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA. But if you can't make it there, you can download an application from the show's web site. They're looking for a new horror hostess to take the reigns from the classic horror movie icon.
(S05E17) As I got into this episode, two things occurred to me. First, since next week is the season finale, when did they decide to cut this season to 18 episodes? More importantly for our purposes here though, this episode felt very familiar. It took a minute, but when Lois and Mayor West got to the debate, I remembered what it was. The main story was very similar to the season two episode, "Running Mates."
Boo! Did I scare you? Well, if I didn't that's okay. I'm not much into scaring people since I gave Uncle Barry that heart attack at last year's Halloween party by putting a bloody finger into his apple-tini. Eh, Barry deserved it; he was always a putz. And constantly asking for money. I mean, one time . . .
Sorry, wandered off for a bit there. What was I talking about? Oh, yes, scaring people. There's really no need for me to scare anyone this upcoming Halloween since my good old friend television can do it much better. In fact, now that there are so many channels to choose from, you can watch hours of blood and gore and ooze into the wee hours of the morning while noshing on all of the 'good' candy that your children bring back (this would be anything from the Hershey or M&M/Mars family of candies).
So, to make your life a bit easier while you come down from that sugar buzz, we here at TV Squad have provided you with a comprehensive list of Halloween-themed programming that will be airing on from about dinnertime on October 31st into the first of November. It's all there, from the Halloween and Friday the 13th films (and their numerous sequels) to Halloween-themed Roseanne episodes, to classic Vincent Price movies such as House of Wax. We even mention Dark Town, which airs at 3:15 am on Wednesday, November 1st. In Dark Town a lesbian and a gangbanger team up to battle vampires. Gosh, what will the entertainment industry think of next?
The complete (or as near as complete list) can be seen right after the scary jump. Ooh!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from the Season 4 Winter Finale
- 'Castle' Episode 7.8 Photos: Esposito is Taken Hostage
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Episode 7.12 Photos: More Truths are Revealed
- 'Bones' Recap: Can Baby Seeley Heal The Jeffersonian?
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.8 Photos: The Flash Comes to Starling City
- More From BuddyTV
- William Shatner Treks to Haven: Get Exclusive Details on His 'Pivotal' Arc
- The Simpsons Sneak Peek: Will Forte Brings the Infamous King Toot to Life
- Parenthood Recap: Past Imperfect
- How to Get Away With Murder Winter Finale Recap: And the Killer Is...
- Scandal Winter Finale Recap: Gone Girl
- More From TVLine
- Ryan Gosling Gets Restraining Order Against Woman Who Says She's His 'Twin Flame'
- Thousands Petition to Cancel '19 Kids and Counting' Claiming 'LGBTQ Fear Mongering'
- Bill Cosby Gets Small Standing Ovation at Comedy Show in Bahamas
- Britney Spears, Gwyneth Paltrow Read 'Mean Tweets'
- Robin Williams' Son Speaks Out for First Time Since Dad's Death
- More From ET